Thread: Memphis Toronto (Gasol, OJ Mayo, Allen for Calderon, Alibi, Weems and picks)

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Memphis Toronto (Gasol, OJ Mayo, Allen for Calderon, Alibi, Weems and picks)

Ok first of all I wanna say Matt puts some excellently thought trades out there and I liked the recent proposed Peja trade. Secondly, the last trade I put out there was similar to the Peja to toronto trade that happened. Here is my next potential blockbuster.

Toronto gets Marc Gasol (Last yr 3.5 mil), OJ Mayo (2 yrs 4.5 mil), Tony Allen (3yrs 3 mil)=11million

Memphis gets Calderon (3yr 9 mil), Alibi (2 yrs .6mil) Sonny Weems (1 yr .8 mil)=10.5 mil
    +Miami 1st round pick and Toronto's 2nd round pick.

I think this trade or a variation of it will go down.

Marc Gasol is gonna be a free agent at the end of the year and Memphis doesn't wanna pay him what he's worth. He's definately gonna sign a high offer with another team that memphis doesn't wanna match. OJ Mayo is expendable and is not happy coming off the bench. Tony Allen is a good defensive guard and a reasonable salary. This is about the draft picks for Memphis, a young center under contract for a few years, a reliable backup point guard that can help this young team grow. All things Memphis would want. Honestly who wants to play in Memphis? So Calderon's 3 yrs is a blessing for this team cause he can't leave and is a professional

Toronto needs a quality 2 way center badly. Bargniani's been really inconsistant. They need another big man that can score and play defence. Gasol is their guy. Sorry Amir you need to stay in the game much longer on a consistant basis. OJ Mayo oozes of potential, the guy can score. Tony Allen can be that defensive stopper that the raptors need and can score as well (sorry Wright your offence is weak).
    I would still seriously consider this trade if De Rosan or Davis was involved because Gasol is the guy we want.

Raptors Republic Rookie northgrantballer's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Love it, Memhpis wouldn't though. Why would they trade their ENTIRE core

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe memphis should include Rudy Gay while they're at it. They're already giving away their core. They can take back Peja's expiring, right?

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote northgrantballer wrote: View Post
    Love it, Memhpis wouldn't though. Why would they trade their ENTIRE core
    Because it hasn't gotten them anywhere. Mayo is no longer a part of the teams plans and Rudy Gay isn't in there.

Raptors Republic Starter draftedraptor's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Macc wrote: View Post
    Because it hasn't gotten them anywhere. Mayo is no longer a part of the teams plans and Rudy Gay isn't in there.
    check out the minutes these two put up. they don't have any replacements on the roster for them right now. Why would they trade them without any ready replacement when raptors don't have anything to offer?

Thread Information