• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It just said Flynn would play behind Jose. Not Jose to TWolves. *sigh*
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
      There is noway you can get Flynn by just giving them Evans and Miami's draft pick. Wolfs would want alot more than that.
      They might ask for our First Round Pick instead of Miami or Bayless as well.

I say lets give them Miami's pick, Evans, Bayless and Amir Johnson and Buddah Fan
      Flynn isn't worth our own pick. There's a reason why they're shopping a young PG. You might as well lowball them, with an expiring and a first rounder - which in essence, isn't that bad of an offer. It's not quality, but it's not horrendous. I wouldn't give them Bayless either. At this point, I consider Jerryd a better player. Better size, better shooter and just as a good defender.

Comment

At this point, I'd prefer to see where the Raptors land in the standings. If they look destined to be outside the lottery I might pursue Flynn. If they find themselves en route to a lottery pick, I might take a longer look at what is available for June 2011. Flynn's trade value is going to fluctuate quite a bit depending on his performance and the certainty of Ricky Rubio's arrival. Sit tight, have a clear idea of what you're willing to part with but don't start coveting the guy.

Comment

I don't think it's a situation where we NEED Flynn. We have 2 capable PGs when they're healthy in Bayless and Calderon. It just would be a nice luxury to have Flynn, of course depending on what we'd have to give up for him. In the end however, I think he'll end up in Sacramento, moving Evans for the off-guard.

Comment

Wait how about Peja and Miami's first rounder for Flynn?
            -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
            -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

I don't think Minnesota wants to take on that added salary.

Comment

Flynn is not a good defender which makes him a perfect fit for the Raps.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                  I'd have to disagree. Flynn is 21 and had a solid rookie season before a hip injury slowed him down this year. I'd take Flynn over Bayless. Barbosa is not a true PG. Calderon is great when healthy but the problem is then he gets injured again or has one of his bad games, plus, his contract is a burden for the Raptors, IMO. Given his injury history, the fact he is 29, and he has been playing very well since starting, I'd move him at the first opportunity. The Raptors are not good enough at PG to be content with what they have - you know what you are getting with Calderon as he has peaked, Barbosa is a not a true PG, and Bayless is still learning to run a team and create for others.
                  Not sure, I'm no expert in player evaluation to be sure, but Bayless has pretty similar per36 stats as Flynn, and better advanced stats; per, ws, wp48. So it doesn't seem like Flynn is a can't miss upgrade, why not stick with the guy we already have? Especially since Calderon is an ideal backcourt mate who can start or backup depending on where Bayless is in his development, and a combo gaurd in Barbosa seems the perfect 3 option since he backs up the 2 as well. No doubt we are not good enough to not consider an upgrade should a top tier PG or PG prospect where available, but I'm not sure Flynn is it, or even what he has over Bayless.

Comment

I like our present point guard position. Ideally the minutes will transfer from Calderon to Bayless over time. The 1 and 1A point guard option has not worked well for us in the past and I think this situation would show worse on younger players. Unless there is a real upgrade on Bayless ??? I would like to give him every opportunity to develop. I think in his time here he has shown reasons why we should.

Comment

golden wrote: View Post
                      Flynn is not a good defender which makes him a perfect fit for the Raps.
                      Really? I think he's a very good defender. Just because he's 5'11" doesn't mean he's a bad defender. Dude's got a high motor and active hands.

Comment

Minny don't need Jose though...

Comment

flynn for jose, no thank you

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
                            flynn for jose, no thank you
                            really?

Comment

I haven't seen Flynn play this year. Watching Bayless, however, I really wonder if he can develop into a true starting PG. He makes too many bad decisions, tries to dribble through too many defenders when he doesn't have the greatest handle on the ball. I hope he does develop, but watching him play I don't have a whole lot of confidence that he will.

Comment

I remember how Flynn moved up the draft board really quickly and went quite high, I think at #6. It was quite surprising. He certainly is an exciting player. Did anyone else check out his NBA debut? He was amazing. He's a bit short, even for a PG. He's listed at 6ft but I think he is more like 5'10". It would be kind of cool if he came to Toronto as he is almost a hometown boy, being from Niagara Falls, NY.
                                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                                X