Raptors Will Make Moves After Melo Is Traded Out Of Denver

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raptors Will Make Moves After Melo Is Traded Out Of Denver

In the past, I've mentioned that the Toronto Raptors are a team to keep an eye on as the trade deadline approaches because of their young talent, expiring contracts, and large traded player exception. Once the drama surrounding Carmelo Anthony passes, league sources reiterated that they believe the Raptors will make a move. With so many teams waiting for a resolution on Anthony, Toronto has been limited in their discussions thus far. But once that's out of the way, one source said that they would be very surprised if the Raptors didn't make a move and described the front office as being "too quiet."

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1AwbY8DJ5

Fingers crossed.

Might be the case but I don't think it'll be too earth shattering. Maybe a move of expiring contracts or use the Trade Exemption but nothing to steal thunder. Things might stay quiet as BC stands pat with the youth movement.

Comment

not playing Peja maybe an indication that they have something in the works.
      If they really had planned to use Peja as a vital piece to this team, i dont think they wouldve taken him knowing he was injured.
      They took him coz they plan to make more moves.
      Ive got a feeling Weems might be on the move too.

Comment

Raptors Will Make Moves After Melo Is Traded Out Of Denver

In the past, I've mentioned that the Toronto Raptors are a team to keep an eye on as the trade deadline approaches because of their young talent, expiring contracts, and large traded player exception. Once the drama surrounding Carmelo Anthony passes, league sources reiterated that they believe the Raptors will make a move. With so many teams waiting for a resolution on Anthony, Toronto has been limited in their discussions thus far. But once that's out of the way, one source said that they would be very surprised if the Raptors didn't make a move and described the front office as being "too quiet."
        Source: HoopsWorld.com

Comment

I guess today's big Sundiata Gaines signing isn't really enough is it?

Seriously though, I'm really excited to see a move made. Plenty of possibilities and no real rumours yet...

Comment

I dont know about the logic of the argument that most trading action is dependent on the Carmelo situation. This after all involves just 3 teams (maybe 4 if you include the Knicks). And what happens if they go to the wire ...midnight of the deadline date to pull the trigger? Unless NJ or Denver are in play for the Raps something should happen regardless. With BC's track record I'd be surprised if nothing did.

Comment

Apollo, I already had it up under "idle speculation". You may want to merge the threads.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                I dont know about the logic of the argument that most trading action is dependent on the Carmelo situation. This after all involves just 3 teams (maybe 4 if you include the Knicks). And what happens if they go to the wire ...midnight of the deadline date to pull the trigger? Unless NJ or Denver are in play for the Raps something should happen regardless. With BC's track record I'd be surprised if nothing did.
                Everyone is waiting on that trade to go through as, reportedly, there are teams like HOU, GSW, and LAC who would make deals for Melo as a rental player. POR is waiting on it as are NJ, DET, NY. NY can't go after PG or C until all cleared up and they can't get him. Then you have teams like BOS, LAL, MIA, ORL, SAS, UTA who won't make a move. PHI if interested in trading AI is waiting for teams with the most interest in him (HOU) to finish with Melo. While not all trades are going to hingle on Melo, most of the major players in the trade market looking to trade this year are waiting, and waiting, just like the rest of us.

Comment

A rental trade would be the worst possible outcome for Denver. They would get back practically nothing unless the Nets were to make the deal regardless of Melo promising to signup and taking a chance they can convince him to stay.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post

Read more NBA news and insight: http://www.hoopsworld.com/Story.asp?...#ixzz1AwbY8DJ5

Fingers crossed.
                    lol yes matt52, usually teams with large trade exceptions are involved in some trades

any chance you know which players are being traded or which teams will be involved ?

Comment

UwanSUMhotFYUH wrote: View Post
                      lol yes matt52, usually teams with large trade exceptions are involved in some trades

any chance you know which players are being traded or which teams will be involved ?
                      Click the link. I didn't write it.

Comment

Bendit wrote: View Post
                        A rental trade would be the worst possible outcome for Denver. They would get back practically nothing unless the Nets were to make the deal regardless of Melo promising to signup and taking a chance they can convince him to stay.
                        If the Clippers are one of the teams willing to rent him (reportedly are), I wouldn't call a 28 year old allstar C when healthy and Al-Farouq Aminu nothing. It is better than what the Knicks are offering.

Comment

Melo seems to care deeply about the market. If the Clippers landed him while retaining Blake Griffin then who's to say he wouldn't want to stay? He's got a future superstar to play sidekick to him in L.A.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                            Melo seems to care deeply about the market. If the Clippers landed him while retaining Blake Griffin then who's to say he wouldn't want to stay? He's got a future superstar to play sidekick to him in L.A.
                            Not to mention to go to a city like LA. And they also have Bledsoe and Aminu who are very promising. And Jordan and Gordon who are already pretty good. A line-up of Bledsoe, Gordon, Anthony, Griffin, Jordan is scary. Extremely athletic, not to mention young.

Comment

They need to trade something.

Comment

Working...
                              X