Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is DeRozan's Defense Worse than Bargnani's?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is DeRozan's Defense Worse than Bargnani's?

Unfortunately from what I have observed DeRozan's defense is definitely worse than Bargnani's defense

What do you guys/gals think?

Does DeRozan's defense suck or what?

It is almost as bad as Johnson's mental lapses and foul problem
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

fouling a 3 point shooter twice the other night was ridiculous (tho the one time crawford embellished it a little)
    @sweatpantsjer

Comment

yes sir it is! do I think he can fix it- absolutely

Comment

DeRozan is making mistakes due to a lack of experience. He has all the tools to be a very good defender. He has the work ethic and conditioning to make it happen. The better question is to ask how they compare at age 21. Wait, Bargnani was only a rookie who was so weak and lost that Jose Calderon could probably post him up all night long.
        Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 01:11 PM.

Comment

DeRozan will improve his defense. He's 21, 6'7 and is a freak athlete. I would still give him time, he doesn't have that many games under his belt

Comment

Exactly. People forget that three years ago one of his biggest concerns was if he could afford a limo to go to the prom. Give the kid time. He received basic defensive training in high school. His head was spinning for most of his one year of college and ditto for his rookie season as a pro.
            Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 01:17 PM.

Comment

Of course his defence is worse than bargs right now....its kinda atrocious. Bargs can cover his man 1 on 1 , without too much of an issue, Demar can't do tat. The problem with bargs is well, his team D is atrocious. However.... Demar as said by a few people already is that he is young so he can still learn atleast same with bargs to a point and on top of this this is trash or close to it, so let demar attempt to play some D i guess.

Comment

Only Jose has been worse than Andrea this year defensively. Demar's has been poor, but not that poor.

Comment

Joe Johnson completely sold that greasy call. Same with Crawford. Derozan lapsed for a second with his hands somewhat down and Johnson reacted and sold it big time, doesnt deserve a foul for that ugly shit.

Comment

STOP hating on my boy ppl. I can bank on the fact that he will continue to improve his O and find his niche on D. Like Appolo said DeMar makes mistakes because of his lack of inexperience. Give him time people and get off his back.
                    We all make mistakes... Tanking is not the answer.. This squad can ball! Let it roll!!

Comment

I think it's more impatience than anything. I've been going on these board for a very long time now and any rookie the Raptors have ever drafted who wasn't an instant smash(Carter and Mighty Mouse) gets tossed under the bus with any and all opportunities. It's why, if the fans were to decide, Bargnani wouldn't have lasted in Toronto any longer than November 2006. It's my belief you need to use the "NFL Receiver Rule" on most rookies. That "rule" is you need to wait at least three full seasons before you can determine any real idea of what a player could amount to.
                      Last edited by Apollo; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

at derozan's age, i was busy trying to steal other people's crappy spit in draught beer at the brunny, haggling lap dance discounts from strippers for weed, and trying to convince girls to tug it in the back row of movie theatres... so i think he's doing just fine.

give him time to grow up.

Comment

It's a good think Derozon is shining offensively because his defense is awful... and I would say worse than Bargnani's.

Fouling a 3 point shooter twice is pathetic, especially in the same half. For someone so "athletic" he also can't keep guys in front of him. His IQ will improve but considering his athleticism he should be a far better defender. Derozan being a SG picks up fouls like Amir. Someone mentioned impatience. That's correct but a nice way of saying lacks discipline and takes unnecessary risks.

Derozan will also bulk up with age which will benefit him, but now his defense is atrocious.
                          Last edited by 666; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 02:57 PM.

Comment

No.

The talent Derozan is facing at the SG position every game pales in comparison to that Bargs is facing.

Although I do agree that Derozan is not a good defender.

Comment

The SG position typically has the best athlete and shooter combo on a team. Guarding them is a tough assignment. Anticipation is a big asset to have here and DD can only get that with experience and knowing the tendencies of his peers.

Comment

Working...
                              X