Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: It doesn't look good for the next 2 weeks, will Triano job be in jeopardy

Post Thanks / Like

Triano's job is safe. You can't fire a coach in a rebuilding year for anything other than lack of effort, and that's not a problem with this team.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Forge wrote: View Post
    I concur fully with MangoKid. When the Chandler trade fell thru, that was BC's final push to make this team a playoff contender and that fully signalled this season was gonna be about rebuild.

Jay Triano's main job this season is to teach this young roster how to play and how to be professionals. Winning occassionally is a bonus. Firing JT will serve no purpose as the new coach coming in will have the same issues with this roster. This roster is made up of players that would be 2nd or third string players on playoff teams so try not to be dellusional into thinking a new coach would make this team a playoff team.

The fact that this team is only 11-20 and has managed to beat some top teams is a testament to JT's coaching abilities, especially coaching one of the youngest teams in the league.
    Here is a different opinion from the Picket Fence

Winning The Right Way

Posted on December 29, 2010

A quick look at Amirís stats wonít impress, but if anyone who has had back spasms can tell you, going out and playing the way he did, and playing a game and season high 42 minutes, is truly impressive. The guy hustled, defended and did everything he needed to do for the Raptors to win. Itís games like this that highlight why I believe that Amir is the most important player on the Raptors, and the only player on the roster, currently, who I can see starting on a Championship team. More on that in a future post.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Arsenalist wrote: View Post
    Triano's job is safe. You can't fire a coach in a rebuilding year for anything other than lack of effort, and that's not a problem with this team.
    +1
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

ďAs a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to winĒ
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Thread Information