Boring days

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boring days

Is it just me or is anyone else bored in the Raptor fan community? Losses are building and I'm dyingfor osmething good to talk about instead of "we need to be patient, we need to be patient, we need to be patient." You can only sit and twiddle your thumbs for so long. Even the dunk competition isn't going to be great this year because it's big heavy and the only guard can barely dunk.

There needs to be a trade soon to give us something to talk about/debate/get excited about/get mad about I don't really care what option it is. I just want something to happen around the team to make this boring part of the season more exciting.

The only reason I keep watching this team is the development of the young guys. Mostly Derozan and Davis. Derozan has been on a great stretch and averaging 14.4 ppg on the year. He's improved offensively from last season but he's got almost no 3 point shot. If he can improve his shooting, he can be a lot more of a threat. He'll be good in a few years.

Comment

Relax,
      Building a team by improving young talent takes time. Toronto is always impatient, but then demands that someone, Leafs, Raps, or Jays, actually builds a team properly. Let time divide some of the wheat from the chaff. Then we can move for some talent.

Comment

EaseMyPain wrote: View Post
        Relax,
        Building a team by improving young talent takes time. Toronto is always impatient, but then demands that someone, Leafs, Raps, or Jays, actually builds a team properly. Let time divide some of the wheat from the chaff. Then we can move for some talent.
        I agree completely. It's just boring around here. Plus there's always talk about Peja's contract getting sent off and we've got other expiring contracts and the TPE. Something's got to happen, right? I only want it to happen if it helps the team improve, I dont' want a trade for a trade.

It's just sooooo boring around here.

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
          I agree completely. It's just boring around here. Plus there's always talk about Peja's contract getting sent off and we've got other expiring contracts and the TPE. Something's got to happen, right? I only want it to happen if it helps the team improve, I dont' want a trade for a trade.

It's just sooooo boring around here.
          Wait till the February Trade Deadline around the 20th, and hope something exciting might happen. The TPE and the expirings I hope get traded for something to look forward to.

If Colangelo stands pat, I want Colangelo to GTFO and go back to NYC with his dad or Arizona. Hire someone who knows gritty and intangible basketball, Spurs style.

Comment

This is a boring time in the NBA. I even find myself looking at really arcane articles like this one, that says that Patrick O'Bryant is about to go back to the D-league after failing miserably in China:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/p...in-nba-d-leag/

I think that's why god made the NFL playoffs be at this time of year. Couldn't be anymore exciting than yesterday's upsets. Colts and Saints gone on wildcard match-ups. That was last year's Superbowl teams! Man, can't wait to see what happens next.
            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

[QUOTE=RaptorDan;58663]This is a boring time in the NBA. I even find myself looking at really arcane articles like this one, that says that Patrick O'Bryant is about to go back to the D-league after failing miserably in China:

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2011/01/08/p...in-nba-d-leag/QUOTE]

that's just sad. I hated seeing that guy on our bench. I hope Alabi doesn't turn into him. Even then at least Alabi isn't a top 10 pick

Comment

Working...
              X