Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 56 of 56

Thread: Why do the Raptors suck?

  1. #41
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Colborne, ON
    Posts
    240
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well any team that wins Championships has to be Above Average. But to say you can't win without having the best in the league, is a little misleading. Jordan's Bulls were 'Above Average' defensively, but they were no way outstanding on the defensive end. Jordan was. The team wasn't.
    Are you serious? Pippen was't a good defender? Rodman? Horace Grant? Ron Harper?

  2. #42
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Well any team that wins Championships has to be Above Average. But to say you can't win without having the best in the league, is a little misleading. Jordan's Bulls were 'Above Average' defensively, but they were no way outstanding on the defensive end. Jordan was. The team wasn't.
    Sorry, Joey. You got that one wrong.
    http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html

  3. #43
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    One superstar doesn't make a team.
    In the NBA, yes it does...it all starts from there

  4. #44
    Super Moderator MangoKid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Scarborough
    Posts
    3,121
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    In the NBA, yes it does...it all starts from there
    No it doesn't. All those years Garnett in Minnesota and they struggled to make the playoffs. What makes teams successful in the NBA is the supporting cast, and a very good coach not necessarily the superstar.

    When a team buys into a system, and players play smart ball and play for each other, good things can happen. Look at the Rockets a few years ago. They pushed the Lakers to the brink without Yao or McGrady.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Mon Jan 10th, 2011 at 04:37 PM.

  5. #45
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,183
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    No it doesn't. All those years Garnett in Minnesota and they struggled to make the playoffs. What makes teams successful in the NBA is the supporting cast, and a very good coach not necessarily the superstar.
    I agree totally. How many titles did Ray Ray, Pierce, KG, get before they united? How about Bosh, Lebron, Amare, Carmelo? Hell, what about Karl Malone? Clyde the Glide? Charles Barkley? C Webb? Penny? Etc, etc, etc.

  6. #46
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    You need EVERYTHING to win a championship agreed...

    But why are the Raps nowhere close (ie. why do they SUCK?)

    They dont have at least one superstar player. Everything starts from there.

  7. #47
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    Sorry, Joey. You got that one wrong.
    http://www.nba.com/history/awards_defensiveteams.html
    Haha ya I realized what I was saying after the fact. I can admit when I've said something stupid. That one falls in line.

  8. #48
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    You need EVERYTHING to win a championship agreed...

    But why are the Raps nowhere close (ie. why do they SUCK?)

    They dont have at least one superstar player. Everything starts from there.
    You've officially reached troll status.

  9. #49
    Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    19,464
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Haha ya I realized what I was saying after the fact. I can admit when I've said something stupid. That one falls in line.
    No worries. lol

  10. #50
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    You've officially reached troll status.
    STFU What a troll

  11. #51
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    STFU What a troll
    Trying to incite rage amongst a forum audience.
    Raps don't suck. Sac-town sucks. Raps just aren't thaaat good.

  12. #52
    Raptors Republic Veteran LBF's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton,ON a.k.a. The Hammer!
    Posts
    5,327
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    no josh smith type wing player and no steve nash type pg.

    that's why they suck. plus, no one who can rebound except reggie who's out and davis who they seem to like to start joey dorsey over.
    If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

    Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

  13. #53
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote LBF wrote: View Post
    no josh smith type wing player and no steve nash type pg.

    that's why they suck. plus, no one who can rebound except reggie who's out and davis who they seem to like to start joey dorsey over.
    One could argue that Jose is VERY much a PG in the mould of Nash. Obviously not AS good as him, but I'd say we do have a Steve Nash 'type' PG.

    And you mentioned Smith, who would actually be the Answer to ALL OF OUR PRAYERS.
    I think Demar has a LITTLE bit of Smiths game in him, but no where near the Defender that Smith is.

  14. #54
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    212
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Trying to incite rage amongst a forum audience.
    Raps don't suck. Sac-town sucks. Raps just aren't thaaat good.

    I didn't mean "what's a troll", I meant to call him a troll back hahah

    Raps suck though man. Boston toyed with them. TOYED!

    "oh the lead is below 15. Ok Rondo go back out there for a couple mins. *2 mins later* Lead back up to 25. Ok Harrangody, you can finnish them off"

  15. #55
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    7,698
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Ruuuuu wrote: View Post
    I didn't mean "what's a troll", I meant to call him a troll back hahah

    Raps suck though man. Boston toyed with them. TOYED!

    "oh the lead is below 15. Ok Rondo go back out there for a couple mins. *2 mins later* Lead back up to 25. Ok Harrangody, you can finnish them off"
    hahah oh word. That makes more sense actually now that you say it.
    And 'suck' or 'bad', is just preference of Vocabulary I guess. haha

    And Boston toys with many a team. Having Rajon Rondo will do that.
    Raptors have also beaten quite a few good teams themselves, y'know. Maybe we've even 'toyed' with a team or two... maybe not though... haha

  16. #56
    Raptors Republic Starter minks77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    T dot Ohhhhh
    Posts
    778
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    The "Showtime" Lakers were actually an above average defensive team for their era - Kareem, Cooper, Magic, Thompson, Green, Rambis, Scott - could all play defense - even Worthy would have looked like a good defender on today's Raptors. In fact, it was there defense and defensive rebounding that permitted them to get the fast breaks and make them Showtime!
    Yeah but Boston was a MUCH better defensive team. So no, they weren't Raptor bad defensively but they were never the better defensive team.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •