Calderon for T-Mac and cap crap

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Calderon for T-Mac and cap crap

Ok so all the rage these days is the "What can we get for Jose?" game. As most of you have heard, if you call yourself ball fans, is T-Mac is officially on the block, in fact he has been sent home indefinitely by the Rockets until he can be traded. So I fired up the ESPN Trade Machine and came up with this mockbuster 8 player deal that works on all fronts.

Toronto gets: T. Mcgrady, A. Brooks, J. Dorsey, and C. Budinger
    Houston gets: J. Calderon, M. Banks, R. Evans, and A. Johnson

Toronto would use their trade exception from the Kapono deal and all told would take on about 3 million in extra salary this year. Each team would be trading 2 guards and two forwards.

That being said, I don't like trading Calderon unless maybe it was for a solid back-up guard(Brooks) and the 22+ million expiring contract of McGrady could make the offseason pretty interesting. What do y'all think?
    limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Way too lopsided a trade for Raps.
    Effectively you are trading 3 bad contracts (Calderon, Banks, Evans) for young cheap talent/prospects and a huge expiring.
    Moreover, the Rockets are already set at PG with Aaron Brooks+Kyle Lowry. I don't see why they'd want to trade one overpaid, injury-prone, defensive sieve, backup PG (Jose Calderon) for a young (24) cheap (still on rookie deal), pretty solid STARTER.

You would be exceedingly lucky if you could trade Calderon for expiring contracts this year, not to talk of a lopsided trade in which you also fob off your other bad contracts, pick up a good young PG (Brooks), cheap prospects (Dorsey, Budinger), and a huge expiring (T. Mac.)

Comment

Houston has said they will take on long term money in exchange for t-mac, since he really isn't going to do anything but get paid obscene dollars to play with his son at home. I couldn't get any less lopsided trade to work that didn't involve Bosh(which would be retarded), cuz of McGrady's ridiculous 22 mil, which I suspect is going to be a problem in doing any deal for him for any team. If I were BryCo(which I am most certainly not) I would send an e-mail about it but wouldn't waste my time with a call.
      limpin ain't easy, but I make it look good...

Comment

This is a deal so ridiculous, that only one can masturbate to if they are a Raps fan. I know that you know that this deal cannot be done, unless if Darryl Morrey smoked some of the most trippiest dope that one can find during trade deadline. Is Houston gonna give up Brooks (potential Gilbert Arenas clone that is paid only $2 Million), Chase Buddinger (one of the hardest workers on Houston, though hard to say, they all work hard), and $22 Million cap space? You also give Houston a suspected soft-and slower Euro guard that will disprupt the offense very badly, and they don't want that. Although you give them Amir Johnson, a Landry and AmirJohnson duo is going to haul the highest FG% and Offensive Rebounds in the league from a bench.

Comment

You forgot one big factor in all of this... Why would Houston agree to this trade!!!!

Comment

Ripp wrote: View Post
            Way too lopsided a trade for Raps.
            Effectively you are trading 3 bad contracts (Calderon, Banks, Evans) for young cheap talent/prospects and a huge expiring.
            Moreover, the Rockets are already set at PG with Aaron Brooks+Kyle Lowry. I don't see why they'd want to trade one overpaid, injury-prone, defensive sieve, backup PG (Jose Calderon) for a young (24) cheap (still on rookie deal), pretty solid STARTER.

You would be exceedingly lucky if you could trade Calderon for expiring contracts this year, not to talk of a lopsided trade in which you also fob off your other bad contracts, pick up a good young PG (Brooks), cheap prospects (Dorsey, Budinger), and a huge expiring (T. Mac.)
            Raptors are being raped in that trade proposal! + They'd be put deep into luxury tax and that would never happen to acquire an expiring deal.
            The best Raptors discussion board is at Raptors Republic.

Stephen Brotherston, Pro Bball Report

Comment

Working...
            X