Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Like to hear the Pros and Cons on this possible trade.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Like to hear the Pros and Cons on this possible trade.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4p7q26q

The numbers work. I think both teams gain some benefit.

Tell me what you think.

Love it. We get solid (better) players and John Wall gets a pass first pg

Comment

I don't understand why Wash does this trade: They're adding longer-term players (Jose 3 yrs to Hinrichs 2) (klieza 3 yrs), an inconsistant wingman about to become an RFA, and they're giving up their top available trade chip (McGee).
      My guess is to make this trade realistic, we've got to throw in at least one draft pick. So, for me, I wouldn't do this trade.

Comment

I personally love the trade but WSH would not do. Why:

1) Hinrich is a better player next to Wall than Calderon would be. Hinrich is a very good defensive player who can shoot the 3 and create for others as well. Hinrich has one year at $8M versus Calderon 2 years at 9.7 and 10.5.

2) I don't think you get McGee unless you take back Lewis, give a draft pick that is higher than mid-late first round, make a draft day trade where WSH can trade up, or give up a young talent that is much better than Weems.

3) Thorton is an expiring who will be lucky to get more than the minimum next year. Kleiza is a 3/4 playing the same position with slightly worse skill set than Lewis who is making $21M next year and guaranteed $10M the next and possibly 23 depending on performance bonuses being met.

I love the trade from Raps perspective though.

Comment

I like it. But Washington probably doesn't.

Comment

Working...
          X