Melo trade: makes Bosh deal way worse than Carter deal

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Melo trade: makes Bosh deal way worse than Carter deal

Are you guys hearing the return the Nuggets are going to get for Melo?

Devin Harris
    Derrick Favors
    2 1st round picks

The way BC/Bosh handled this seriously fucked up and cost the Raps organization some assets.

What can you say about Bosh? He is a pansy he was only signing where LBJ/Wade were - whatever he is what he is, a glorified role player.

But its BCs job to handle the Raps assets. He should have traded him a year earlier instead of making a run for mediocrity with Hedo. Even without Bosh signing with the team he is traded to, Raps would have got a 1st rounder or a very good young player out of it.

Losing the "Bosh asset" for the TPE is way worse than the VC deal people!!!!!

No offense Ruuuuu, but this is an old topic.

The difference in these situations is, even with the Nuggets being a playoff team until the recent nosedive, Carmelo Anthony through his people has made it known he is leaving. Bosh did not do that - not even close. He packed it in, mailed it in, and screwed the Raptors in every way imagineable with how he handled the situation leading up to and after the trade deadline.

Results are what matters in sport and in that sense BC has messed up. But last year leading in to the All-Star break they were 5th and no indication was given about Bosh's intentions, what was he going to do?

I know what BC and everyone else would do now, but who could have known Bosh would go from one of the most respected and professional NBA players to total douche in 5 months (Feb-July, '10)?

Comment

First of all we couldn't of gotten anything better because he wanted to go to Miami; deal was actually 2 first rounders and the TPE. Second of all don't compare Melo to Bosh.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
        No offense Ruuuuu, but this is an old topic.

The difference in these situations is, even with the Nuggets being a playoff team until the recent nosedive, Carmelo Anthony through his people has made it known he is leaving. Bosh did not do that - not even close. He packed it in, mailed it in, and screwed the Raptors in every way imagineable with how he handled the situation leading up to and after the trade deadline.

Results are what matters in sport and in that sense BC has messed up. But last year leading in to the All-Star break they were 5th and no indication was given about Bosh's intentions, what was he going to do?

I know what BC and everyone else would do now, but who could have known Bosh would go from one of the most respected and professional NBA players to total douche in 5 months (Feb-July, '10)?
        My bad if its been talked about already....But the new information here is the return the Nuggets are going to get for Melo.

I think it officially makes BC handling Bosh situation worse than Babcock handling VC situation.

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
        First of all we couldn't of gotten anything better because he wanted to go to Miami; deal was actually 2 first rounders and the TPE. Second of all don't compare Melo to Bosh.
        You're just talking about after July 1st, yeah there was nothing the Raps could do, he wanted to go to Miami.

But the whole time leading up to that......BC F'd up and cost the Raps assets

Comment

not comparable at all. Bosh gave the team the impression that they were in the running to resign him, even though that wasnt the case at all. Melo has made it abundantly clear from the start that he'll be leaving once his contract is up.

Comment

I'll point out that after Bosh left we became a young team with two draft pieces and financial flexibility.

If the trade happens Denver will become a young team with draft pieces and financial flexibility. The only major difference I see is that Carmelo is an honest man. Getting the PG looks pretty good too.

I should also point out that Denver's GM was our assistant GM last year. He's seen this movie before.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post

Devin Harris
              Derrick Favors
              2 1st round picks

The way BC/Bosh handled this seriously fucked up and cost the Raps organization some assets.

What can you say about Bosh? He is a pansy he was only signing where LBJ/Wade were - whatever he is what he is, a glorified role player.

But its BCs job to handle the Raps assets. He should have traded him a year earlier instead of making a run for mediocrity with Hedo. Even without Bosh signing with the team he is traded to, Raps would have got a 1st rounder or a very good young player out of it.

At the time at the trade deadline, everything was sunshine and roses, the team was on a winning streak, 5th in the eastern conference and poised to take over 4th. It would have been really shrewd to have dealt Bosh. Bosh more or less lead the Raptors on, led the organization to believe that he was going to re-up in Toronto

The Denver situation is different. Melo has actually come out and said that he wasn't going to re-sign in Denver and that was obvious after he turned down the 3year-65 million extension.

EDIT: What Matt52 said in his post.

Comment

blackjitsu wrote: View Post
                I'll point out that after Bosh left we became a young team with two draft pieces and financial flexibility.

If the trade happens Denver will become a young team with draft pieces and financial flexibility. The only major difference I see is that Carmelo is an honest man. Getting the PG looks pretty good too.

I should also point out that Denver's GM was our assistant GM last year. He's seen this movie before.
                I'm with Blackjitsu on this one. I think the future is very cloudy with the NBA CBA. The biggest asset we got in return was the TPE AND the two 1st rounders. We now have the option of picking who we want to sign and for how long. Besides, wasn't Melo the one who said he ain't pulling a Bosh (funny cuz he didn't slag LeBron for his own douchbaggery)? An evaporating TPE was the best the Raps can get for RuPaul.
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Yes Bosh screwed the Raps, but isn't it BCs job to prevent that?

Yes it would've been easier if Bosh played it straight. But if he's not, BC has to figure out he was getting played. Its not so unheard of, that's his job. Players/agents etc are always lying and looking for their edge.

Comment

Ruuuuu wrote: View Post

Devin Harris
                    Derrick Favors
                    2 1st round picks

Comparing the 2 trades is completely unfair. Others above have pointed out the differences between the 2 situations on the surface, but this 'Melo trade' involves a lot more assets than just Melo. Chauncy Billups is a great player and would bring back good talent and/or draft picks on his own. Now you're comparing a Bosh trade to a Melo & Billups trade... that's a superstar and all star being packaged together! Apples and oranges, IMO...

Comment

ya... it's totally BC's fault

he should have got a better crystal ball to look into the future and see bosh fuck over the team

all things mystical are in the GMs job description.

Comment

its also a year later and denver has the added benefit of knowing melo wants to get an extension locked up before the CBA changes/lockout occurs. melo likely does not look at walking away at the end of the year as an option...Bosh did. completely different situation

Comment

CalgaryRapsFan wrote: View Post
                          Comparing the 2 trades is completely unfair. Others above have pointed out the differences between the 2 situations on the surface, but this 'Melo trade' involves a lot more assets than just Melo. Chauncy Billups is a great player and would bring back good talent and/or draft picks on his own. Now you're comparing a Bosh trade to a Melo & Billups trade... that's a superstar and all star being packaged together! Apples and oranges, IMO...
                          Well they could've packaged other stuff with Bosh too. And its still mainly the Melo deal.

But alright I get the point - basically everyone who responded does not think this trade has any relevance to the Raps.

heinz57 wrote: View Post
                          ya... it's totally BC's fault

he should have got a better crystal ball to look into the future and see bosh fuck over the team

all things mystical are in the GMs job description.
                          No its not a crystal ball. Were YOU surprised when Bosh didn't resign?

The signs were there based on logic and common sense. Most fans/observers/analysts knew it. BC handled it wrong and lost out on some assets for the organization.

Comment

A year ago at this time, playoffs or no, did any of you guys seriously think Bosh was going to resign in Toronto?

Comment

lol RUUU and I wrote almost the same thing at the same time... to follow up on that, I think if you asked any GM in any sport, would they trade their star player in the midst of a playoff run, even given the risk that he might walk at the end of the season - 100% of them would say no. Teams don't want to lose out playoff revenue (I know 2 games big deal), and the
                              'prestige' of being a playoff team. I do think there is a fair comparison here between Denver and Toronto. Both players drafted in the same year, and (were) the best players on their respective teams. The CBA situation has limited Melo's options in a way that didnt happen for Bosh (and LBJ, Wade, Amare etc.) Our team probably would have been better off if BC had of pulled the trigger on a deal back in the summer of '09, and blown up the roster back then. We would be one year further into a rebuild, and hopefully would have been closer to becoming a competitive team. However, most GM's halfway through their contract, having had their original gameplan (building around Bosh) fall flat on its face, wouldnt have the stones (brains) to pull off that kind of deal.

Comment

Working...
                              X