What Did Julian Wright Do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Did Julian Wright Do?

Can anyone explain why a Kleiza, playing the role of The Turnstile, got 35m tonight? What did Gully Jully do wrong to get such a short leash? Dude dropped 5 dimes in his first 9 minutes, most coming in the 2nd q and then Jay hooked him. What gives? Does JT not see that you can't start Bargs/Kleiza/Derozan? With those three playing 1 on 1, amir banged up and Jose needing shots to open up the floor for the rest of his game (offense at least, his d is still a joke).

JC/DD/JW/AJ/AB
    jb/lb/lk-sw/ed/jd

go small/quick with jb/lb/dd/ed/amir
    go with shawts jc/lb/sw/lk/ab
    go for d with jb/sw/jw/ed/aj
    go big n dumb jc/jw/lk/jd/ab
    go young and street jb/dd/sw/aj/jd
    go eurotrash jc/lb/lk/ab/sa*

*for the purpose of this topic I'm going to co opt my favourite announcer slip: when they refer to non european who play internationally as "european" ie Look at SA win despite starting 2 euros
    LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Defense was our problem this game (and all season too) so I'm not sure why Jay wouldn't put in arguably our best defender.

Comment

I thought the starting line-up from the get-go should have been Bargnani, Davis, Kleiza, DeRozan, and Calderon. My thoughts have definitely changed since then. I think Johnson deserves to be there for the time being, but I'd like to see both Davis and Wright earn a starting spot by years end. Kleiza is really the only alternative for now at the three.

Comment

I was asking the same question. I don't know if jay doesn't like him or they are trying to get kleiza going because they believe in him but at this point I am beyond frustrated and will hope that BC is watching and goes after Larry brown next year. I was a big fan of jay till recently, I believe he is a offensive minded coach and we need a defensive minded coach. I can't find a justifiable reason for his choices other than a trade is coming and they want to show off kleiza

Comment

I was stunned. Tough game, but why not have have him play 25 min to see if he can have an impact.
          Even play Kleiza at the 4 for bits when the Celtics are small - if you think Kleiza was "hot" (which is up for debate).
          http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

I am not a Jay fan, just being upfront. He could be good with the x's and o's but he is idiotic in his substitutions and lineups.
            He said something strange in an interview that many teams play a defensively minded player in the starting lineups and try to find ways to hide the offensive deficiencies but made it seem he wasn't going there. Ok. Ummmm. Reggie Evans??!! Julian has more offensive game, more defensive game and comparable energy to reggie.

Makes...no...sense.

Comment

grindhouse wrote: View Post
              I was asking the same question. I don't know if jay doesn't like him or they are trying to get kleiza going because they believe in him but at this point I am beyond frustrated and will hope that BC is watching and goes after Larry brown next year. I was a big fan of jay till recently, I believe he is a offensive minded coach and we need a defensive minded coach. I can't find a justifiable reason for his choices other than a trade is coming and they want to show off kleiza
              Or perhaps they want to avoid paying the QO to Julian and get him for less on say a three year. Conspiracy theory sure but somehow there has to be some kind of explanation. The alternative is less than polite. At least where triano is concerned.

Comment

yah its annoying, personally i think juju, should play with barbosa when he's running the point at all times, since barbosa isnt great at passing around the ball, and juju is ight at it, so that would help with the flow better, while kleiza should play with caldy....

though not for the full 33 mins that caldy played. I dunno, Kleiza put some decent #'s up, but as ppl said, offence was rly not our problem, the raptors, couldnt set up enuff defensive stops to slow down the celts, and get into the game. Kleiza juss isn't a good defender, and it juss seems odd the way the rotations r. I would think most coaches would toss out juju out there for longer, when D is a problem, and he is one of your bttr defenders at the SF postion.... oh well, wats done is done i guess....

Comment

Yes, I am totally willing to be completely wrong and I'm not a basketball mind like the raptors coaching staff - I'm a latecomer to the Julian Wright fandamonium but I'm in the confused camp...why isn't he playing more? Am I missing something? Kleiza has a sweet stroke when he's on, but we can't have more than one pylon on the floor at one time especially when he's throwing up bricks...Julian seems to know his roll and although not outstanding, he doesn't appear to be a liability anywhere on the floor...

Comment

imagoodfella wrote: View Post
                    Yes, I am totally willing to be completely wrong and I'm not a basketball mind like the raptors coaching staff - I'm a latecomer to the Julian Wright fandamonium but I'm in the confused camp...why isn't he playing more? Am I missing something? Kleiza has a sweet stroke when he's on, but we can't have more than one pylon on the floor at one time especially when he's throwing up bricks...Julian seems to know his roll and although not outstanding, he doesn't appear to be a liability anywhere on the floor...
                    Hit the nail on the head. Well put.

Comment

Wright has one good game coming off of the bench against the worst team in the NBA and everyone wants to start giving him huge minutes.

Too funny
                      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        Wright has one good game coming off of the bench against the worst team in the NBA and everyone wants to start giving him huge minutes.

Too funny
                        It hasn't been 'one good game' as you put it Buddah, and for you to state that simply shows that you don't watch the games.
                        Julian Wright has been consistently making the most of his minutes WHENEVER given the opportunity. He does the little intangibles that cannot be discounted, but seem to have been in your eyes. Which is a shame.

Comment

|Anyone else see that rediculous steal Jwright had from Rondo? Jwright dove for the ball on the sideline and somehow pulled it out and passed it up to derozan i tihnk , crazy steal!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Too funny
                            Nothing to contribute huh? So why bother? I gotta say, lookin' suspiciously like a post whore lately. It's a shame, you started off with so much potential.
                            Last edited by minks77; Sat Jan 8, 2011, 05:49 PM.
                            LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                              He does the little intangibles that cannot be discounted,
                              This is exactly what I like about his game. Ever since the Orlando win he's been more good than bad and brings hustle and energy when he's on the floor. His offense is terrible but he does play within himself. He gets on the glass, hands in the lanes, plays as hard as he can whether or not his shot is dropping and has shown to be a nice passer with good vision. It's not like the guys ahead of him are All Stars.
                              LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X