Raptors Interested in Kings Omri Casspi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MangoKid wrote: View Post
    Casspi's from Isreal, which isn't in Europe... (unless you were referring to Udrih).. but it shouldn;t matter where you're from, as long as you can ball.
    Correct, Israel is in Asia.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

That is the second rumor involving the Kings in the past few months, the first was Thompson and now its Casspi.

Where you often smell smoke there is a fire, I fully expect that there will be a trade between the two teams sometimes this season.

Comment

This trade would be nothing more than two dreadful teams trading scrubs back and forth. The deal discussed in the story seems to involve the only three productive players on the Sac roster -- a roster which is pretty much the worst, or close to it, in the NBA.

The Raptors should try to dump salary because, well, they could just send 12 fans at random out there to get walloped every night. No need to pay anybody mega-millions for that.

Comment

Brandon wrote: View Post
          This trade would be nothing more than two dreadful teams trading scrubs back and forth. The deal discussed in the story seems to involve the only three productive players on the Sac roster -- a roster which is pretty much the worst, or close to it, in the NBA.

The Raptors should try to dump salary because, well, they could just send 12 fans at random out there to get walloped every night. No need to pay anybody mega-millions for that.
          If you don't mind gray hair and stumbling drunkenness, I totally be down for that. I'd only commit hard fouls taking up 25 seconds of playing time and a quick stoppage for puke clean-up. I'd even wear a cool mask like Richard Hamilton.
          Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

As I posted in another thread:

Kleiza (5.0 / 4.6 / 4.6 / 4.6PO), Weems (0.85) & 3 million cash
            FOR
            Garcia (5.5 / 5.8 / 6.1 / 6.4TO) & Casspi (1.25 / 1.34 / 2.28TO / 3.31QO)

Is a trade I would do. Garcia is more expensive but he has a TO in his last year while Kleiza has a PO.

Sacramento saves ~

YR1: $3.30m (part-year plus trade payout),
            YR2: $2.54m (if Weems is let go),
            YR3: $3.78m (if Omri is kept),
            YR4: -$4.60m (if Kleiza opts in) OR +$0 (Keiza opts out)

Sacramento saves anywhere from $5.0 million to as much as $9.6 million if Kleiza declines to exercise his player option. Also, Sacramento gets viable players back in this scenario - a lot of other scenarios probably won't offer that.

Comment

Buddahfan you are now bordering on delusional!!! No matter what you or other think of Bargnani, or the reality of Bargnani not being a great defender, for you to say Amir is better than Bargnani proves you are either on drugs, completely in love with Amir, or have lost it. You also mention in another post how sweet Amir's offense is....are you serrious about hoping he will begin shooting threes (that's all we need now), Bosh was bad enough at that.
              I love Amir but unless he puts on fifty pounds he is a backup and always will be. He will be a backup soon enough again when the Raptors find another suitable big to play beside Bargs unless Davis blossoms early. That said I also believe there is a good possibility you will see Amir traded within the year or next year for sure, and then you can tell everyone there how he is the second coming of Robinson.
              You used to actually make sense most of the time even though you had an Amir crush

Comment

Pizzaman wrote: View Post
                Buddahfan you are now bordering on delusional!!! No matter what you or other think of Bargnani, or the reality of Bargnani not being a great defender, for you to say Amir is better than Bargnani proves you are either on drugs, completely in love with Amir, or have lost it. You also mention in another post how sweet Amir's offense is....are you serrious about hoping he will begin shooting threes (that's all we need now), Bosh was bad enough at that.
                I love Amir but unless he puts on fifty pounds he is a backup and always will be. He will be a backup soon enough again when the Raptors find another suitable big to play beside Bargs unless Davis blossoms early. That said I also believe there is a good possibility you will see Amir traded within the year or next year for sure, and then you can tell everyone there how he is the second coming of Robinson.
                You used to actually make sense most of the time even though you had an Amir crush
                Ye of little faith are blind to the truth.

You are like the little kid who is blinded by the glitter of the toy only to get it home and have it break within a day or two.

Bargnani is a sixth man straight up and if he ever winds up playing for a good team that is where he will be, coming off of the bench.

Johnson does not need to add weight though he needs to continue to strengthen his core. He showed that despite his hurting back he could defend against Boozer and G. Davis. What Johnson can not do is play center. However, he is not a center and never will be. He is PF and he can defend against the PFs in the league. Anyone who watches him play will see that.

As far as his offense goes, You are brainwashed by the fairy tale that came out of Detroit.

No Johnson will probably never be a high scorer, more than 20 ppg because he just doesn't take bad shots which means he will probably always have a relatively low usage%. However, 17 plus per game is well within reach if he can increase his starting minutes from 27.5 a game to about 33 - 35. Right now I am satisfied with the 27.5 mpg. Only time will tell if he can increase his mpg to over 30.

So far he has started 21 games, playing many of the last eight if not all of those with an injured back from Gasol's forearm shiv. So far he is averaging 9.5 and 6.3 in 27.5 mpg as a stater this year. I expect his ppg to go up once he gets healthy. If he starts for the rest of the season I can see him averaging over 12 ppg after the all-star break.

When the Raptors first got him every Raptors writer/blogger and fan thought he was a throw in. Then he got upgraded to a garbage man. Well I don't hear the garbage man name tossed around with regards to Johnson too much these days.

We will see what happens over the next couple of seasons.
                Last edited by Buddahfan; Sun Jan 9, 2011, 12:41 PM.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Well considering the Raptors have like 5 SFs, I think this trade would do them more harm than good. Even trading one SF for another is pointless. Plus their trade priority should be to obtain a defensive center.

I really think Casspi is overrated. He just fits in Sacremento plus they have the worst record in the league. It's easier to pad your stats in such a situation. Casspi may be fiesty but he is not a good defender. Plus his body has a small frame.

As inconsistent as Kleiza has played, trading Casspi for him would be a downgrade. I'm a big Kleiza fan and may be biased but I don't see him performing better on the Raptors. I also don't mind for Kleiza to be traded (don't think he fits very well in Toronto and should be a 6/7th man to provide some offense, 3 point shooting, to an elite team like the Lakers/Spurs/Heat). Kleiza is a better scored, rebounder and post defender. Casspi is a better perimeter defender and I like that he hustles all game. The major benefit of Casspi is his very low salary that's locked in for the next 4 years. That said Kleiza's salary is not so bad considering his production. He gets almost half of Calderon's salary and look at Amir's contract. He's easily worth 5 million.

Again, trading Kleiza for Casspi would be a downgrade for the Raptors. Yes I'm a big Kleiza fan but I think that's the truth. I also wouldn't mind seeing Kleiza go to another team so I'm prob not being so biased. Casspi's benefits are his young age and low salary. Still, Kleiza just turned 26 last week and his salary fits his production.
                  Last edited by 666; Sun Jan 9, 2011, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Buddah I see Bargnani starting for the rest of his career, unless he's on a championsip team where he could be a great sixth man, and you're wrong about Bargnani playing PF as he will still easily be ranked in the top ten or so. As for Amir on a good team as you say he would not only not be sixth man but would likely be the second or third big coming off the bench at best as he was before. He will never be a starter on a good team and you'll see it when the Raptors get another good big or wen Amir gets traded whichever comes first.

Comment

I just took a look at the Raps kings game chat on ESPN. They all hate casspi in sac-town lol.Some go as far as saying he shouldnt be in the NBA and its thre worst turn drop in preformance from season to season. if thery dont want him i dont want him either.
                      SHALOM CASSPI!

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                        I just took a look at the Raps kings game chat on ESPN. They all hate casspi in sac-town lol.Some go as far as saying he shouldnt be in the NBA and its thre worst turn drop in preformance from season to season. if thery dont want him i dont want him either.
                        SHALOM CASSPI!
                        Pretty much what I was thinking. Just didn't know they didn't want him either. haha

Comment

I believe the rumor indicates that Casspi is to be moved with Garcia's long contract. There was also some 'friction' with Dalembert in the organization and a possible sign of trade. With this in mind, I floated this idea in another forum:

Casspi+Garcia+Dalembert for Weems+Stojakovic+Evans

Kings get more expiring contracts, and youngish talent with Weems still. They are familiar with Peja and would welcome him back.

Raptors get a young long/lean/lanky prospect in Casspi, who's better fit at the 3. With another G-F in Garcia, we can give up Weems now that Derozan is the clear flourishing prospect. We don't have plans for Peja or Reggie after their contracts. Dalembert would replace Reggie's rebounding, plus is more athletic and a good shot blocker.

Dalembert / Davis / Alabi
                          Bargnani / Johnson / Dorsey
                          Kleiza / Casspi / Wright
                          Derozan / Barbosa / Garcia
                          Calderon / Bayless

Comment

Working...
                          X