AP18- Raptor Once More?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AP18- Raptor Once More?

Does anyone get the feeling Anthony Parker will be back on the Raps next year? Call it a hunch..

I don't feel that way. AP can still hit that corner 3 and I'm sure he'd want to play for a winner and get a ring instead of coming back here.

Comment

Maybe in the coaching staff ... as much as I like him, next year AP will be more or less 75 years old .

Comment

don't think so

Comment

AP's in as good shape as Ray Allen, minus the ankle issues. It wouldn't surprise me if he was the 8th man on a contender.
          It's about money

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
            Does anyone get the feeling Anthony Parker will be back on the Raps next year? Call it a hunch..
            I bet he's moved before the deadline. I think Chicago makes perfect sense as a place for him to end his career. Traded then re-signed. He's from Illinois, the Bulls are rumored to be interested in him and they're a very good team.
            Two names that have been mentioned recently are Anthony Parker and Tony Allen, according to sources. Chicago has shown interest in each player and will monitor their situations as the trade deadline approaches.
            Source: BradleyHoops.com

Comment

I am NOT an AP fan, his sideways-fading jumper always made me cringe. BUT, i think a classy guy like him would be a good mentor for our "youth movement". He is still pretty spry, and I think would be a good motivator/postive influence in the locker room. He must have good relations with Bryco still, since BC pretty much got him back into the NBA.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                I bet he's moved before the deadline. I think Chicago makes perfect sense as a place for him to end his career. Trade then re-signed. He's from Illinois, the Bulls are rumored to be interested in him and they're a very good team.Source: BradleyHoops.com
                Allen fits more as an athletic player (he's also from the Chicago area) that the Bulls have been long looking for at the 2-spot and I'm sure Memphis wouldn't mind parting with him after the altercation he had with Mayo.
                However, he would probably come at a higher price tag than AP.

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                  I am NOT an AP fan, his sideways-fading jumper always made me cringe. BUT, i think a classy guy like him would be a good mentor for our "youth movement". He is still pretty spry, and I think would be a good motivator/postive influence in the locker room. He must have good relations with Bryco still, since BC pretty much got him back into the NBA.
                  He can go to another team and be a mentor. Chances are, he probably will.

Comment

isn't he retiring at the end of the year?
                    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

one of my favorite all time raptors, up there with alvin williams. great teammate, always played his hardest and model citizen. any team would be lucky to have him. i hope he wins a championship.
                      @sweatpantsjer

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                        Allen fits more as an athletic player (he's also from the Chicago area) that the Bulls have been long looking for at the 2-spot and I'm sure Memphis wouldn't mind parting with him after the altercation he had with Mayo.
                        However, he would probably come at a higher price tag than AP.
                        But they already have Ronnie Brewer as an athletic SG. Their whole team is a full of young athletic guys. I think their interest in Parker is to add a solid two way veteran player. Parker can hit open shots all night long. Tony Allen is more of a redundant piece for them.

Comment

are we talking about Anthony Parker... really... it's just AP

Comment

I havent heard him go mushy about the Raps in recent interviews (unless specifically asked) so i dont think he has the desire to play here. Usually players his age and where he's at in his career, they either go to contenders or go to teams where they want to finish their careers in. Unless he realizes that the Raps was the team that gave him a chance to come back to the NBA then i dont see him asking to be traded here and certainly we wont have much use for him so i dont think BC will work on a trade to get him back.

id probably take Jamario back and then send him to the dleague just to piss him off. That guy is a complete waste of talent. He's got major hops but decided that the three point shot will be his weapon of choice. If he carried that to a fight, he'd be dead in 2 seconds.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
                              I havent heard him go mushy about the Raps in recent interviews (unless specifically asked) so i dont think he has the desire to play here. Usually players his age and where he's at in his career, they either go to contenders or go to teams where they want to finish their careers in. Unless he realizes that the Raps was the team that gave him a chance to come back to the NBA then i dont see him asking to be traded here and certainly we wont have much use for him so i dont think BC will work on a trade to get him back.

id probably take Jamario back and then send him to the dleague just to piss him off. That guy is a complete waste of talent. He's got major hops but decided that the three point shot will be his weapon of choice. If he carried that to a fight, he'd be dead in 2 seconds.
                              Hahahha, bring him back then send him to the D League. Erie Bayhawks, meet Jamario Moon.

Comment

Working...
                              X