Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
Results 101 to 106 of 106

Thread: The myopia of Toronto Raptor fans- Starting 5 grades compared to the NBA/ Projection

  1. #101
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    18,997
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    i hope you invest in learning how to use periods.
    That is good advice. A little off topic and totally irrelevant but good advice nonetheless.

    Happy Holidays.

  2. #102
    Raptors Republic Rookie Thom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Posts
    50
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Copywryter wrote: View Post
    Numbers don't mean anything. Have you compared Bargs' minutes to his numbers from year to year? Have you noticed any shooting consistency or consistent defensive effort? Have you noticed DeRozan can't go to his left, has a weak handle and is a shooting guard that can neither guard nor shoot?

    This isn't a clueless fan of basketball, he's a realist who watches other teams and is tired of hearing about how much ceiling and potential our players have.
    I completely agree numbers don't mean everything, but I simply named off some areas that some players have been improving their games in and I think that shouldn't be discredited. Obviously there is tons of room for all of our players to grow, but I have seen consistent improvement in Bargnani's offensive game from year to year. Of course he NEEDS to improve his help defense and awareness. I think DeMar has been improving as well in certain areas like getting to the line and hitting open jumpers, but yeah, he has a long way to go with his handle, defense, decision making, passing, etc. I could go on. My point is there are certain players on this team who are working to improve their games and that shouldn't be discredited.

    As far as a ceiling for these players, not once did I say they are going to be all-stars. Never. I'm not one of those Raptors fans who think this team is the shit and never have I bought into the Young Gunz baloney, but for some reason three different people have replied to me like I think this group of players will somehow be a great team someday. Change needs to come. Barg's would be a great third option with a great true center. Doubt he'll be an all-star. Unless DeRozan becomes a good on-ball defender he'll never have a chance to start on a good team. Johnson is definitely developing into a great big man to have coming off the bench. Weems I have little to no faith in. Davis I think will someday be a great starter in this league and if I HAD to put money on one player becoming an all-star on this team it would be him.

    Finally, the poster I replied to was blatantly being a smartass to another poster who at least explained what his thinking was, regardless of right or wrong. It's kind of sad to see someone just be a prick like that instead of maybe trying to show the other side of the story and maybe give some good insight. Someone who would flat out deny any improvement at all for some of these players is not a realist, but hey, I guess were all entitled to our opinions no matter how nonsensical they may seem.
    Last edited by Thom; Wed Dec 29th, 2010 at 12:31 AM.

  3. #103
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    so this is getting very boring, but just a quick question:

    you said bargs was better than kg offensively, and asked me to cite something to prove you wrong...

    i cited stats, and you called me an a**hat (w/e that is), because what you meant was bargs is better than kg aesthetically...

    so you like the way bargs' offense looks compared to kg, which i think we will both agree that aesthetics are opinion ? right ?

    a fundamental player mite think tim duncan's offense is aesthetically better looking...

    so what could i have possibly cited in this situation ?

    to me, this is like askng someone what their favorite color is... and they say red... and then you say NO, BLUE, BLUE is better !! prove me wrong !! cite something to prove me wrong...
    Boring is a good word for this. As I said in my last post because Garnett has become king hi douche since he won the championship I have biases against him. And here is the difference for me...I think Bargnani is a more talented offensive player but I think KG is a better offensive player. In pure fundamental workhorse offense KG is better, but when it comes to doing something special and unique with the ball that's what Bargnani offers.

    And as I said I would rather have the ball in Bargs hands with two seconds left.

    And let's stay on point are we arguing about Bargs and KG or on how we should argue about them, because that's kind of how women argue and seriously I have enough of that at home, so...
    Last edited by Gman; Wed Dec 29th, 2010 at 08:32 AM.

  4. #104
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    this has nothing to do with the raps so i'll make this quick...

    you dont have to smoke weed to benefit from it being legalized.

    if it was legalized, we could eliminate a major source of income for drug dealers and gangs, which would reduce their ability to engage in other criminal acts.

    you would have less innocent civilians being killed because of drug wars.

    less of our brothers and sisters would be put in jail just for getting high..

    terminally ill people with very painful symptoms would have an option if they wanted to smoke a spliff instead of buying prescription medication which usually have severe side effects...

    and finally, just like liquor and tobacco which is a huge source of income for the government, we could tax it, and use that money to build more community centres, schools, basketball courts, parks, and other places where people of all ages could go to further their skills and talents and have fun...

    if you think that by criminalizing it, you are preventing people from smoking, then look around cuz it's really easy to get anyway...

    just a thought, i could be wrong...
    That sounds like post rationalized posing but hey whatever helps you sleep at night.

  5. #105
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    it's about time i came clean with y'all... i've been a poser this whole time... i pains me to admit it, but i can no longer keep living this lie..

    i hate ketchup.

    love me some ganj though
    I knew it!!!! Now you should give us all a post about the societal benefits of Ketchup and how eventually world peace will be predicated on it. (but just a hint, try not to sound pretentious like Legalize It did)

  6. #106
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    279
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    this has nothing to do with the raps so i'll make this quick...

    you dont have to smoke weed to benefit from it being legalized.

    if it was legalized, we could eliminate a major source of income for drug dealers and gangs, which would reduce their ability to engage in other criminal acts.

    you would have less innocent civilians being killed because of drug wars.

    less of our brothers and sisters would be put in jail just for getting high..

    terminally ill people with very painful symptoms would have an option if they wanted to smoke a spliff instead of buying prescription medication which usually have severe side effects...

    and finally, just like liquor and tobacco which is a huge source of income for the government, we could tax it, and use that money to build more community centres, schools, basketball courts, parks, and other places where people of all ages could go to further their skills and talents and have fun...

    if you think that by criminalizing it, you are preventing people from smoking, then look around cuz it's really easy to get anyway...

    just a thought, i could be wrong...
    And don't try to subtly place me on the other side of this argument. Again you have simply written everything that every body knows about the Marijuana trade. I'm an enormous advocate for the legalization of marijuana.

    You're the first person I've met who is openly and adamantly political about this plant without having smoked it. And you're doing it on a Basketball website where it would have a certain amount of cache. I smell POSER but I'll let you off on one condition. Next time we have a difference of opinion please don't read to me from your cue card of facts that everybody knows. It makes you look young and stupid...as if you're unaware of the level of popular knowledge out there.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •