Erie Bayhawks Respond to Davis' & Solo's Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Erie Bayhawks Respond to Davis' & Solo's Comments

There was a thread a few weeks ago about Ed Davis and Solomin Alabi's experiences with the Erie Bayhawks of the D-League. While these articles may be a bit late, it is always interesting to hear the story told from another perspective.

Some tidbits from the articles are:

"Our NBA assignments stay on the lake Erie waterfront at the Sheraton Erie Bayfront hotel and our team practices at the state-of-the-art LECOM Medical Fitness & Wellness facility. Both are places that we've been told rival what many NBA teams offer."
    "I'm not saying he's (Solomon's) a whiner, but it's about the effort you put in on the court."
    "I think we're one of the few teams that really emphasizes getting the ball inside to our big guys," Larranaga said. "Our guards did a good job of giving him (Solomon) plenty of opportunities."
    The irony of that is Erie's top scorer, Johnson, is a 6-foot, 8-inch, 230-pound power forward. The 26-year old is averaging 15.7 points and 8.2 rebounds.
    About IHOP for thanksgiving:
    "The staff at LECOM was gracious enough to treat the entire team to a traditional Thanksgiving dinner the day before Thanksgiving, as we were scheduled to travel to Fort Wayne on the holiday, and attempts at getting a catered meal on the holiday were unsuccessful," Bresee wrote.
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Oh, and here are the articles:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/12/15/l...suggest/#cntnt

http://www.goerie.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...1/basketball05
    Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

I watched the games and they didn't get him the ball alot of times they looked him off.

Comment

This is not a Raptor specific argument but the cba should allow for 2 way contracts for at least the first 3 years. It'll make those not hungry enough or too stubborn to learn to taste the minors for awhile. It would also mitigate a drafting mistake re a cap hit or roster spot for a better player.

Comment

But this complicates negotiations since they would also have to negotiate with NBDL officials because only a few teams have complete ownership of their D-League affiliates.

Comment

i mean what really can you expect with this league?
            harsh as it may sound but these guys are a bunch of nba rejects.
            how can this league generate as much profit as the nba to warrant such luxuries?
            bottomline is, you go down to the dleague, you know there's something wrong with your game
            youre there to sharpen your skills, not dine in fine restaurants or stay in fancy hotels.

Comment

Working...
            X