Is Detroit tonight a 'should' win?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Detroit tonight a 'should' win?

Was thinking about this. They clearly have a better roster on paper.
    They have more veteran, talented guys.
    And yet it really feels like this SHOULD be a win for a us tonight. No?
    Is that just because of their record? Or does it speak to a lack of respect for the Pistons at this point, so soon after being the 'King of the Ball' so to speak?

Should win? Did the Pistons not spank us in the last meeting? They also had a massive lead on us before that monumental collapse in December. Pistons should win by 5-6 tonight.

EDIT: I just came up with the point margin arbitrarily. I figure that the Raps might keep it close because the game's at home.
    Last edited by MangoKid; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 03:06 PM.

Comment

This is a rebuilding team. No game is a "should win". The Pistons have enough talent to thump the Raptors if they enter the game sleeping.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
        Was thinking about this. They clearly have a better roster on paper.
        They have more veteran, talented guys.
        And yet it really feels like this SHOULD be a win for a us tonight. No?
        Is that just because of their record? Or does it speak to a lack of respect for the Pistons at this point, so soon after being the 'King of the Ball' so to speak?
        You have forgotten old, washed up T-mac that we gave the fountain of youth to(Since that game, he has been playing solid minutes, putting up points and assists like a point guard lol). We basically resurrected his career. Lmao.

Comment

It's a must win. Detroit's record isn't much worse than ours and they have more talent, but these next two against Detroit and Washington are winnable games that we need to win. The schedule gets tough up ahead so we need at least one of the two games so that we don't end up on a losing skid when it comes to facing Orlando and Miami. I thought we would hang on against Atlanta. That would have been a morale booster.

Comment

Raptors are -5.5. They should have this, last time they played the pistons they were extremely beat up. That's not the case this time around.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
              This is a rebuilding team. No game is a "should win". The Pistons have enough talent to thump the Raptors if they enter the game sleeping.
              This.

Watch for T-mac finding the fountain of youth again.

The Raptors are an inconsistent bunch and you never know what are you going to get from each player night in and night out.

Comment

I'd have had a "should win" for this game but our pg injury problems (Jose & Jerryd) and with Gaines probably playing this changes. It would be disappointing even then if we lost because of the positives in the last game.

We sometimes tend to underestimate how important it is to have a injury free roster and decided/fixed rotations (both a problem this year). Check what a missing Nowitzki or Butler does for the Mavs or Lebron last game for the Heat or for that matter the Cavs (ok LJ is special).

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                  Completely agree. I'm more asking if anyone else FEELS like this should be a win. I've acknowledged the discrepancy between talent among the clubs, but perhaps the discrepancy between consistency lies in the favour of the Raptors.

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  The Raptors are an inconsistent bunch and you never know what are you going to get from each player night in and night out.
                  I think the same can be said of the Pistons. Which is probably wherein lies my confidence that perhaps they are slightly more inconsistent than the home team.

Comment

Working...
                  X