Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

McGrady Disses Bosh; Says Toronto Fans Don't Know Why They're Even Booing.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

heinz57 wrote: View Post
    my issue with the booing isnt that it happens... its that it doesnt happen enough

it shouldn't be restricted to former raptors who left in less than favourable circumstances... it should apply to any player on the court who wants our team to lose.

"home court advantage" isnt supposed to be "favoritism from the refs"... its supposed to actually mean something... you're SUPPOSED to be hated on the road.

but im a throwback. ive been a fan since a hard foul was cracking a dude across the temple with your fist, and a flagrant meant you drew blood.
    Maybe we should cheer on the other teams instead? haha

But honestly, saying we shouldn't boo teams is the dumbest thing ever. Do you even like sports?
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post

But honestly, saying we shouldn't boo teams is the dumbest thing ever. Do you even like sports?
      EXACTLY. its like people think this is figure skating or synchronized swimming. Booing the opposition is part of being a fan.

Comment

Because he made us believe he would stay. Grunwald didn't trade him b/c he maliciously misrepresented his true intentions. In all fairness, he fu*ked with Chicago too. I remember him throwing out the first pitch at Wrigley. He and Vince couldn't play together even though we were in the playoffs in 2000. Totally the opposite of the Super Friends in Miami who want to play together. I don't know if it could even have happened considering some of these guys were traded for each other, but it leaves a bad taste in my mouth thinkin our lineup could have possibly been:

C - Antonio Davis/Marcus Camby
        PF - Bosh
        SF - TMac
        SG - Vince
        PG - Damon Stoudamire/Alvin Williams

Outside of Camby, who was actually disappointed when he was traded, and Alvin, all of these fools should be booed loud and hard. If not for nothing else, then just b/c they don't wear raptor red and purple.

Comment

Hey, maybe one day, we'll boo teams because their our rivals or because our team is good enough to compete in the playoffs and we want to give them a real home court instead of booing immature guys in their 20s because they hurt our feelings and we, as Toronto fans, have an inferiority complex.

(BTW, T-Mac had bad feelings leaving Orlando and Houston. They managed to somehow move on by (shock of all shocks) getting decent players. Toronto just subtly has their broadcasters throw these guys under the bus and sign Linus Klieza)

Comment

heinz57 wrote: View Post
            EXACTLY. its like people think this is figure skating or synchronized swimming. Booing the opposition is part of being a fan.
            is booing your own team part of being a fan as well?

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              When did he "dis up the city and country he played in and for for 7 years"? From everything I've read and heard he always talks about how much he likes this city.
              Uhh...seriously? When he was saying stupid shit like how Toronto "smells different" and how he couldn't get NBA League Pass (WTF lol!!??)? That's just a few I remember. I know there was a couple more. I don't know about you, but those certainly don't sound like compliments about the city to me. Funny how he never pointed out Toronto's poignant and unique stench the seven years he was here. I'm not holding a grudge against Bosh - truth is - I WANTED him to stay. But I didn't expect him to turn into such a diva, attention-starved whore on his way out, and especially make these weird backhanded compliments about that city. He's a really skilled player, but I for one certainly think he turned into a bitch ever since that all-star break.
              http://facebook.com/DiseaseMusic

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post

maybe people are fans of the sport? and not just one team? like, are raptors games the only nba games you ever watch? no? why watch other teams if you dont like them?

Comment

rhauer wrote: View Post
                  I don't know whether you guys were even fans 10 years ago but here are a few reasons that fans still boo T-Mac:

He sulked a few times to the media that it was too cold up in Toronto and that he never really liked to leave his condo. He wouldn't return Grunwald's phone calls once free agency began, even though at the end of season media gathering he told reporters that Toronto was his number 1 choice (it's easy to say today that EVERYONE knew he was leaving at the time).

Once he left for Orlando he told ESPN that he guaranteed that Vince would leave too once he was a free agent (at the time Vince was our baby). Last season he also implied that Bosh would leave too and would never re-sign here (seemed like another diss to the franchise).

Yeah he was right that bosh wouldnt re-sign but Tmac never had much respect for the city or the franchise. At least Vince loved toronto and embraced the city, same goes with Bosh.
                  You are right on the money. Plus, Damon just bolted town like an a'hole. At the time we were a bit sensitive about keeping stars in town. It was a new franchise, and fans wanted to see its high draft picks stay around, especially when they were on the cusp of being really good. And McGrady did lead us on, like a little bitch, thus the extra disappointment. Then to rub salt in our wounds, he said that no one wants to play in Toronto and that Vince will bolt next. This didn't exactly endear us to him.

We drafted McGrady out of highschool, taking a big risk and passing up some pretty good talent. Because he was only 18, the Raps had a freakin shrink counsel him for two years so he could adjust to NBA life and living in a "foreign" country. He gave us every indication that he was going to stay, even going as far as saying TO was his #1 option. Plus the media and marketing had this whole Carter and McGrady thing, where the cousins loved each other and enjoyed playing together.

Then he bolts town like a little bitch. This was pretty shocking. That left Carter as the #1 dog. And we loved Carter back then. Then there was the whole family feud thing, where McGrady's mom started throwing insults at VC and his mom, and that whole thing blew-up into a bit of a fiasco. The boos started raining down when McGrady came back to town from then on out.

I blame T-Mac for everything from there on out, just like this video says: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cpQwZC_ChcM
                  Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

hahaha, this thread is awesome. I can't believe people are acting like Tmac left on good terms and never dissed the city. I mean you guys want to crucify Bosh for tweeting but Tmac was the biggest asshole around until Vince quit on the team. And he shat all over Toronto every chance he got. The fans aren't that stupid. He gave us reason to hate on him.

F*ck Tmac. I'd boo his ass just for being such a waste of sublime talent even if he'd never been a Raptor. How did he never win even a single series? Even without Hill or Yao there were solid teams in place around him. He's just a stats/personal glory whore and now he's garbage.
                    Last edited by minks77; Thu Dec 23, 2010, 10:16 PM.
                    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

phez wrote: View Post
                      is booing your own team part of being a fan as well?
                      if that's your thing, you're welcome to it.

ive never in my life booed my own team, and really dont have any desire to do it no matter how bad they're performing. mass groaning is a whole other story.

im no fairweather fan. if they're winning, they're my favourite team. if they're losing, they're my favourite team. and if somebody is playing against my favourite team, fuck them. they're getting booed.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                        Bosh didn't say anything bad about the city and never left on a bad note like Carter. He played out his contract and had every right to go play for another team. I'm not sure where you guys are getting this shit from...
                        Good points. I don't understand all the hate on for Bosh either. He fulfilled his contractual obligations for 7 years and left to get a chance to play with Wade and James. He earned the right to do that. The manner in which he left (e.g. the tweets, the silly comments about Toronto etc.) were all childish and immature. There's no arguing that. However, when you look at Bosh's work over 7 years in Toronto, the good far outweighs the bad. After Carter left in 2004, Bosh was the only reason the Raptors remained relevant throughout the NBA. On most nights, he was the Raptors best player by a country mile and the only reason we stayed in so many games. Off the court, he also did a ton of stuff including a heck of a lot of work for the Boys and Girls Club of Canada. What happened this past summer was nothing more than a 26 year old guy being caught up in the Hollywood hype. I'm sure as he matures, he'll come to realize the errors of his ways. When he comes back on the 16th, I think he should be booed because he is a member of the Heat and we all want the Raptors to win. I don't think he should be booed because of what happened over the last few months of his time in Toronto. Unfortunately, I think the opposite will happen. I don't get Toronto fans sometimes. They can be very negative. It's time to get over Bosh, VC, McGrady and the rest. Stop thinking about the past and start thinking about the present and the future.

Comment

jd4 wrote: View Post
                          When he comes back on the 16th, I think he should be booed because he is a member of the Heat and we all want the Raptors to win.
                          this man gets it. right on.

Comment

im all for booing a guy but....to a certain point.....after 10 years we just look like a jilted ex lover who has never got over a love....
                            T-mac was a douche yes but everytime we boo him it shows him that we still havent got over him.... prob makes him feel bigger then life..... some of these guys are just pure heals & love to be boo'd..it brings the best out of some of these douches...which in turn burns us even more.....the media in this city are the idiots too...they love to stir the pot...make issues were none exsist...they always make things look worse then they are too(kinda like the G20 riots) if ud watched CP24 that day ud have thought it was the Watts riots the way the media was going on) the media are the sheep hurders & the fans are the sheep....just getting herded around were ever there told....I can say for certain that T-mac didnt like the orginization... but he def. liked the city... dude would come home every night they were in the city with a diff. girl.....he was always out partying( more then the Turk) he loved the city too much.......soo much he forgot he was a baller sometimes....(prob was the Kush)
                            Last edited by DoNDaDDa; Fri Dec 24, 2010, 02:36 PM.

Comment

bosh stands for "Big.Overpaid.Stupid.Homo" i dare some1 to make a poster of that when he comes in Februrary
                              NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

e2thed wrote: View Post
                                bosh stands for "Big.Overpaid.Stupid.Homo" i dare some1 to make a poster of that when he comes in Februrary
                                you can make it but they won't let you in with it. Of course you could make a family friendly sign and a sharpie to write out your real feelings on the reverse once in!
                                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X