Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Larry Brown Anyone?

Raptors Republic Rookie Fanchie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Larry Brown Anyone?

So now that he's available and apparently willing to find another team, wouldn't it be our shot at a high profile coach ?
    Last edited by Fanchie; Thu Dec 23rd, 2010 at 06:46 AM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

thats all I want for christmas.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    So now that he's available and apparently willing to find another team, wouldn't it be our shot at a high profile coach ?
    What has he done recently that makes him so valuable? Also why do we need a high profile coach now when the roster isn't ready to compete? What exactly did you expect from this season? I honestly believe that the team is exceeding expectations and Triano deserves the credit for that. I also wouldn't mind seeing him coach the team when the roster is ready to compete because Jay is a guy that was actively recruited by coach K to assist him with team USA.

Post Thanks / Like

Just say no to Larry Brown!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default not so fast

Don't be so quick to toss Larry Brown aside...I mean seriously, you can't have too many high profile assistant coaches on one team!!

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

These cardiac boys will literally give this man a heart attack.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Fanchie wrote: View Post
    Trust me if I am Larry Brown, I would not want to coach here and get insane over the Raptors terrible D. .

Raptors Republic All-Star Employee's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry Brown hates rookies and hates rebuilding. He would not coach here and I don't want him to.
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote smushmush wrote: View Post
    Trust me if I am Larry Brown, I would not want to coach here and get insane over the Raptors terrible D. .
    ya Larry's 70.... he'd prob have a heart attack after the first few games with our D....

id bet hed take a job at ESPN before the Raptors

Post Thanks / Like

what's it gonna change?
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Employee wrote: View Post
    Larry Brown hates rookies and hates rebuilding. He would not coach here and I don't want him to.
    Exactly.

Raptors Republic Veteran Bendit's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

LB is meant for a team that is on the cusp. That we are not.

Post Thanks / Like

there's another coach brown we should hire instead

Raptors Republic Rookie pillowmint's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

abso-notly!

Larry Brown's better days as a coach are far far behind him. He's on the list of people I don't want as our coach so are the following:

1. Leo Rautins
    2. Isaiah Thomas
    3. Scrooge McDuck

Here is a coach I'd love to see return to the NBA:

Rudy Tomjanovich

That's it, that's all...have a good holiday peeps!

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote johnp wrote: View Post
    What has he done recently that makes him so valuable? Also why do we need a high profile coach now when the roster isn't ready to compete? What exactly did you expect from this season? I honestly believe that the team is exceeding expectations and Triano deserves the credit for that. I also wouldn't mind seeing him coach the team when the roster is ready to compete because Jay is a guy that was actively recruited by coach K to assist him with team USA.
    He took over the bobcats last year, made them one of the best defensive teams in the league within 2-3 months, and got them into the playoffs for the first time in their franchise history, thats all he has done recently ...

The only thing that messed him up is MJ letting felton and chandler go for basically nothing in return, otherwise the bobcats would be pretty decent this year too.

Raptors Republic Starter SuperRaptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote johnp wrote: View Post
    PS: when in 6 of the last 7 games the team has played they have allowed more than 60 points in the first half, and have allowed over 60 points in the first half to the detroit pistons (the lowest scoring team in the league two years in a row) two games in a row, the coach is not doing a good job. Defense is all hustle if the coach cant get his team to buy into it, it is a leadership issue all players at the nba level can play defense if they are made to, Triano needs to go and he needs to go bad ...

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Larry Brown won't come to the Raptors, where he will only worsen his reputation. He will join a team which is winning and needs his veteranship and defense.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Considering his interference in personnel decisions in Charlotte, no. If Jordan can't work with Brown given all their history, why would it work out here? Don't need a diva coach.

Post Thanks / Like

Larry Brown would need at least 15 million a season to coach in here. The guy can't perform miracles. The knicks gave him a fat contract years back and he couldn't do anything.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Larry Brown would need at least 15 million a season to coach in here. The guy can't perform miracles. The knicks gave him a fat contract years back and he couldn't do anything.
    lol who could?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information