KLove better 3Pt shooter then Bargs?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KLove better 3Pt shooter then Bargs?!

Kevin Love 3pt attempts-makes (40-92) vs. Andrea Bargnani (32-90) on the season.

Now I am FIRM believer that Bargnani is one of the premier shooters in the league, but this stat is a little disheartening. For a 7 footer that is supposed to be a capable, if not deadly 3pt shooter, this is no good.

His long range shot is supposed to be the only reason we don't care he can't rebound!
    Klove grabs 15 a game... ugh.
    Still love Bargs though.

Kevin love is barney with more rebounding and hustle, pretty much the combination of Reggie and Barney.

Comment

I don't think that really matters. Bargnani is still an excellent mid range shooter and he's getting inside more. He's still a good 3 point shooter for his size. Plus there's a lot of the season left.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Kevin Love 3pt attempts-makes (40-92) vs. Andrea Bargnani (32-90) on the season.

Now I am FIRM believer that Bargnani is one of the premier shooters in the league, but this stat is a little disheartening. For a 7 footer that is supposed to be a capable, if not deadly 3pt shooter, this is no good.

His long range shot is supposed to be the only reason we don't care he can't rebound!
        Still love Bargs though.
        But both are terrible defenders. K. Love is just a rebounding Bargs.

Comment

Bargs is just having a rough season from the 3 point line. I don't think he's really focusing on it too much because everyone is always telling him to attack.

Comment

Still love Bargs though.

ummmm lets see here let me get this straight, so you think shooting 35% from the arc for a 7 footer is no good? tell me what league are u watching because those shooters must not miss then......

and i dont think ANYBODY in this forum is ok with bargs lack of rebounding and tell me why the hell are you comparing kevin love to Bargnani? both have similarities but are DIFFERENT players all together. what just because they are both good shooters and horrible at defence that theyre the same? andrea can beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim which love couldnt do even if he had megan fox cheering for his ass. love can post up, bargs isnt that good at it at all, love cant pull up and shoot at all he has to be standing still or wide open meanwhile bargs can use his speed and pull up from about anywhere on the floor with ease..........

i can go on and on with this all day if i want the point is i dont see the point youre trying to make because nothing you said adds up at all its just pointless.

Comment

It's a completely different 3pt shooting. I've seen Minnesota in New York (30 plus points and 15 boards), and Love either shoots long range, or works in post ups. He doesn't dribble, he has no mid range pull up shoot, nor does he try to do that. Bargnani 3p shoot is a weapon in a much different arsenal, as we all know. So, I agree with blaze89. That said, I think that there's no denying that Love is a pretty good player.

Comment

Kevin Love mostly gets his threes off open shots or when he gets streaky. He's quite inconsistent, but I'd love to have Love, although his defense is just as terrible as Bargnani's...

Comment

Ok, blaze, you need to relax. I think it's a fair comparison, as they are both young big-men on developing teams. Obviously they're games are different, and I never once slagged Bargs, or said Love was a better player. I'm a fan and supporter.
                  I was simply stating, with empiracle evidence, that Bargnani is having an off year from 3. And yes, 35% from 3 is not spectacular, especially when his career average is 38% and he's capable of shooting 40%+. I personally think Bargnani is a better all around player then Love, but for you to state this comparison makes no sense and is pointless, is ridiculous.

Especially when they've taken almost identical amount of 3pt shots, and one is a stated 'finesse, shooting big-man' and one is a 'big-body, banger big-man'. Comparison is valid.

Comment

Ok, blaze, you need to relax. I think it's a fair comparison, as they are both young big-men on developing teams. Obviously they're games are different, and I never once slagged Bargs, or said Love was a better player. I'm a fan and supporter.
                    I was simply stating, with empiracle evidence, that Bargnani is having an off year from 3. And yes, 35% from 3 is not spectacular, especially when his career average is 38% and he's capable of shooting 40%+. I personally think Bargnani is a better all around player then Love, but for you to state this comparison makes no sense and is pointless, is ridiculous.

Especially when they've taken almost identical amount of 3pt shots, and one is a stated 'finesse, shooting big-man' and one is a 'big-body, banger big-man'. Comparison is valid.
                    im completely relaxed brotha you just need to stop being so sensitive, if u cant take the criticism dont make the thread thats all lol didnt expect you to take it personally these forums are meant for opinions and sometimes you might not like the opinions but doesnt mean its a personal attack on you remember that. wow lol.

and like i said, there are deffinately similarities between the two but you are looking WAY TOO MUCH into it thats all. too me they are totally different types of players with different skills where i think bargs is more suited for the 4 and love is more suited for the 5. and you stated that 35% for bargs is "no good" you even said that so im telling you that its actually a pretty good percentage, maybe not the best of his career but still good nonetheless for a 7 footer.

no offence on you at all just didnt see the validity of your point cuz to me one of them is an apple the other is an orange.

Comment

Still love Bargs though.
                      blaze89 wrote: View Post
                      ummmm lets see here let me get this straight, so you think shooting 35% from the arc for a 7 footer is no good? tell me what league are u watching because those shooters must not miss then......

and i dont think ANYBODY in this forum is ok with bargs lack of rebounding and tell me why the hell are you comparing kevin love to Bargnani? both have similarities but are DIFFERENT players all together. what just because they are both good shooters and horrible at defence that theyre the same? andrea can beat his man off the dribble and attack the rim which love couldnt do even if he had megan fox cheering for his ass. love can post up, bargs isnt that good at it at all, love cant pull up and shoot at all he has to be standing still or wide open meanwhile bargs can use his speed and pull up from about anywhere on the floor with ease..........

i can go on and on with this all day if i want the point is i dont see the point youre trying to make because nothing you said adds up at all its just pointless.
                      Ok, blaze, you need to relax. I think it's a fair comparison, as they are both young big-men on developing teams. Obviously they're games are different, and I never once slagged Bargs, or said Love was a better player. I'm a fan and supporter. I was simply stating, with empiracle evidence, that Bargnani is having an off year from 3. And yes, 35% from 3 is not spectacular, especially when his career average is 38% and he's capable of shooting 40%+. I personally think Bargnani is a better all around player then Love, but for you to state this comparison makes no sense and is pointless, is ridiculous.

blaze89 wrote: View Post
                      im completely relaxed brotha you just need to stop being so sensitive, if u cant take the criticism dont make the thread thats all lol didnt expect you to take it personally these forums are meant for opinions and sometimes you might not like the opinions but doesnt mean its a personal attack on you remember that. wow lol.
                      and like i said, there are deffinately similarities between the two but you are looking WAY TOO MUCH into it thats all. too me they are totally different types of players with different skills where i think bargs is more suited for the 4 and love is more suited for the 5. and you stated that 35% for bargs is "no good" you even said that so im telling you that its actually a pretty good percentage, maybe not the best of his career but still good nonetheless for a 7 footer.

no offence on you at all just didnt see the validity of your point cuz to me one of them is an apple the other is an orange.
                      blaze, who is the one who cant handle someone having a different opinion than their own ??

the comparison while very obvious, is that both are bigs that can shoot the 3...

not sure why you think this was not a valid comparison ?

we're not comparing adam morrison to dikembe mutombo here...

classic example of delusional raps fan here who attacks others with insults and then tells them to tolerate differing opinions.

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                        blaze, who is the one who cant handle someone having a different opinion than their own ??

the comparison while very obvious, is that both are bigs that can shoot the 3...

not sure why you think this was not a valid comparison ?

we're not comparing adam morrison to dikembe mutombo here...

classic example of delusional raps fan here who attacks others with insults and then tells them to tolerate differing opinions.
                        Wow, pretentious and hypocritical. Isn't calling people delusional an insult? And the irony which I hope isn't lost on anybody is you're accusing somebody else of being hypocritical. Nicely done...magical actually.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                          Wow, pretentious and hypocritical. Isn't calling people delusional an insult? And the irony which I hope isn't lost on anybody is you're accusing somebody else of being hypocritical. Nicely done...magical actually.
                          yea exactly, when you say bargs is better than kg in anything, YOU ARE D E L U S I O N A L !!

Comment

Legalize-It wrote: View Post
                            yea exactly, when you say bargs is better than kg in anything, YOU ARE D E L U S I O N A L !!

Wow, that has nothing to do with this thread but I guess looking like an A** is a full time job. You said he was delusional that's an insult and then you accused him of being petty by insulting somebody else...are you following...I'm trying to break it down so somebody of even your limited intellectual capacity can thread the needle. That makes you Pretentious and Hypocritical.

And as I said, in the dying seconds of a game I would rather have Bargs with the ball than KG. In the here and now. Old KG, young Bargs. That's my opinion. And I allow you to have yours.

Comment

Gman wrote: View Post
                              Wow, that has nothing to do with this thread but I guess looking like an A** is a full time job. You said he was delusional that's an insult and then you accused him of being petty by insulting somebody else...are you following...I'm trying to break it down so somebody of even your limited intellectual capacity can thread the needle. That makes you Pretentious and Hypocritical.

And as I said, in the dying seconds of a game I would rather have Bargs with the ball than KG. In the here and now. Old KG, young Bargs. That's my opinion. And I allow you to have yours.
                              buddy kg is getting 16 n 10 and he's not the 1st or 2nd option on a championship team, where every possession means something...

he's also shooting 55%

your original comment was bargs is better than kg offensively...

offense is not just shooting the ball.

and even if it was, i think still to this day, kg could get 20 n 10 if he was playing on a lottery team

Comment

Working...
                              X