Thread: Shot Doctor Dave Hopla Working with Belinelli

Hybrid View

Administrator Dr. James Naismith's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Shot Doctor Dave Hopla Working with Belinelli

Thank god. If I have to watch another rushed, awkward, ill-advised shot from Marco I'll snap. Its back to basics. Square yourself to the damn hoop Marco.

Marco Belinelli spent a little extra time Monday after practice working with shooting consultant Dave Hopla, who is with the team for a couple of days. Belinelli has suffered through an extended shooting slump and hopes Hopla can get him back on track. "He's a good guy, everybody talks about him real well and he's an incredible shooting teacher. ... It's better for us to have a guy like that who can help," Belinelli said. "It's good to stay with him and practise with him. Maybe he sees my feet are like this (showing a pigeon-toed stance) or my balance is off. It's good."
    Source - Click here

Post Thanks / Like

During his drought he is just jacking up shots, hopefully this will make him end his slump :yeah:
    Last name ever, first name greatest

Raptors Republic Starter James Ballswin (Realizar)'s Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

This is good news! (I just signed Belli to my fantasy team this morning)

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Belinelli is a streaky jump shooter because he has bad practice habits and an awful shot selection. His problems are all mental -- work ethic (lack thereof) and decision making.

Maturity is what Belinelli needs ... not a shooting coach. Doubt Hopla will be anything other than a band aid for Marco.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
    Thank god. If I have to watch another rushed, awkward, ill-advised shot from Marco I'll snap. Its back to basics. Square yourself to the damn hoop Marco.
    +1
    It is frustrating as hell watching Belli jack up those fugly and ill advised shots. With all the hype surrounding this guy and BC proclaiming Belli to be a 6th man candidate (yet another foot in the mouth from BC) I really expected more/better production outta him. Hopefully Hopla can help Belli out. More importantly, I'd like to see Belli pick up his D, especially cuz his shot is not fallin. I just hope Belli doesn't turn out to be another Vujacic-a supposed lights out shooter in practice but a complete bust in games.

Thread Information