Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DeRozan's Defense Worse than Bargnani's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

666 wrote: View Post
    It's a good think Derozon is shining offensively because his defense is awful... and I would say worse than Bargnani's.
    Fouling a 3 point shooter twice is pathetic, especially in the same half. For someone so "athletic" he also can't keep guys in front of him. His IQ will improve but considering his athleticism he should be a far better defender. Derozan being a SG picks up fouls like Amir. Someone mentioned impatience. That's correct but a nice way of saying lacks discipline and takes unnecessary risks.

Derozan will also bulk up with age which will benefit him, but now his defense is atrocious.
    Apolo meant that we3 the fans are impatient , not Derozan...

Comment

In addition

1. A Guard usually has to guard only the Guard that he is guarding
      2. A Center has to not only guard the opposing Center but also has to guard any player that penetrates the paint. So a center has to guard a lot more players than a Guard does.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

True but I'd argue there are more Cs than SGs of high caliber in the league.

Guarding a post player in the college level and beyond is like a wrestling match. Physically exhausting. I'd rather chase a guy on the perimeter off screens and make him beat me with a jumpshot then be bodied by a big man.

Yes it is a general statement but take Kobe and Shaq in their prime. Who would you rather guard. Shaq is the tougher guard. No one can defend an elite center. There's more intricacies to guarding a bigman. Fighting for rebounds is a big component that guards don't deal with as much.
        What are you talking about lol. IMO both can be challenging but i couldnt imagine trying to keep up with the like of kobe all night or playing perfect D on ray allen jsut to have him drain 3's in ur face all night...

Comment

I am starting to have some reservations whether DeRozan has the ability and desire to be a good defensive player.

I don't think that there has been much if any improvement in his defense so far this season vs his rookie year.

Yes he still has age and lack of experience on his side but he has such a long way to go to be a decent NBA defender and it appears that at this point he is not improving.

So I have some reservations about him becoming a decent NBA defender at some point.

Hopefully I will be wrong.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            Once the brakes are put on the Feds printing money in excess and devaluing the dollar gold will crash.
            Once the U.S. loses it's reserve currency status and their economy fails(as in dollar crash) you're actually going to see gold go much higher but we getting a little to far off course now I think...

Comment

buddahfan another post that does not really need much thinking for an answer...You just have to wake up for a split second to realize that DeRozan's everything is worse than Bargnani's, including his girlfriend. Bargnani is way better at all aspects of the game.

Comment

The only difference between Bargs and DeMar in their second year comparisons was that Andrea wasn't allowed to be this bad. If Andrea sneezed at the wrong time during a game, Mitchell yanked him. I think they're both bad and both have the potential to "not get it".
                “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Comment

Well I mostly played SF which required chasing guys and fighting for rebounds. I'd rather chase people off screens any day of the week. I did not play at a D1 or NBA level so it is what it is though.

About the center position, I think it's only fair to have to introduce some PFs. With SGs you can also add some PGs. SFs can play both but also lean to SG. I think the C/PF group is tougher to defend though. Nothing wrong with some disagreement. We are on a forum.

Sole SGs:
                  Kobe Byrant, Ray Allen, Kevin Martin, Eric Gordon, Manu Ginobilli.

Sole Cs:
                  Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Will Bynum

Edge: Sole SGs

Mixed SGs:
                  Dwayne Wade, Monta Ellis, Jason Terry, Rodney Stuckey, Gilbert Arenas

Mixed Cs:
                  Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, Kevin Love, LeMarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Luis Scola, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, Al Horford, Nene Hilario, Elton Brand

Edge: Mixed Cs

Overall Edge: Cs
                  Will Bynum a center? RFLMAO - Actually I have made the same mistake myself

No Bargnani in the list - 1 Month in the penalty box, 4sure

I am not sure what you mean by mixed. If you mean players that play multiple positions then I would have a beef with your list of mixed Centers.

A lot of the guys you put on the Mixed Centers list only play Center in an emergency but hell even Amir Johnson has played Center in an emergency.

The only guys that I would keep on a the mixed Centers list are Nene, Duncan, Gasol, Horford and Jefferson.

Comment

Balls of Steel wrote: View Post
                    The only difference between Bargs and DeMar in their second year comparisons was that Andrea wasn't allowed to be this bad. If Andrea sneezed at the wrong time during a game, Mitchell yanked him. I think they're both bad and both have the potential to "not get it".
                    +1

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                      Once the U.S. loses it's reserve currency status and their economy fails(as in dollar crash) you're actually going to see gold go much higher but we getting a little to far off course now I think...
                      Fine you can keep or put your money into gold at this point and lose your financial ass.

Don't say I didn't warn you.

You really need to understand what happened in the November 2010 elections in America.

Until you do your thinking about gold prices over the next two years will be wrong unless you change your position to agree with mine.

For starters look at the chart of $HUI

A classic H & S Reversal

http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=%24HUI
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Sat Jan 15, 2011, 11:55 AM.

Comment

Pizzaman;59712[COLOR="Red" wrote:
                        ]buddahfan another post that does not really need much thinking for an answer..[/COLOR].You just have to wake up for a split second to realize that DeRozan's everything is worse than Bargnani's, including his girlfriend. Bargnani is way better at all aspects of the game.
                        Thanks for the complement.

You always want to keep your writing at the lowest level of understanding to increase your reading audience.

Comment

Well I mostly played SF which required chasing guys and fighting for rebounds. I'd rather chase people off screens any day of the week. I did not play at a D1 or NBA level so it is what it is though.

About the center position, I think it's only fair to have to introduce some PFs. With SGs you can also add some PGs. SFs can play both but also lean to SG. I think the C/PF group is tougher to defend though. Nothing wrong with some disagreement. We are on a forum.

Sole SGs:
                          Kobe Byrant, Ray Allen, Kevin Martin, Eric Gordon, Manu Ginobilli.

Sole Cs:
                          Dwight Howard, Brook Lopez, Roy Hibbert, Marc Gasol, Will Bynum

Edge: Sole SGs

Mixed SGs:
                          Dwayne Wade, Monta Ellis, Jason Terry, Rodney Stuckey, Gilbert Arenas

Mixed Cs:
                          Amare Stoudemire, Blake Griffin, Tim Duncan, Kevin Love, LeMarcus Aldridge, Zach Randolph, Luis Scola, Chris Bosh, Pau Gasol, Al Jefferson, Al Horford, Nene Hilario, Elton Brand

Edge: Mixed Cs

Overall Edge: Cs
                          Well, first of all, you'd have to throw in SFs, too, which changes the balance considerably. And since Bargnani is usually asked to defend the lesser big man, he doesn't usually defend those elite level player. Playing New York, he's usually put on guys like Mosgov, not Amare. DeRozen doesn't usually have the luxury of defending the weaker front court player, especially with Kleiza on the floor.
                          Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                          Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Working...
                          X