Clear All

• Tor-wsh-mem

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2djch2m

This trade comes from rumours read:

Source: Grizzlies Shopping Zach Randolph? from HoopsWorld
    Blatche rumours were present a couple of days ago
    Peja is not staying long term in TOR
    WSH has an abundance of SF's

MEM: gets a young player in Blatche to fill in the PF role. Randolph is expecting Pau Gasol money, not going to happen in MEM with Gay and Conley on board and Gasol waiting to be resigned. Moving Mayo also saves money. They get Thorton back at SF as MEM has little depth behind Gay there. TOR throws in some cash as Peja probably gets bought out unless MEM makes a run at the playoffs that Heisley promised the fans. It would appear chemistry appears to be the problem in MEM this year with Z-Bo feeling unappreciated with no contract extension.

WSH: loses Blatche's contract, gains a 20/10 guy who is expiring, can absorb the extra salary this year as they are well under luxury tax. WSH has 3 C's currently besides McGee. Throw MIA first round pick to WSH from TOR as well.

TOR: After Jan. 20 Peja can be traded with others at which time the Raps throw in DD or Weems to WSH as they have nothing at SG after Young and (arguably) Hinrich (more of a PG). TOR does make out like bandits here, IMO, and this is probably unrealistic but the needs of the other 2 teams are met, IMO. McGee gives Raps a true C. Mayo provides another real offensive threat and step up over DD. Yi is only a throw in to make numbers match up. TOR uses their draft pick for a wing/SF.

TOR has about $51M tied up in following roster for next year:

PG: Calderon, Bayless
    SG: Mayo, Barbosa
    SF: Kleiza
    PF: Bargnani, Davis
    C: McGee, Johnson, Alabi

Here is another way to make it work:

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=28yfxtx

Other pieces would need to be involved though to have less than 15 players on each roster and more than 13. But that is the jist of it. Essentially DD or WEems goes to WSH.

Washington gives up 3 of their future players for Randolph? Blatche puts up Randolph numbers as it is.. I don't think that trade works for Washington at all. The other teams maybe.

Comment

I like this trade very much, only thing I would say is that McGee wouldn't start, and Bargnani would be the center.

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
        Washington gives up 3 of their future players for Randolph? Blatche puts up Randolph numbers as it is.. I don't think that trade works for Washington at all. The other teams maybe.
        Randolph is 10 times the player Blatche is. Blatche seems uninterested and lost when he plays. Randolph is a great rebounder, post presence and offensive threat. He will get you loads of rebounds and second chances and has very nice post moves. And now that he has his head straight and stopped chucking 3s, he is a very valuable player. Blatche is nothing compared to him.

Comment

Akinyele wrote: View Post
          Blatche has been a major disappointment since his extension. There are rumours WSH is looking to move him. Randolph puts up 18 points and over 12 rebounds a game on 48% shooting. Blatche does under 17 and under 8 rebs on 43% shooting. Depending on how Randolph works in WSH, he might be a long term option for WSH as they would have his Bird's rights (assuming that is something kept in the next CBA). WSH would also only have $38M on the books for next season versus $46 right now.

I'm not sure who the 3 future guys are: Blatche and McGee are obvious despite concerns/articles/rumours out of WSH to the contrary. Yi is pretty much putting up career worsts in everything this year (except FG% which is still dreadful at 40% and blocks) and only 19mins per game - I don't think he is in the future plans. Statistically, Thorton is also having the worst year of his career. He was a senior coming out of college and is now in his 4th year, 27 years old and still struggling with consistency. He is starting on a bad team and averaging 9.3 points a game. I think he is playing his way out of the NBA or setting himself up for minimum contracts at the end of a bench - all my opinion there. Also keep in mind for all McGee's abilities and potential, he is still only putting up 9 points and 8 boards a game with over 2 blocks - good production for sure but MOST teams are looking for more out of their starting C - the Raps would be one of the teams not looking for as much on the offensive end.

I'm also not sure you read all the explanation or if I made clear enough after Jan. 20 Peja can be traded with other Raptors players. I most definitely see WSH getting one of DeRozan or Weems. I also suggested they would get MIA"s draft pick.

For MEM the deal is all about getting financial flexibility without having to go back to a total rebuild while paying Gay max money.

No worries if still in disagreement, I just wanted to clarify.

Comment

Well they made a trade to acquire Al Thornton, Blatche was supposed to be the big man in Washington, despite the rumors Washington would be extremely stupid to trade them unless they got offered an amazing deal

Comment

Working...
            X