Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whos fault?

The Amir Johnson turnover.

Jack was saying that Wright should have pulled the ball out and got Bargs the ball.

I agree Bargs should have had the ball, but IMO, what the hell was Jose thinking? The hawks game he butchered the 'final' poseesion too by rushing and forcing things. I think it is Jose's fault for not pulling back when bargnani ran his nuts off and was buried in the paint.... Jack blames wright...

What do you think?

Discuss.

At that point in the game you are looking for a quick hit if it is there, Jose may have saw Wright open for a pocket 3 with Andrea in great rebounding position....that being said, if Wright was not pulling the trigger he should have taken care of the ball and not zipped that pass in there, looking for the hot hand of Bargnani.
    Twitter @WJ_FINDLAY

Comment

The only thing I can hope, for Jose's sake, is he was thinking with deep position Wright would have a better angle to get him the ball. No way would I pass that ball to Julian to give him an opportunity to score. I don't care how wide open he is, I don't want Julian Wright shooting 3's with 7 minutes to go in the 2nd quarter up by 23.

The biggest problem with the Raptors is they don't know how to win and they don't know how to play to the best of their ability. It seems they play to the level of their opponent. Overall, inexperience in pressure situations and inconsistency prevail again.

Comment

As I said with the Atlanta game, these type of games never come down to just ONE possession. It's a series of unfortunate events that ultimately lead to the loss. I can think of 5 ridiculous turnovers, that just because they weren't at the end of the game, doesn't make them any less of a contribution to the loss.
        Its never on one guy, or one play. Its a team effort. Win of Lose.

Comment

common seriously, who gets picked by a rookie in fucking crunch time????????? seriously?
          its really disappointing. everytime amir has the ball, i cringe and try to look away, it seems he's either going to slip or dribble the ball on his foot, or, like what always happens, it gets swiped from him.

this is why its important to have superstars on your team, players who can handle the ball, make plays and win the game for you. clearly this is why calderon is not a starter, coz starters dont just start, but finish games as well. its not finding the open man, its finding the man who can get the ball in the hoop. give the ball to bargs, he's your man, he might miss the shot but you know he has the best chance of making that shot.

it seems like with each and every game, only bargs, DD and Calderon have shown major improvement. davis is showing some flash too but still a long way to go. bayless, he started out good but kinda put himself in a hole. amir and kleiza, man, id rather not say anything.

Comment

Too many missed rebounding opportunities. Boxing out half the time, mostly on makes. It also comes down to the fact that we aren't very good. What a waste of $70 and 5.5 hours of driving from and back to ROC.

Comment

tbihis wrote: View Post
              common seriously, who gets picked by a rookie in fucking crunch time????????? seriously?
              its really disappointing. everytime amir has the ball, i cringe and try to look away, it seems he's either going to slip or dribble the ball on his foot, or, like what always happens, it gets swiped from him.

this is why its important to have superstars on your team, players who can handle the ball, make plays and win the game for you. clearly this is why calderon is not a starter, coz starters dont just start, but finish games as well. its not finding the open man, its finding the man who can get the ball in the hoop. give the ball to bargs, he's your man, he might miss the shot but you know he has the best chance of making that shot.

it seems like with each and every game, only bargs, DD and Calderon have shown major improvement. davis is showing some flash too but still a long way to go. bayless, he started out good but kinda put himself in a hole. amir and kleiza, man, id rather not say anything.

Amir is fifth best on the Raptors in Turnover Percentage.

His TOV% is lower than

Weems
              Kleiza
              Bayless
              Calderon
              Wright
              Evans
              Dorsey
              Last edited by Buddahfan; Fri Jan 14, 2011, 11:55 PM.
              Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
              Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Mal wrote: View Post
                Too many missed rebounding opportunities. Boxing out half the time, mostly on makes. It also comes down to the fact that we aren't very good. What a waste of $70 and 5.5 hours of driving from and back to ROC.
                where the fugg is ROC?

Sucks, but why the hell would you pick a Pistons game to come to? even if they won...

Hope you have more fun next time.
                Last edited by minks77; Sat Jan 15, 2011, 12:01 AM.
                LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

Amir is fifth best on the Raptors in Turnover Percentage.

His TOV% is lower than

Weems
                  Kleiza
                  Bayless
                  Calderon
                  Wright
                  Evans
                  Dorsey
                  I don't think he's only speaking of Amir's TO rate. I mean he makes some nice plays but alos makes an equal amount of boneheaded plays. Moving screens, charges, that whack looking foul line extended jumper... and we aren't even talking Defence.
                  LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

the ball went into the corner, they got up on jose so the ball is not going to be able to be passed back without literally running over there and giving him the ball. Amir seeing the situation made a cut, wright made the correct pass, the rookie made a good play and made sure amir could not get up a shot. There was no call as there should be in the final seconds of the game and that's the game folks.

The game was lost in the first half, Jay's comments in the post game boggle my mind if you as a head coach are not going to put the right players on the floor to prevent mismatches like calderon guarding T-mac in the post with no help or demar guarding t-mac in the post with no help then a team is going to expose and exploit your coaching and your players by running the same play over and over and over again. As long as t-mac was on the floor wright should have been on the floor to take away the post up then you suppose to add a weak side shot blocker to take away the drive which then forcing DET to run plays to get what they want on the offensive end of the floor. This is chess not checkers why should DET run plays if they don't need to, they already know the mismatches they want to exploit in the game and Jay gave it to them without them doing a thing.

end of rant.

Comment

thumbs up to your rant, I agree 100%
                      LET'S GO RAP-TORS!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                      X