Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

PEJA - January 20 - mark it on your calendar!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PEJA - January 20 - mark it on your calendar!

Starting January 20, Peja can be packaged with any other Raptor player in a trade.

Post your best Peja trade. Try to make it as realistic as possible please.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5uy2j6y

76ers: Get a C and a SF to replace AI.

Bobcats: Get a PG who is back to playing well, Bobcats need to do something, Davis returns to Charlotte and plays for Silas again, re-teams with Jackson, and re-unites with GM Higgins. (It should be noted since Larry Brown was fired they are playing much better).

Clippers: gain incredible cap space, are left thin at PG however they have this years draft and T'WOlves pick next year to draft a PG for the future, financial flexibility to re-sign Jordan, a great 2,3,4,5 lineup.

Raptors: flip Diaw, see below.

Toronto then flips Diaw to OKC (Calderon is used because he and Diaw make roughly the same amount - DIAW is traded in this not Calderon!) in a 2-trade transaction:

1) http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=473ekgw
    2) http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4uch7ag

OKC needs help at 4. Diaw puts up similar numbers to Green however he is a much better defender of the 4. Barbosa is good off the bench at the 2 guard and back up PG for Westbrook - much like his role behind Nash in PHX. Harden starts at 2 and Sefolosha plays back up on the wings. OKC, IMO, needs some experience mixed with all their young talent.

TOR gets Green, 3rd string PG in Ivey, and expiring contracts.

What is your best Peja inspired trade?
    Last edited by mcHAPPY; Wed Jan 12, 2011, 09:20 PM.

You just melted my brain, but kudos for the original proposal.
    Re: the OKC trade, all reports are that Sam Presti is going to let his team develop organically from within, as opposed to making a move like this. I like Green, but don't we already have enough PF's? Can he play the 3 for us?

Comment

duncan wrote: View Post
      Re: the OKC trade, all reports are that Sam Presti is going to let his team develop organically from within, as opposed to making a move like this. I like Green, but don't we already have enough PF's? Can he play the 3 for us?
      Green isn't a PF. He plays PF but he is a SF. On any other team in the league he is a SF.

I think Presti is keeping his cards close to his chest. Ibaka is the future 4 of that team. Unfortunately for Green, but fortunately for whatever team gets him, he is the odd man out in OKC longer term. Diaw comes in with 1 more year on his contract - just enough for Ibaka to continue his development.

On second thought for that OKC trade, I'm going to take Maynor out and put Ivey in. It would be great for TOR but I think it is pushing the envelope with realism.

Comment

Green is a decent PF. But he is a great SF. Yes, I said great. One of the most underrated players in the NBA. Solid offense (can score from nearly everywhere, rather consistently) and very good defense. Very efficient player, good rebounder too. Only thing is that he was slotted at the 4 in OKC because Durant is too skinny to play the 4.

Comment

JoePanini wrote: View Post
          Green is a decent PF. But he is a great SF. Yes, I said great. One of the most underrated players in the NBA. Solid offense (can score from nearly everywhere, rather consistently) and very good defense. Very efficient player, good rebounder too. Only thing is that he was slotted at the 4 in OKC because Durant is too skinny to play the 4.
          OK guys, you got me, he's a great SF, and guess what; we've got a glaring hole at SF. Isn't Green an RFA this offseason? Will there be a lot of interest in him? What's more, it's been well-covered how tight that team (he and KD in particular) is. Will the team step up and "overpay" him to keep everyone happy? Or will Green relent, and sign a contract for less than market value to keep himself happy and secure?

Comment

Here's one that might work, I don't know, it's so hard to evaluate the motivation of teams needs vs how they value their players. So, have a look, and keep in mind that both Tor and Dal will probably have to include some Draft Picks to make PHI happy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4h9vfjy

Comment

Here's one that won't work until Feb 18th (2 days b4 the deadline), and keep in mind that it is going to require the Suns to come to the realization that they need to re-tool. It will obviously require the raps to include (probably) multiple draft picks, and then a seperate trade of Jose somewhere else. Pipe dream, but would do great things to our starting 5.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=46f6uv4

Comment

Here's one that gets the Raps involved in the Melo Drama. No players returning, but maybe by facilitating the trade, we can get a 1st rounder from Jersey, and a 2nd rounder from Det?

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4chylqf

Comment

Here's one that might work, I don't know, it's so hard to evaluate the motivation of teams needs vs how they value their players. So, have a look, and keep in mind that both Tor and Dal will probably have to include some Draft Picks to make PHI happy.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4h9vfjy
                  This one I don't know about. I know Stefanski has come out and said that they wouldn't get rid of Iguodala just for salary cap purposes. But I'm sure if you include the Brand salary, they just might.

Comment

Here's one where the league's cheapest owner (Sterling) decides to shed some salary, and the raps decide to screw up their cap flexibility post-CBA by taking on salary. There'd probably have to be some tinkering with this, like adding Alabi, or some draft picks going one way or the other; honestly, I can't even tell whats fair any more, the Trade Machine has turned me into some kind of junkie, and I can't think straight.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=45j62df

Comment

Here's one where the league's cheapest owner (Sterling) decides to shed some salary, and the raps decide to screw up their cap flexibility post-CBA by taking on salary. There'd probably have to be some tinkering with this, like adding Alabi, or some draft picks going one way or the other; honestly, I can't even tell whats fair any more, the Trade Machine has turned me into some kind of junkie, and I can't think straight.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=45j62df
                      From a Toronto standpoint, that's a fantastic trade. Even if you take out Jordan, it's still a fantastic trade for Toronto. I don't think they do that deal with Jordan in it. With a straight up Peja for Kaman deal, it sheds salary from LA's standpoint, and they can go forward with Jordan as their starting 5. Kaman would give this team it's best low post player since the AD/Oak days.
                      That would be a win-win deal.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        This one I don't know about. I know Stefanski has come out and said that they wouldn't get rid of Iguodala just for salary cap purposes. But I'm sure if you include the Brand salary, they just might.
                        Of course Stefanski has said that; he's got to keep up public apperances and keep his bargining power strong. And it's not like they're strictly trading him for salary relief, like I said, there's got to be some picks handed their way. I don't know how we can include Brand in this; where's he going, who's taking on that salary, and how are the salaries going to match up? Dallas doesn't have the assets to give up, (they're loath to give up Ricky B as is), and we don't want/need Brand. It would have to be some kind of very convaluted 4 team trade to include Brand.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                          From a Toronto standpoint, that's a fantastic trade. Even if you take out Jordan, it's still a fantastic trade for Toronto. I don't think they do that deal with Jordan in it. With a straight up Peja for Kaman deal, it sheds salary from LA's standpoint, and they can go forward with Jordan as their starting 5. Kaman would give this team it's best low post player since the AD/Oak days.
                          That would be a win-win deal.
                          You're right, it's one-sided with Jordan in it, but maybe BC actually plays hardball with the Clips (not like the Indy trade), and we're able to pry him away, or sweeten the pot with Alabi and/or picks. BTW, it does work as a straight-up Peja/Kaman trade, but don't tell LA that!! (lol)

Comment

You're right, it's one-sided with Jordan in it, but maybe BC actually plays hardball with the Clips (not like the Indy trade), and we're able to pry him away, or sweeten the pot with Alabi and/or picks. BTW, it does work as a straight-up Peja/Kaman trade, but don't tell LA that!! (lol)
                            The Clips would probably take that deal and run. Saving 10 mil + (from Sterling's POV), yes please!

Comment

Here's one where one of the league's most cash-strapped owners (MJ) decides to shed salary, and the raps re-vamp their starting lineup, although they would be hindering themselves post-CBA. Char would require draft picks from both Dal and Tor, I would imagine.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=5t263h2

Comment

Working...
                              X