Triano Coaching Choices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Coaching Choices

My main concern with his coaching is his evaluation of the talent and his ability to put the right combination of talent on the floor. Now from what I been seeing he is putting 4 offensive players on the floor and adding in 1 defensive player and expecting to change the dynamic of the players on the floor. When calderon, kleiza, and bargani are on the floor together it doesn't matter whether you throw julian or davis in there you are not going to get stops constantly. Opposing teams just spread the court and the defensive player he just put in is useless because they can't help ie the new york game. On the reverse side you can have 4 defensive players and 1 offensive player and run a offense ie detroit championship teams with isiah and rip, indiana team with reggie, philly team with iverson, and new york team with allen houston.

Now for 4 mins of tonights game I seen alabi, davis and julian on the floor together, thats 7'5, 7'2 and 7'0 in wingspans. I don't know about anyone else but I want to see defense, let barbosa, weems or bayless run around through 50 million screens and walk in for a open lay up or dunk. the game is too easy triano and his line ups make the game look too hard.

This roster is simply not strong enough. Bayless, Weems, Wright, Davis and Alabi will be outscored as much as most lineups.
    Lineup is young and prone to mistakes and offensively its lacks shooters (among other things...)

Don't mind giving them more burn to get that experience though. Just don't expect much out of them.
    http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
      This roster is simply not strong enough. Bayless, Weems, Wright, Davis and Alabi will be outscored as much as most lineups.
      Lineup is young and prone to mistakes and offensively its lacks shooters (among other things...)

Don't mind giving them more burn to get that experience though. Just don't expect much out of them.

Since when does wingspan equal good defense? I'm still not sold on Alabi and feel he is still really raw.

Comment

dont expect much this year.
        pretty obvious triano is experimenting on lineups and giving the young guys more time to get a feel for the game
        i like what he's doing with alabi, giving him minutes here and there
        but the guys is raw, he looks lost out there most of the time
        but if he does amount to something, the raps could be very very good
        they got every position pretty much filled, all they need it to develop as a team and hopefully develop an aggressive attitude as well.

bayless, derozan, davis, bargs, alabi

Comment

Working...
        X