Playoffs.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playoffs.

Someone was saying on here how the season is over but that is just not true. We are currently 2 games back of Philidelphia for the 8th spot in the East.

I want to see our boys play some meaningful games for once, even if it means dropping a couple spots in the lottery or being swept by Miami or Boston.

For us to make the playoffs, we'll need DeMar to continue putting up numbers, or for Jay to start thinking defence, or both.

Comment

Once Brandon Jennings returns from his injury, I'm sure the Bucks will snap up the 8th seed.

But I would not at all be opposed at seeing this young team in the playoffs. The early exit will give them something to strive for years to come.
      Last edited by MangoKid; Tue Jan 11, 2011, 11:40 AM.

Comment

We are 3 games back of the 7th spot and 3 games back of being the worst team in the east. :|

Comment

why even bother with defense? if they're not doing it now they're not going to figure it out magically later on. you look at the roster and with the exception of davis there isn't a single player that has ever or will ever be known for being a decent defender. gonna need to overhaul most of the roster to ever be a defensive team. just try and score more.
          @sweatpantsjer

Comment

I would rather a top 8 pick over placing 8th in the east!
            Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

yeah that too
              @sweatpantsjer

Comment

Junior wrote: View Post
                Someone was saying on here how the season is over but that is just not true. We are currently 2 games back of Philidelphia for the 8th spot in the East.

I want to see our boys play some meaningful games for once, even if it means dropping a couple spots in the lottery or being swept by Miami or Boston.
                Philly has been banged up all season. Once they get healthy Toronto will be in their dust. Not to mention that the Bucks and Bobcats are better than the Raptors even if the record isn't showing it right now.

Comment

And the Bobcats have been playing much better under Paul Silas.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                    Once Brandon Jennings returns from his injury, I'm sure the Bucks will snap up the 8th seed.

But I would not at all be opposed at seeing this young team in the playoffs. The early exit will give them something to strive for years to come.
                    I'm just worried that it will make BCo overconfident and deluded, then he will do something retarded in the offseason that will cost us a draft pick.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                      I'm just worried that it will make BCo overconfident and deluded, then he will do something retarded in the offseason that will cost us a draft pick.
                      I wouldn't sell out the future just to make the playoffs this year and I'm sure (at least I hope...) Colangelo is smart enough to realize that as well.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        I wouldn't sell out the future just to make the playoffs this year and I'm sure (at least I hope...) Colangelo is smart enough to realize that as well.
                        I would agree. If anything a move might be done that costs the Raptors the playoffs. Although the only way that happens is if Calderon and Barbosa are traded for expirings, draft picks, or young players.

Comment

tonious35 wrote: View Post
                          You can clearly see that BC isn't going to do that. He traded like half the team for Bayless (and Peja but trade was mainly for Bayless).

Comment

It could be possible. Other teams may have injuries, but I think that we are pretty banged up too. Jose, Andrea, Kleiza, Amir and Ed were too banged up to practice. We know that Sonny and Bayless are banged up pretty bad too. Peja and Reggie haven't seen action in more than a month.

I realize that injuries are a part of life in the NBA and every team is struggling with injuries, but we seem to have taken more than our fair share. If we do get healthy, then why couldn't we make up a couple of games? Its more about heart with our team than talent, and we may make a go of it.

The trade deadline is approaching, and who knows what our team will look like. Some trades may be made that could change our trajectory. We could be competing for either 8th or last.
                            Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Comment

Working...
                            X