Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At what point will Alabi start begging to be sent back to the D-league?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At what point will Alabi start begging to be sent back to the D-league?

Has played a grand total of 13 minutes since getting called back... is this helping his development? Why won't the Raptors give him 5 or 10 minutes per game - especially with their depleted roster?

The problem isn't front court help, it's back court help. He should be on the bench taking mental notes and I'm sure he's better going up against Dorsey, Amir and Davis everyday in practice instead of fringe players in the D League.

Comment

Ha! There is no chance he makes even a hint of a complaint about his pt. He is enjoying the charter flights, square meals and big city accomidations that being with the big club brings. It's just too bad that Dupree has been waived; now who's gonna carry his bags?

Comment

man, IMO, he should be nowhere near of cracking the rotation
        he looks like a headless chicken when he's playing. he seems lost, like he doesnt know what he needs to do
        common now, if you bite on a pump fake by a sean marks wannabee and the guy still gets an and1 on you, you dont even deserve to be in the d-league. philippine pro basketball teams are looking for imports.

Comment

black angus wrote: View Post
          Has played a grand total of 13 minutes since getting called back... is this helping his development? Why won't the Raptors give him 5 or 10 minutes per game - especially with their depleted roster?
          I think they can send him down three times in a season. It's pretty common for projects to get called up and sent down multiple times. Maybe they wanted to assess his progress in practice against much better competition? Just a guess. I think if he isn't playing in games it's probably because they don't feel he's ready.

Comment

I think if there wasnt so many recent injuries he would have been sent back to the D-league for abit.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
              The problem isn't front court help, it's back court help. He should be on the bench taking mental notes and I'm sure he's better going up against Dorsey, Amir and Davis everyday in practice instead of fringe players in the D League.
              I don't know about that. Yes you can learn a lot about the players side of the NBA by not playing but just sitting, but practice is not the same as actual game time.

Johnson had tons of practice and in his last two seasons in Detroit and about 14 mpg for about 60 some games in those two seasons, but his game has really improved as he has gotten consistent actual court time with the Raptors.

On the other hand Johnson played as I recall over 40 games in the D-League and it did not improve his game much if at all.

It seems to me that for a big like Alabi who is not that young for a rookie that the practice with the Raptors and being with with the team is more beneficial than going to the D-League.

The D-League is good for Wing players and doesn't do a lot for Bigs or even PGs.

However if it had been up to me I would have preferred for the Raptors to have sent Alabi to Europe for a couple of years with a team that would give him playing time.
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Wed Jan 5, 2011, 07:26 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Working...
              X