Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Corner Has Been Turned

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Kleiza is like Jefferson of the Spurs last year, shooting percentages were down and his play was lackluster, but look at what is happening this year not that the team has chemistry. Give him time to readjust to the NBA game and have the coaches and himself figure things out and all will be fine.
    This is where you are wrong my friend. It was not time that fixed Jefferson's game. It was Pop going to him at the end of last season and telling him he needs to get his ASS to Gym all summer long and Pop and his assistants will work with him ONE-on-ONE the whole time or he is gonna get traded

Do you think Jay will do the same !!

Raptors Republic Rookie Hellgate's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Buddahfan wrote: View Post
    I was a big fan of Bayless, as readers here know, when he first came to the Raptors.

However, from what I have seen from his play and heard from him in interviews along with the fact that he keeps getting traded from one team to another it seems highly likely that he has a big attitude problem. This is not good.

At this point the Raptors should look to move him next summer unless he get his head in the right place.

He really has an attitude problem. When you watch him play and listen to him in interviews he comes across as "I am the greatest" and any problems that exist when I am on the court are because of other players.

Another Jack but more extreme.

However, since he is still young the Raptors may give him a chance through the end of the season unless Gaines can do the job.
    Bayless doesn't have a bad attitude. He just hates to lose.
    Last edited by Hellgate; Tue Jan 18th, 2011 at 01:40 AM. Reason: mis spelling

Raptors Republic Rookie CalibreMC's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    The main point on Linas is that I don't think we should give up on him, I think he will still show us more than he has. The only wing player I would not be sad to see go is Weems, he is undersized for the 3 and is redundant with DeRozan on the team.
    He is not redundant with DeRozan on the team...he makes a decent bench 2 guard....Barbosa won't be around forever.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote CalibreMC wrote: View Post
    He is not redundant with DeRozan on the team...he makes a decent bench 2 guard....Barbosa won't be around forever.
    Except he is not really a decent bench 2 guard, what does he bring to the team other than a weak slashing game and an OK mid range game? He is not a reliable ball handler, not a threat from 3, not a lock down defender. He is good in transition, but that is only a small portion of the game.

A good bench 2 guard brings one above average skill to the table and does it well to infuse himself into the game. Barbosa is a scorer, he at times can be relentless. AS a bonus he can handle the ball a bit and has been disruptive on defense, that is a good bench 2 guard. Sure he wont be around for ever, but I would be looking for an upgrade over Weems when Barbosa is gone.

Raptors Republic Veteran Buddahfan's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Hellgate wrote: View Post
    Bayless doesn't have a bad attitude. He just hates to lose.
    Okay lets say that you are correct.

Then he needs to get his head on straight regarding his role on the team which is too firstly dish out dimes, not to be a ball hog. He has yet to show that he can shoot, career FG% of 40%. His 6.9 assists per 36 minutes are not near enough to make up for his horrible shooting.

He doesn't shoot well enough to play the #2.

His defense is not good enough to compensate for his horrible shooting and mediocre assist numbers to warrant playing as a backup PG yet alone a