Thread: Letter to Santa

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Letter to Santa

Dear Santa,

Considering you are from the North Pole and as such are Canadian, you must be a Raptors fan. You even wear their red and white. As you know Santa our team has been ok this season and has thus far surpassed our preseason expectations. You know perfectly well as a Raptor fan that we want more. Here is a short list of the things I would like for you to do for our beloved dinosaurs.

1) Maturity of our younger players - these young kids really want to win. Their youth tends to lead them to make bad decisions such as turnovers or overhandling the ball. I get that once upon a time they were "the man" on their team somewhere and they could beat whoever was guarding them for an easy two points. You know it doesn't work that way at the NBA level and that they have to learn to work as a team. For Christmas I want them to mature in the sense that they realize they can't get the team back into games on their own and that they must run their game plan.

2) Focus/Defense - it seems that the youth on this team keeps them from playing good defense. They come in and out of focus in 48 minutes. Santa I want to see this team play good focussed basketball on both ends of the floor. I know this kind of goes with wish #1 but I believe defensive possessions are so important that it deserves its own wish.

3) Healthy Players - whether the recent losing is from injuries or from the above mentioned wishes or both, I don't know. I would like it to no longer be an excuse. For christmas it would be nice to see our team healthy again after its 5 day break.

4) Development of our younger players or a trade - I would prefer the first but I realize that not all of our youth have great work ethics. Some may ride on their quickness, athleticism and current abilities. Whatever it may be Raptors fans don't like people staying put with their abilities. For Christmas, I would like to see these young players play more consistently (consistently good!) or for Bryan Colangelo to look for a trade while their stock is still relatively high.

5) More wins but still getting good draft position. I don't think this needs more explaining.

There may be more wishes from other Raptors fans, but I believe that we can get these things for Christmas then we won't need much else.

Kind Regards,

albertan_10

Post Thanks / Like

1. danny granger or xavier henry

2. weems to smarten up

3. to play hard but finish low enough that we get a top 3 pick

4. colangelo not to do anything dumb
    Last edited by ceez; Thu Dec 23rd, 2010 at 05:17 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A top 2 pick and no lockout please Santa.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Kyrie Irving, Harrison Barnes, or Perry Jones would be a great Christmas gift for this team.

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    Dear Santa,

Considering you are from the North Pole and as such are Canadian, you must be a Raptors fan. You even wear their red and white. As you know Santa our team has been ok this season and has thus far surpassed our preseason expectations. You know perfectly well as a Raptor fan that we want more. Here is a short list of the things I would like for you to do for our beloved dinosaurs.

1) Maturity of our younger players - these young kids really want to win. Their youth tends to lead them to make bad decisions such as turnovers or overhandling the ball. I get that once upon a time they were "the man" on their team somewhere and they could beat whoever was guarding them for an easy two points. You know it doesn't work that way at the NBA level and that they have to learn to work as a team. For Christmas I want them to mature in the sense that they realize they can't get the team back into games on their own and that they must run their game plan.

2) Focus/Defense - it seems that the youth on this team keeps them from playing good defense. They come in and out of focus in 48 minutes. Santa I want to see this team play good focussed basketball on both ends of the floor. I know this kind of goes with wish #1 but I believe defensive possessions are so important that it deserves its own wish.

3) Healthy Players - whether the recent losing is from injuries or from the above mentioned wishes or both, I don't know. I would like it to no longer be an excuse. For christmas it would be nice to see our team healthy again after its 5 day break.

4) Development of our younger players or a trade - I would prefer the first but I realize that not all of our youth have great work ethics. Some may ride on their quickness, athleticism and current abilities. Whatever it may be Raptors fans don't like people staying put with their abilities. For Christmas, I would like to see these young players play more consistently (consistently good!) or for Bryan Colangelo to look for a trade while their stock is still relatively high.

5) More wins but still getting good draft position. I don't think this needs more explaining.

There may be more wishes from other Raptors fans, but I believe that we can get these things for Christmas then we won't need much else.

Kind Regards,

albertan_10
    LOL....you made me day

Raptors Republic All-Star DoNDaDDa's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

heres my christmas wish list...

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=266ng9p

make it happen santa....im counting on u! LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

Yeah, Griffin leaving Clippers? not happening if you give them the world!

Raptors Republic Rookie dzoni71's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote DoNDaDDa wrote: View Post

Good luck with that one!

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

All I want from Santa is for the Raptors to play hard for 82 games. If they show effort, even if we lose, I'll be a satisfied fan.

Raptors Republic Rookie teoserio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Let's go Raptors!

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    All I want from Santa is for the Raptors to play hard for 82 games. If they show effort, even if we lose, I'll be a satisfied fan.
    Santa isn't that powerful

Thread Information