Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: KLove better 3Pt shooter then Bargs?!

Post Thanks / Like

Default KLove better 3Pt shooter then Bargs?!

Kevin Love 3pt attempts-makes (40-92) vs. Andrea Bargnani (32-90) on the season.

Now I am FIRM believer that Bargnani is one of the premier shooters in the league, but this stat is a little disheartening. For a 7 footer that is supposed to be a capable, if not deadly 3pt shooter, this is no good.

His long range shot is supposed to be the only reason we don't care he can't rebound!
    Klove grabs 15 a game... ugh.
    Still love Bargs though.

Post Thanks / Like

Kevin love is barney with more rebounding and hustle, pretty much the combination of Reggie and Barney.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I don't think that really matters. Bargnani is still an excellent mid range shooter and he's getting inside more. He's still a good 3 point shooter for his size. Plus there's a lot of the season left.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Kevin Love 3pt attempts-makes (40-92) vs. Andrea Bargnani (32-90) on the season.

Now I am FIRM believer that Bargnani is one of the premier shooters in the league, but this stat is a little disheartening. For a 7 footer that is supposed to be a capable, if not deadly 3pt shooter, this is no good.

His long range shot is supposed to be the only reason we don't care he can't rebound!
    Still love Bargs though.
    But both are terrible defenders. K. Love is just a rebounding Bargs.

Raptors Republic All-Star RaptorsFan4Life's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs is just having a rough season from the 3 point line. I don't think he's really focusing on it too much because everyone is always telling him to attack.

Raptors Republic Starter blaze89's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Still love Bargs though.

ummmm lets see here let me get this straight, so you think shooting 35% from the arc for a 7 footer is no good? tell me what league are u watching because those shooters must not miss then......

and i dont think ANYBODY in this forum is ok with bargs lack of rebounding and tell me why the hell are you comparing kevin love to Bargnani? both have similarities but are DIFFERENT players all together. what just because they are both good shooters and horrible at defence that theyre the same? andrea can beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim which love couldnt do even if he had megan fox cheering for his ass. love can post up, bargs isnt that good at it at all, love cant pull up and shoot at all he has to be standing still or wide open meanwhile bargs can use his speed and pull up from about anywhere on the floor with ease..........

i can go on and on with this all day if i want the point is i dont see the point youre trying to make because nothing you said adds up at all its just pointless.

Raptors Republic Rookie pistol pete's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

It's a completely different 3pt shooting. I've seen Minnesota in New York (30 plus points and 15 boards), and Love either shoots long range, or works in post ups. He doesn't dribble, he has no mid range pull up shoot, nor does he try to do that. Bargnani 3p shoot is a weapon in a much different arsenal, as we all know. So, I agree with blaze89. That said, I think that there's no denying that Love is a pretty good player.

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Kevin Love mostly gets his threes off open shots or when he gets streaky. He's quite inconsistent, but I'd love to have Love, although his defense is just as terrible as Bargnani's...

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, blaze, you need to relax. I think it's a fair comparison, as they are both young big-men on developing teams. Obviously they're games are different, and I never once slagged Bargs, or said Love was a better player. I'm a fan and supporter.
    I was simply stating, with empiracle evidence, that Bargnani is having an off year from 3. And yes, 35% from 3 is not spectacular, especially when his career average is 38% and he's capable of shooting 40%+. I personally think Bargnani is a better all around player then Love, but for you to state this comparison makes no sense and is pointless, is ridiculous.

Especially when they've taken almost identical amount of 3pt shots, and one is a stated 'finesse, shooting big-man' and one is a 'big-body, banger big-man'. Comparison is valid.

Post Thanks / Like

Ok, blaze, you need to relax. I think it's a fair comparison, as they are both young big-men on developing teams. Obviously they're games are different, and I never once slagged Bargs, or said Love was a better player. I'm a fan and supporter.
    I was simply stating, with empiracle evidence, that Bargnani is having an off year from 3. And yes, 35% from 3 is not spectacular, especially when his career average is 38% and he's capable of shooting 40%+. I personally think Bargnani is a better all around player then Love, but for you to state this comparison makes no sense and is pointless, is ridiculous.

Especially when they've taken almost identical amount of 3pt shots, and one is a stated 'finesse, shooting big-man' and one is a 'big-body, banger big-man'. Comparison is valid.
    im completely relaxed brotha you just need to stop being so sensitive, if u cant take the criticism dont make the thread thats all lol didnt expect you to take it personally these forums are meant for opinions and sometimes you might not like the opinions but doesnt mean its a personal attack on you remember that. wow lol.

and like i said, there are deffinately similarities between the two but you are looking WAY TOO MUCH into it thats all. too me they are totally different types of players with different skills where i think bargs is more suited for the 4 and love is more suited for the 5. and you stated that 35% for bargs is "no good" you even said that so im telling you that its actually a pretty good percentage, maybe not the best of his career but still good nonetheless for a 7 footer.

no offence on you at all just didnt see the validity of your point cuz to me one of them is an apple the other is an orange.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Still love Bargs though.
    Quote blaze89 wrote: View Post
    ummmm lets see here let me get this straight, so you think shooting 35% from the arc for a 7 footer is no good? tell me what league are u watching because those shooters must not miss then......

and i dont think ANYBODY in this forum is ok with bargs lack of rebounding and tell me why the hell are you comparing kevin love to Bargnani? both have similarities but are DIFFERENT players all together. what just because they are both good shooters and horrible at defence that theyre the same? andrea can beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim which love couldnt do even if he had megan fox cheering for his ass. love can post up, bargs isnt that good at it at all, love cant pull up and shoot at all he has to be standing still or wide open meanwhile bargs can use his speed and pull up from about anywhere on the floor with ease..........

i can go on and on with this all day if i want the point is i dont see the point youre trying to make because nothing you said adds up at all its just pointless.
    Ok, blaze, you need to relax. I think it's a fair comparison, as they are both young big-men on developing teams. Obviously they're games are different, and I never once slagged Bargs, or said Love was a better player. I'm a fan and supporter. I was simply stating, with empiracle evidence, that Bargnani is having an off year from 3. And yes, 35% from 3 is not spectacular, especially when his career average is 38% and he's capable of shooting 40%+. I personally think Bargnani is a better all around player then Love, but for you to state this comparison makes no sense and is pointless, is ridiculous.

im completely relaxed brotha you just need to stop being so sensitive, if u cant take the criticism dont make the thread thats all lol didnt expect you to take it personally these forums are meant for opinions and sometimes you might not like the opinions but doesnt mean its a personal attack on you remember that. wow lol.
    and like i said, there are deffinately similarities between the two but you are looking WAY TOO MUCH into it thats all. too me they are totally different types of players with different skills where i think bargs is more suited for the 4 and love is more suited for the 5. and you stated that 35% for bargs is "no good" you even said that so im telling you that its actually a pretty good percentage, maybe not the best of his career but still good nonetheless for a 7 footer.

no offence on you at all just didnt see the validity of your point cuz to me one of them is an apple the other is an orange.
    blaze, who is the one who cant handle someone having a different opinion than their own ??

the comparison while very obvious, is that both are bigs that can shoot the 3...

not sure why you think this was not a valid comparison ?

we're not comparing adam morrison to dikembe mutombo here...

classic example of delusional raps fan here who attacks others with insults and then tells them to tolerate differing opinions.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    blaze, who is the one who cant handle someone having a different opinion than their own ??

the comparison while very obvious, is that both are bigs that can shoot the 3...

not sure why you think this was not a valid comparison ?

we're not comparing adam morrison to dikembe mutombo here...

classic example of delusional raps fan here who attacks others with insults and then tells them to tolerate differing opinions.
    Wow, pretentious and hypocritical. Isn't calling people delusional an insult? And the irony which I hope isn't lost on anybody is you're accusing somebody else of being hypocritical. Nicely done...magical actually.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    Wow, pretentious and hypocritical. Isn't calling people delusional an insult? And the irony which I hope isn't lost on anybody is you're accusing somebody else of being hypocritical. Nicely done...magical actually.
    yea exactly, when you say bargs is better than kg in anything, YOU ARE D E L U S I O N A L !!

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Legalize-It wrote: View Post
    yea exactly, when you say bargs is better than kg in anything, YOU ARE D E L U S I O N A L !!

Wow, that has nothing to do with this thread but I guess looking like an A** is a full time job. You said he was delusional that's an insult and then you accused him of being petty by insulting somebody else...are you following...I'm trying to break it down so somebody of even your limited intellectual capacity can thread the needle. That makes you Pretentious and Hypocritical.

And as I said, in the dying seconds of a game I would rather have Bargs with the ball than KG. In the here and now. Old KG, young Bargs. That's my opinion. And I allow you to have yours.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Gman wrote: View Post
    Wow, that has nothing to do with this thread but I guess looking like an A** is a full time job. You said he was delusional that's an insult and then you accused him of being petty by insulting somebody else...are you following...I'm trying to break it down so somebody of even your limited intellectual capacity can thread the needle. That makes you Pretentious and Hypocritical.

And as I said, in the dying seconds of a game I would rather have Bargs with the ball than KG. In the here and now. Old KG, young Bargs. That's my opinion. And I allow you to have yours.
    buddy kg is getting 16 n 10 and he's not the 1st or 2nd option on a championship team, where every possession means something...

he's also shooting 55%

your original comment was bargs is better than kg offensively...

offense is not just shooting the ball.

and even if it was, i think still to this day, kg could get 20 n 10 if he was playing on a lottery team

Post Thanks / Like

i think g-man proved my point legalize it, dont make a comment about being insulting and hypocritical when you are actually the person doing it good job buddy!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

i think g-man proved my point legalize it, dont make a comment about being insulting and hypocritical when you are actually the person doing it good job buddy!
    way to not pick the easy way out

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Gman, don't bother discussing or anything with Legalize-it. Doesn't work

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JoePanini wrote: View Post
    Gman, don't bother discussing or anything with Legalize-it. Doesn't work
    umm maybe proof read your post before you reply ? just a suggestion...

btw have you seen francisco garcia play this season ? yea you still hope the raps trade for him ? yea didnt think so !

Post Thanks / Like

hahah Ok, this got a little off track.
    Lets try and bring it back. Legalize nailed it. I don't wish to start any attacks on anybody, but its true, Big guys who can shoot are absolutely fair game for comparison. And that's all it was.
    I didn't take anything personally, but I appreciate you clarifying.
    I was absolutely ready for any arguments what would come of this thread and was simply rebutting your point, by stating that I do understand what you are saying, they are different players, buut the comparison IS valid.
    Bargnani is VERY special player and I would not trade him for KLove. I wouldn't. I still believe that with the proper work ethic and motivation, he will be an All-Star. He's got a bit more then Dirk in terms of Athleticism, but I DO NOT believe that 35% is the best we can get from him. Sure its not 30%, but its not 40% either. And we KNOW that he can shoot at that clip while hoisting a fair number of them on the season. This was my point. I KNOW he's a better 3pt shooter then KLove, but the stats are trying to prove me wrong.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information