JaVale McGee in Red and White?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
    like i said he is 22, i like partying too(especially if i was a millionaire lol. i watched the raps wiz games and he was a big difference maker. "hes out of possition", so what. Mcgee is young and can learn where to be many of the raps are out of possition too.
    he's had three years in the leauge and hasn't learned position defense. Watch more than two games. How many more "projects" do we need. There's a reason he is on the market."hes out of position", so what. that means you don't know how to play defense. Pay attention to scouting and know where youre supposed to be. Washington sucks and are willing to give up on him, take a hint. What does he bring that Amir doesn't.

Comment

Well, we're short on players.

I would take a chance on a 23 year old center on a rookie contract if he could be had for cheap.
      It's about money

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        I'm not trying to be a d!ck but the question was "what would you trade" not "do you think it will happen".
        There is nothing we can trade that Wiz will take without shooting ourselves in the foot.

Comment

brakeman1 wrote: View Post
          he's had three years in the leauge and hasn't learned position defense. Watch more than two games. How many more "projects" do we need. There's a reason he is on the market."hes out of position", so what. that means you don't know how to play defense. Pay attention to scouting and know where youre supposed to be. Washington sucks and are willing to give up on him, take a hint. What does he bring that Amir doesn't.
          the guy is clearly not a gifted offensive player, and thats what we exactly need from him
          what the raps need is a presence in the middle on defense, and McGee is a 8reb/2.5blks per game guy.
          he's 3rd in the league in blks, behind darko and howard.
          he's a perfect fit with the raps.
          Im just not sure BC has his eye on him because BC loves scorers.
          but McGee beside Bargs and Jose and Bayless throwing him alleys, i think it would be really, really nice.

might be hard to pry him away from the Wiz with the raps assets (or lack thereof), the wiz might want to unload Lewis or Hinrich. Id gladly take Lewis and McGee for Peja and the TPE. 1st rounder to sweeten the deal.

Calderon/DD/Kleiza/Bargs/McGee. Goosebumps.
          Last edited by TheGloveinRapsUniform; Thu Dec 30, 2010, 03:45 AM.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
            the guy is clearly not a gifted offensive player, and thats what we exactly need from him
            what the raps need is a presence in the middle on defense, and McGee is a 8reb/2.5blks per game guy.
            he's 3rd in the league in blks, behind darko and howard.
            he's a perfect fit with the raps.
            Im just not sure BC has his eye on him because BC loves scorers.
            but McGee beside Bargs and Jose and Bayless throwing him alleys, i think it would be really, really nice.

might be hard to pry him away from the Wiz with the raps assets (or lack thereof), the wiz might want to unload Lewis or Hinrich. Id gladly take Lewis and McGee for Peja and the TPE. 1st rounder to sweeten the deal.

Calderon/DD/Kleiza/Bargs/McGee. Goosebumps.
            You wouldn't start Rashard at the 3????

Calderon/DD/Lewis/Bargs/McGee.

Comment

No.

Other the other hand if some reason the Wiz offer him to Toronto than maybe depending on who the Wiz would want in return.

However, under no circumstances should BC initiate trade talks with the Wiz about Pamela's little boy.

Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Don't mean to nitpick, but why is this a Raptors related issue? This really should be in the trade forum section. We could easily say stuff like "Kevin Durant in Red and White" or "Dwight Howard in Red and White". It creates a pretty bad prescedent.

Comment

But really, the Wiz aren't gonna trade McGee unless they get an offer than blows them away. They'd much rather deal Blatche.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Don't mean to nitpick, but why is this a Raptors related issue? This really should be in the trade forum section. We could easily say stuff like "Kevin Durant in Red and White" or "Dwight Howard in Red and White". It creates a pretty bad prescedent.
                    Why? I gave a source from Realgm.com so its not like i just made this stuff up....

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                      But really, the Wiz aren't gonna trade McGee unless they get an offer than blows them away. They'd much rather deal Blatche.
                      you shouldnt state " the Wiz aren't gonna trade McGee unless ..." if you dont atleast have a source. when i wake up and read an article on real gm that says "the Wiz aren't gonna trade McGee unless they get an offer than blows them away. They'd much rather deal Blatche" then what your saying is true, oterwise its made up.

dont mean to sound rude cause its really all hear say. i was just bringing up the point of how awsome mcgee would be on this team and how he fits what the raptors want to be perfectly. After Buddajust pointed it out i think it oculd be good to get another player who had a parent in the who was also pro athlete.

Comment

No Moves

No moves till the summer. None.
                        O D da system.

Comment

Weems, Peja, Reggie, Miami's pick for Javale and Lewis.

Jose/Bayless
                          DD/Barbosa
                          Lewis/Kleiza/Wright
                          Bargs/Davis
                          McGee/Amir/Alabi.
                          "Don't expect anything unless you give everything."

Comment

Why? I gave a source from Realgm.com so its not like i just made this stuff up....
                            I know Matt52 has a thread or two about acquiring McGee in the thread forum. All of that could be merged into one. You just need to read up on it. Threads regarding the prospect of acquiring another player should be in the trade forum. Otherwise the main section gets littered with trade speculation.

Comment

you shouldnt state " the Wiz aren't gonna trade McGee unless ..." if you dont atleast have a source. when i wake up and read an article on real gm that says "the Wiz aren't gonna trade McGee unless they get an offer than blows them away. They'd much rather deal Blatche" then what your saying is true, oterwise its made up.

dont mean to sound rude cause its really all hear say. i was just bringing up the point of how awsome mcgee would be on this team and how he fits what the raptors want to be perfectly. After Buddajust pointed it out i think it oculd be good to get another player who had a parent in the who was also pro athlete.

Why can't I state it? It's my opinion, it's a forum.
                              Everyone knows that Blatche is pretty immature. That's not hearsay, it's a fact. McGee has been pretty productive in limited time and was extended an invitation by USA basketball to try out for the Mens senior team (albeit, he was a longshot to make the team, but the fact that he was invited as an injury replacement speaks volumes and how highly USA basketball thinks of him). Blatche has been plagued by immaturity issues throughout his career to date. He's got talent, but has been difficult to deal with. So really, who do you think the Wiz would rather deal? And I would figure that a guy like McGee as young as he is and is starting to break out, that the Wiz would want to hang onto him. It would take more than a first rounder (and or exprings) to acquire him. He won't come cheap.

Comment

Matt has a pretty nice thread about this in the trade section.

Comment

Working...
                                X