Officiating

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Officiating

Man, it really irks me to watch games where the zebras take over. Its just utter bullshit that the league is allowing these donkeys to control games. Or maybe theyre in it together?

I think its also bullshit that it seems acceptable in the league, young players seem to think they have to strive harder to get on the refs "good side" and that a winning record allows a team more calls from the officials in their favor.

Its also sad that some coaches/players are scared to bark at officials coz theyll get "picked on" and not get favorable calls.

Last night there were a lot of BS calls, there were lots of contact everytime Demar drove. Its fine if they let the guys play but when theyre calling fouls against Pierce for the same contacts that Demar didnt get calls for, then thats just spitting on the integrity of the game.

Im really suprised owners dont call out refs/the league on these things, i guess winning really isnt much of a concern.

"Im really suprised owners dont call out refs/the league on these things, i guess winning really isnt much of a concern."

I agree with much of what you wrote and this has been a problem lately with Raps games. And the stupid new squintatref = tech bs is going too far as if we dont have the hit & miss situation with charging calls consistently going in favor of the big boys. That said the quote above is inaccurate imv. The gms/owners are zipped up on pain of hefty fines. Mark Cuban and Stan V Gundy will attest to that. What I am unsure of is whether there is a behind the scenes outlet for these complaints (like a gm annual meeting on rules) or Stern tells everyone to just piss off...the 5 ft. gnome czar.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
      "Im really suprised owners dont call out refs/the league on these things, i guess winning really isnt much of a concern."

I agree with much of what you wrote and this has been a problem lately with Raps games. And the stupid new squintatref = tech bs is going too far as if we dont have the hit & miss situation with charging calls consistently going in favor of the big boys. That said the quote above is inaccurate imv. The gms/owners are zipped up on pain of hefty fines. Mark Cuban and Stan V Gundy will attest to that. What I am unsure of is whether there is a behind the scenes outlet for these complaints (like a gm annual meeting on rules) or Stern tells everyone to just piss off...the 5 ft. gnome czar.
      i agree. i guess what im trying to point out is the owners should make a collective effort on raising this concern. coz if its only one or two owners voicing their opinions then it just looks like theyre only trying to cause trouble, but if a majority of the owners voice their concern then the league will have to look into the situation.

bottomline is, everybody thinks its the norm, which is unacceptable.

Comment

Hey... we watched Bosh get favourable call after favourable call for years. I thought the game wasn't all that poorly called. Did you hear Matt Devlin list off the various achievements -- MVPs, Championships ect... -- that the Celts had accrued? They are a tough veteran team who knows how to get calls. It is a skill in the league and our young players are learning.

At the very least the refs are doing us a favour anyway. The Raps are closer to the lottery and DeRozan is tougher and savvier for having gone through that.

Comment

Gorlitzer wrote: View Post
          Hey... we watched Bosh get favourable call after favourable call for years. I thought the game wasn't all that poorly called. Did you hear Matt Devlin list off the various achievements -- MVPs, Championships ect... -- that the Celts had accrued? They are a tough veteran team who knows how to get calls. It is a skill in the league and our young players are learning.

At the very least the refs are doing us a favour anyway. The Raps are closer to the lottery and DeRozan is tougher and savvier for having gone through that.
          sorry but i disagree. Bosh got pummeled inside most times and never got calls. Bosh attempted 8FT per game last year, wade - 9FT and lbj - 10FT. and these guys dont even play inside as Bosh used to. whats suprising is Gasol avg. 5FT and Kobe 7, both coached by Phil Jackson who is very vocal when it comes to the refs. Go figure.

but its not just the fouls, its the travel calls or non-calls, the offensive fouls or what i call momentum stoppers. refs do that a lot to mediocre teams, when theyre trying to catch up, they throw in a couple of bad calls that stops the momentum. sucks if youre a fan.

I think there is a major difference between "knowing how to get calls" and "knowing YOURE GOING TO GET CALLS". With the celtics, id go with the latter. Like i said its ok if they keep giving the celts calls for every contact but they should do the same when demar gets contact. not the case.

sorry but if youre optimism is as such, then might as well not get calls and head for the lottery every year. sounds fun to me.

Comment

I agree about the momentum stuff. That non call that led to the Shaq And1 was criminal. But it happens. Cmon, be realistic. I never said we should lose every year. This year just happens to be a good year for losing. We have such short memories. Lets all remember the final few plays of the Raps first win over the Celts. Where was the favouritism there?

Comment

I agree the slant to the better players is nonsense. Why would someone so great need the help from referees to accumulate points? Pierce's two and-ones on jumpers were utter garbage, especially the first one when he really just picked up his dribble too soon and he to chuck it up. Calderon didn't even touch him.
              Deadallus

Comment

As long as derozan attacks the basket, plays aggressive and is consistent then he will havw no problem getting calls on a nightly bases. If derozan lets off the throttle you will likely see the foul shots decrease. The refs look to see who is constantly playing at that level.

Comment

Deadallus wrote: View Post
                  I agree the slant to the better players is nonsense. Why would someone so great need the help from referees to accumulate points? Pierce's two and-ones on jumpers were utter garbage, especially the first one when he really just picked up his dribble too soon and he to chuck it up. Calderon didn't even touch him.
                  Reading advancedwriters reviews is a smart idea before making an order on the company's website. How to use the service was covered in great detail in this review. territorial io

Comment

jendyte wrote: View Post

Reading advancedwriters reviews is a smart idea before making an order on the company's website. How to use the service was covered in great detail in this review. territorial io
                    go lie down please bot

Comment

Amazing even. Can you believe it???

Comment

dialiron wrote: View Post
                        Amazing even. Can you believe it???
                        How bad bots are at sounding like real people???? Yes I guess so. So far computers can't think like human brains so it makes sense. Can you think of something more interesting to say soon though??? And why bringing up the old threads all the time WAHT Is this??????

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

How bad bots are at sounding like real people???? Yes I guess so. So far computers can't think like human brains so it makes sense. Can you think of something more interesting to say soon though??? And why bringing up the old threads all the time WAHT Is this??????
                          Their spelling is impeccable though.
                          I'm not sure why you are replying to them, they get a raise in pay for that....

Comment

G__Deane wrote: View Post

Their spelling is impeccable though.
                            I'm not sure why you are replying to them, they get a raise in pay for that....
                            True true that's a good point on the spelling. Better spellers than me! One step at a time I guess.

And ha I don't know, replying to the bots has become a bit of a habit at this point for me I think! I don't necessarily like them but they're an annoying but sometimes interesting feature of the site I suppose.

I just noticed this tonight though, if you go to the trade proposals section they've got whole bot conversations going and everything. So if you want the best bot experience, head over there!

Not sure what's going on here! Can you imagine if some actually start to sound like real posters???? Luckily I think we're aways away from that based on the above.

Comment

NeedTristanThompson wrote: View Post

Recently, GPT Chat is hot and I see that AI has also come close to developing and thinking like humans.
                              trap the cat

Comment

Working...
                              X