Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ATL Post game

Too bad.

There was a lot of good in the game and some disappointing stuff (Amir and Jose go from heroes to goats).

DD growing pains continue. I do not know why they stopped going to him after the first quarter. In the second half all rhythm and momentum, gone! TO's and no calls, ugh. Keep working, DeMar.

THe bottom line is: the Raps had a chance to win, Barbosa is killing it all game driving (they are only down 1, remember), and Jose tries to get a layup over/around Horford? What?!? That is on you JT.

Last play sucked - Jose driving against Horford ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
    Fuckn' Bargnani was wide open behind you Jose WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN
    Should have been Barbosa driving
    Coaching FAIL

And Derozan you MORON fouling 3 pt shooters TWICE

Comment

OTFP wrote: View Post
      Last play sucked - Jose driving against Horford ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME
      Fuckn' Bargnani was wide open behind you Jose WIIIIIIIIIIDE OPEN
      Should have been Barbosa driving
      Coaching FAIL

And Derozan you MORON fouling 3 pt shooters TWICE
      Definately should have been Barbosa, but Atlanta was playing serious defense on the inbound, so it could have been a 2nd/3rd resort?
      And ya those fouls on the outside were brutal. Derozans on JJ from 3 was all Joshson just being crafty and shooting through Derozans out stretched arm. ala Paul Peirce. Hate that move, but it works.

Comment

Not giving the ball to Blur or Bargs on that 2nd last play was just so bad. And Jose can't blow by Horford. Shit, we couldn't just have ran a P&R with Blur and Bargs...?

Comment

Wow! This game should never have come down to the last play. The referees absolutly crushed us. I mean you figure when your playing at home you would get a larger percentage of the breaks clearly the refs must have forgotten what home court advantage means. When the road team shoots over 70% of the free throws you know something is wrong... Also ever since Triano called the referees out on Derzon not getting the respect of the officals they must have took exception because he gets almost no calls since then.

Comment

Solid overall effort. The Hawks are a team that have owned us the last 2 years, so even though it sucks to lose this one, we did surprisingly well.

I was definitely annoyed that they went away from Derozan though, with 9pts after 1 quarter, I was expecting a 30 point game.

Comment

It really sucks when a team plays hard and the fucking refs control the game.
              I dont know why they even reviewed who touched the ball last when JC drove, they shouldve reviewed if Horford committed the foul, NBA is such bullshit. Even my 5 year old asked me, "why did the bigger guy push the smaller guy to the floor" i mean even my 5 year old knew it was a foul. i hope the lockout pushes through and all the refs get fired and replacements get called in. fucking zebras.
              We owned the hawks tonight, that stifling zone D was killer.
              the DD foul on crawford was a judgement error, but the offensive on amir was a fucking momentum killer.
              i liked the way JT handled derozan, he was scoring, but crawford was scoring more. he was essentially telling demar, if you dont play D, youre not getting shots. JT knows demar can make shots, but he has to show that he can play defense too.
              overall, the game was really good.

Comment

ATL missed ALOT of open shots tonight, so when they are down your suppose to put your foot down and feel the difference, guess we don't have enough strength in our legs to do that yet!

badly coached game IMO and did you see the post game interview with jay? If I were a betting man I would say it's the beginning of the end. What did he say?..."I ran the play for jose thinking that we had a foul coming to us." my question is why is he trying to put the game into the refs hands in the first place?

glad to see barbosa go off tonight.

Comment

That ilegal screen call was BS! Thats way to tough a call to make with the game on theline and the clocks winding down. that one call was the game. what a bunch shit.

Comment

In another thread, I said Bargnani and DeRozan would get less than 35 points and have less rebounds combined than either Horford or Smith. Well...

Bargnani/DeRozan - 35 points, 8 rebounds
                    Smith - 9 rebounds
                    Horford - 13 rebounds

(Ladies and Gentlemen... this is a BAD day for me)

BTW, heard the post game show on the Fan where they were whining about the refs... Yes, it's unfair that reputation sometimes dictates these things, but the Raptors made their bed. They rarely attack the bucket and have long been a finesse team. Until they start doing this stuff consistently, they won't earn respect.

Comment

This game was worth watching merely for the sight of DeRozan diving at that rolling ball and coming up with nothing. I mean, he didn't even touch it. ESPN is going to have him for lunch. Funniest thing I've seen all year. Really not a good game for DD after the first quarter.

I also get a chuckle out of watching Bargs go for rebounds and loose balls...about 1-2 seconds after the other team has firm possession of it. It's like he's in slow motion.

I thought the refs were right about the illegal screen. Amir was way too aggressive. Sucks, but correct. The touch foul on Crawford's three was not correct. That's Reggie Miller garbage and Crawford was bitching at the refs the whole game. Should have double t'd and tossed him.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post
                        In another thread, I said Bargnani and DeRozan would get less than 35 points and have less rebounds combined than either Horford or Smith. Well...

Smith - 9 rebounds
                        Horford - 13 rebounds

BTW, heard the post game show on the Fan where they were whining about the refs... Yes, it's unfair that reputation sometimes dictates these things, but the Raptors made their bed. They rarely attack the bucket and have long been a finesse team. Until they start doing this stuff consistently, they won't earn respect.
                        Wait what? Raptors rarely attack the bucket? Although Derozan shoots a bit too much considering he isn't a shooter, he attacks the rim a lot, and aside from 3 or 4 threes a game, all Barbosa does is drive to the basket. Even Bargnani has begun making a noticable effort of getting in the paint... and speaking of the paint, the Raptors are 4th in the NBA in points in the paint.

Anyways, the game was a great one, probably one of the 3 best I've watched this season. I really thought this game would go our way, but the few questionable calls really did us in, along with some questionable decisions in the clutch. It's this kind of overall effort that really makes me believe that this team is actually underacheiving and can still put some small runs together to make it to the playoffs.

Comment

DirtyMikeSeaver wrote: View Post

Smith - 9 rebounds
                          Horford - 13 rebounds

this is really what fucking irks me.

Teams shouldnt "earn" refs calls. calls are calls. if the refs see something, they should call it, but if they dont, then leave it be. Its total bullshit when somebody says "earn the respect of the refs to get the calls".

sorry to drop down on you man, but that game was totally decided on a bad call.

Comment

Copywryter wrote: View Post
                            This game was worth watching merely for the sight of DeRozan diving at that rolling ball and coming up with nothing. I mean, he didn't even touch it. ESPN is going to have him for lunch. Funniest thing I've seen all year. Really not a good game for DD after the first quarter.

I also get a chuckle out of watching Bargs go for rebounds and loose balls...about 1-2 seconds after the other team has firm possession of it. It's like he's in slow motion.

I thought the refs were right about the illegal screen. Amir was way too aggressive. Sucks, but correct. The touch foul on Crawford's three was not correct. That's Reggie Miller garbage and Crawford was bitching at the refs the whole game. Should have double t'd and tossed him.
                            sorry man but have to disagree on the illegal screen. amir stood his ground. it was replayed from both angles and it was very clear that amir had both his feet planted. what pissed me off was that they all started going downcourt instead of arguing the call.

i agree with the DD foul. you could see that crawford initiated the contact by purposely hitting demar with his right arm. it should have been an offensive foul coz it shouldve been interpreted as a ward-off. but ATL had 8 players on the court. what can you do.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              this is really what fucking irks me.

Teams shouldnt "earn" refs calls. calls are calls. if the refs see something, they should call it, but if they dont, then leave it be. Its total bullshit when somebody says "earn the respect of the refs to get the calls".

sorry to drop down on you man, but that game was totally decided on a bad call.
                              I don't disagree with you at all. I love the NBA (watching a fantastic Clippers/Heat game as I type this), but I'm well aware that there's been times in the recent history where the reffing has been a little WWEish. But they can't leave it to the refs at the end. The fact that they were put in a position where a bad call COULD affect the game, that's on them. This stuff all even out in the end anyway.

Going forward, I'm more interested on what they do to establish what kind of team they are. Boston, as much as people want to hate on them, establishes themselves as a tough, defensive team and are going to get the benefit of calls. Right now, I'm not quite sure WHAT kind of team the Raptors are and (like it or not) it affects the refs on how they call the games.

Comment

Working...
                              X