No announcement yet.

Why Does Kleiza Have Such a Long Leash?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why Does Kleiza Have Such a Long Leash?

I don't get it! he plays no defense, misses his opens shots,he can't put the ball on the floor, doesn't make the extra pass....yet he gets so much playing time.

The bigger the contract = the bigger the leash.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
      I don't get it! he plays no defense, misses his opens shots,he can't put the ball on the floor, doesn't make the extra pass....yet he gets so much playing time.
      Soooo...we should be giving Dupree more minutes?
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
        The bigger the contract = the bigger the leash.
        +1.

Comment

Injuries.

Up until tonight he had been averaging 19/9 the last 6 games.

Contract? Hardly. The guy makes nearly 20% less than the average NBA player.

Oh yeah, injuries.

Comment

this would be true for hedo when he played...

but its not nearly as bad in this case, we got injuries, and Kleiza has shown he has the ability to score, atleast when hes open...

He had a bad game tonite... lass few games he was good on the offensive side, not so much defensely, but u take what u can when we have soo many injuries.

Oh and as Matt52 above me said, his contract aint exactly... big

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
              This is true but you have to consider that there is an elite group (~15% of the NBA) make over 60% of the total money earned in salaries. The average, in this case, is not a very good measure of central tendency.

Comment

Prime wrote: View Post
                This is true but you have to consider that there is an elite group (~15% of the NBA) make over 60% of the total money earned in salaries. The average, in this case, is not a very good measure of central tendency.
                The median NBA Salary is 3.1 million and still Kleiza's contract is pretty good. He's been stepping it up as of late. I don't think his leash so long and if it is a bit long it is probably because he has been battling through injuries. I'd have to agree with Matt52 and Blaster.
                Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I would have to agree that based on his play at the World's and pre season that injuries maybe a factor in his play (and others). I may not enjoy the inability to make plays but certainly not the effort. Hedo on the other hand...different story. That guy begged off day 1 due to fatigue because of his summer and then dogged it....and we dont even need to discuss contract terms.

Comment

Why? The same reason Barbosa still gets touches, both are here as scorers on a team lacking in talent. If Kleiza could improve his efficiency, there isn't any reason why the guy can't average 20/10. He really needs to start hitting those open 3's, its ugly.
                    -"You can’t run from me. I mean, my heart don’t bleed Kool-Aid."
                    -"“I ain’t no diva! I don’t have no blond hair, red hair. I’m Reggie Evans.”

Comment

Injuries.

Oh yeah, injuries.
                      +1

All things considered Linas has been doing a pretty good job picking up the slack for this team. I can deal with a bad game every once in a while.

Comment

Injuries.

Oh yeah, injuries.
                        I should clarify not only Kleiza's injuries but injuries to the team. 5 guys are out now - two of which are wings (Peja and Weems) and 2 bigs (bargnani and Evans) - and Kleiza can play the 3 or 4.

Comment

Kleiza has a long leash because he is the "Big Dog"
                          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Doc Naismith wrote: View Post
                            +1

All things considered Linas has been doing a pretty good job picking up the slack for this team. I can deal with a bad game every once in a while.
                            A lot of people under rate Pierce's defensive skills.
                            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I don't know maybe I am being to critical but he misses open shots and that is not just this game, its every game I watched him play except the denver game. his shots are for the most part not taken within the offense. I could go on and on but the bottom line is I don't like his game.

Comment

Working...
                              X