Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ronald Dupree waived, does it mean Weems is healthy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ronald Dupree waived, does it mean Weems is healthy?

http://www.nba.com/raptors/news/2011...s-waive-dupree

The Toronto Raptors announced Wednesday they have waived forward Ronald Dupree.

Dupree, 6-foot-7, 210 pounds was re-signed by the Raptors on December 26. He appeared in three games recording three rebounds and two points in 13 minutes.

Dupree had previously participated in summer league and training camp with the Raptors.

Toronto’s roster now stands at 14.
    I'm guessing Weems is closer to return since Dupree is now gone. I always imagined he was here as a practice body and nothing more.

I would imagine that with Calderon and Bayless hurting that Colangelo might be on the prowl for a backup PG.

Comment

Would be wise. Maybe he can lure a guy like Brevin Knight out of retirement? He wouldn't light the league on fire but at least you know he's going to protect the ball.

Comment

I imagine they released Dupree more because another couple days and we would have had to guarentee his contract for the whole season.. I think. Could be wrong on that. But I believe Sonny will be playing once we get back into the ACC.

Comment

maybe opening a roster spot for a trade?
          common, say it with me
          just for kicks, hehehe

Comment

"I would imagine that with Calderon and Bayless hurting that Colangelo might be on the prowl for a backup PG. "

Alvin williams anyone? lol

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
              I imagine they released Dupree more because another couple days and we would have had to guarentee his contract for the whole season.. I think. Could be wrong on that. But I believe Sonny will be playing once we get back into the ACC.
              If he was signed to a 10 day contract then he can be signed to another.

Weems is probably getting closer to returning.

Even when Weems returns Kleiza will start.

So the question is.

When Weems returns will he be behind or ahead of Wright on Triano's depth chart?

It wouldn't surprise me to see him behind Wright when he returns.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                If he was signed to a 10 day contract then he can be signed to another.
                He wasn't on a 10-day... if we kept him on the roster past today we would have had to guarentee him money for the rest of the year.
                Note all the other teams releasing players today.

And it'll be tough to take Julian out as he brings the intangibles, but I see them trying to showcase Weems as potential trade bait.
                And to be honest, Kleiza has been okay, but I'm slowly getting tired of his WHACK shot selection.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                  He wasn't on a 10-day... if we kept him on the roster past today we would have had to guarentee him money for the rest of the year.
                  Note all the other teams releasing players today.

And it'll be tough to take Julian out as he brings the intangibles, but I see them trying to showcase Weems as potential trade bait.
                  And to be honest, Kleiza has been okay, but I'm slowly getting tired of his WHACK shot selection.
                  December 26, 2010

The Toronto Raptors announced Sunday they have re-signed forward Ronald Dupree. Per team policy, financial details were not disclosed.
                  The Raptors released him today, the fifth.

Counting

1. 26
                  2. 27
                  3. 28
                  4. 29
                  5. 30
                  6. 1
                  7. 2
                  8. 3
                  9. 4
                  10. 5

Bingo 10 days exactly.

Coincidence.

Of course it was
                  Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                  Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Counting

1. 26
                    2. 27
                    3. 28
                    4. 29
                    5. 30
                    6. 1
                    7. 2
                    8. 3
                    9. 4
                    10. 5

Bingo 10 days exactly.

Coincidence.

Of course it was
                    GUys on a 10 day contract are not released. It expires and they are gone.

I saw his contract number at $430K on hoopshype.com or hoopsworld.com. I would guess this was a prorated portion of the minimum. The contract was non-guaranteed. So he made his $60K or so and see you later Dupree.

I could be wrong here, just what my thoughts on the matter are.

Comment

Counting

1. 26
                      2. 27
                      3. 28
                      4. 29
                      5. 30
                      6. 1
                      7. 2
                      8. 3
                      9. 4
                      10. 5

Bingo 10 days exactly.

Coincidence.

Of course it was
                      31 Days in December genius.
                      As Matt stated, if it were a 10-day in the true sense of the term, we would not have had to release him, simply let it expire. He had a salary based on a year long contract.

Comment

Counting

1. 26
                        2. 27
                        3. 28
                        4. 29
                        5. 30
                        6. 1
                        7. 2
                        8. 3
                        9. 4
                        10. 5

Bingo 10 days exactly.

Coincidence.

Of course it was
                        (sigh)

You can't sign players to 10 day contracts until a specified time in the season. Last year it was January 5th. I think it's around the same time this year.

Comment

As long as it doesn't mean Weems will get playing time, I don't care.

Comment

Working...
                          X