Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anthony Randolph for Miami's 1st Rounder?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
    Ok, I'm done with this. The thread was 'Do you do it', you clearly do. Settled.
    (But for fun, lets say the CBA gets figured out, Melo lets his contract run out and decides to SIGN with the Knicks. You don't think Walsh has thought of this scenario? Or for CP3 next year? $14mil off the books, is HUGE. For any team.)

But can you answer my question, please?
    Do you trade Ed Davis for Anthony Randolph?
    Would I? I might.
    The thing about the #13 selection and Davis was that Davis wasn't scheduled to fall..at least not to #13. Prior to the draft, there was no way you could tell that he would draft that far. He was scheduled to go between 7-9.
    Let me ask you this then: Would you trade Patrick Patterson for Randolph? What about for Tyler Hansborough or Earl Clark? What about Rashad McCants or Brandon Rush or Antoine Wright? #13-14 picks are lotto picks yes, but they're fringe lotto picks. Once in a while, you'll have a deep draft with talented guys (Bryant, Nash were #13 picks), but this draft isn't so much. By acquiring Randolph with a low lotto pick, he'd have more talent than anyone available at that selection. And he's young enough. If I'm Indiana, I'd pull the trigger on it. Hell, if I'm Memphis or Houston (13 and 14 right now), I'd take it.

The problem in all of this is that you're thinking you can get the guy for the #29 pick. Donnie Walsh would not even entertain that offer. If you're of the thought that we could offer Evans, the problem is.. who's coming back the other way? Evans and draft selection for Randolph doesn't work and the Knicks are in desperate need for bodies, so chances are, they won't be sending 2-3 guys to match up salaries.

As for expirings, Felton is playing quite well at the moment for a fraction of the cost, so I don't think it's paramount for the Knicks to go out and get Paul. In addition, if that was to happen, especially with the new CBA, Anthony and Amare are going to have to take paycuts to make that work.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
      Ok, I'm done with this. The thread was 'Do you do it', you clearly do. Settled.
      That's also like saying - Lebron James for Peja Stojakovic. Do you do it? Yeah, but does it happen? No.

Comment

Working...
      X