So, what's in store for next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    He just came off a huge layoff due to injuries, yet he's suffering from a swollen knee and has only played in 2 games since being acquired. He's injured. He was playing limited minutes this season in New Orleans. Why? Because he's injured. So what team is going to "scoop up" a wonky, gimpy Stojakovic? And give up assets to boot? Knee problems are difficult to deal with. The only teams looking to pick up Stojakovic are teams looking to get rid of high priced, long term salary players, something the Raptors probably don't want to take on.
    Dude....don't tell me you actually believe he is injured right now.

"swollen knee" doesnt last a month. They have him on the shelf in tip top shape for trading. His visit to NOH was probably for personal and family stuff.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
      Dude....don't tell me you actually believe he is injured right now.

"swollen knee" doesnt last a month. They have him on the shelf in tip top shape for trading. His visit to NOH was probably for personal and family stuff.
      I guess you've never had problems with swelling and draining of your knee before. I believe he's actually injured. He didn't play many minutes with New Orleans to start the season. His knee is an actual concern. If he was actually healthy, he would be playing and improving his stock, not being on the bench in street clothes. A contending team isn't going to look at him unless they have a problem contract they want to get rid of and the Raptors are not going to take on long term salary unless it's some real sweetheart of a deal. However, teams are not going to want to make any massive deals, especially with the uncertainty of the NBA landscape on the horizon.

Comment

I'm very interested to see what Colangelo does at the trade deadline. The foundation is being laid this year for future success. We have some quality young pieces and I can't wait to see what else gets added. After Bosh left, Colangelo's been solid, and hopefully his next moves are equally as ambitious and good.
        Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

who cares if he is in good shape or not, the team needs to be looking to get draft picks in the future. It doesn't matter if they are 2011, 2012 or 2013. the future of the club needs to be in picks and we need as many as we can. There is a lot of talent out there and they need to be ready to get it.

I like the heart our team has and don't think it should be messed with. Obviously changes need to be made but I don't think we are in as bad a state as it's made to seem. We have seen good development from guys so far and it should continue. Heck, I haven't heard anyone seriously complain about Johnsons fouling in a while and how it is such a bad contract. He's doing better and so are many of our other young players. It just takes time and youth and us fans are good with the youth part but hate hearing about the time part.

Comment

I'm not sure what is in store for next year but I do know I have not had such optimism in a long time concerning the Raptors. Maybe I'm high on whatever BC and the gang are handing out for my consumption but the assets are there to make something happen.

I've given up on McGee - unfortunately. I think he would be amazing next to Bargnani and his maturity issues would hopefully be resolved with a change of scenery. You never know what could happen at draft time though.

I still think Calderon has to go and, IMO, Minnesota makes the most sense from many perspectives. I hope something gets done before trade deadline, like this:
            http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=2a6kxpx

There is no doubt in my mind the next 6months will shape the Raptors for years to come and BC's legacy in Toronto.

Comment

Any Raptor team that does not include hustle guys like Wright and Dorsey will only be SOFT SOFT SOFT. Offense can be stopped by players who are willing to defend. Check the NBA history.

Comment

Out of that list provided, though unlikely, I would cream my pants if we signed Tyson Chandler and Caron Butler. Glaring weaknesses to me are the 5 (Id love Bargs at the 4 with a legit center), and the 3 where both Keliza and Sonny are more bench players. SOnny makes nothing and so it would be sick to ship kleiza out for nothing and let sonny back up Caron. Couple those moves with Bayliss maturing and we'd have ourselves a team. If we dont move peja or reggie for anyone we have a shitload to spend on FAs. Barg's contract is pretty good at $10 Mil a year for a second option. We have a enough to sign a franchise guy or 2 Caron and Chandler type guys

Comment

Working...
                X