The Lakers Could Be Finished As An Elite Team

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Lakers Could Be Finished As An Elite Team

While they have a good record that record is deceiving. They are only 1 - 4 against teams that are currently in the playoffs.

They look old and tired.

Fisher is finished.

Kobe can still put up points but it appears that he can no longer dominate like he once could except for short stretches of time and those time periods appear to be getting shorter.

He put up 14 in the 3rd quarter vs the Clippers yesterday but disappeared in the 4th quarter.

Their bench with Barnes out sucks. With Barnes it is somewhat better but still nothing to write home about.

Steve Blake is way over rated and really not much of an improvement if any at all over Farmar.

Even if healthy I don't expect the Lakers to make it to the Finals this season and maybe not even the past the second round of the playoffs.
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

I'd never discount any team lead by Kobe Bryant. You don't think this adds fuel to his fire? I think this is what he wants. A tad bit of adversity. The Lakers will be fine. No team in the west is going to upend them.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
      I'd never discount any team lead by Kobe Bryant. You don't think this adds fuel to his fire? I think this is what he wants. A tad bit of adversity. The Lakers will be fine. No team in the west is going to upend them.
      I don't think that he has the physical wherewithal anymore to get it done.

This is not a question of adversity

This is a question of being older, slower and getting tired more easily.

Lakers out in first or second round. Probably second round.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Why? Because the Clips beat them? I wouldn't get it twisted. Every team goes through a bit of adversity at some point in the season. Might as well be now rather than in April going into the playoffs.

Comment

They're not finished anything. They go through this sort of thing every year. Come playoff time they'll be ready. They're far too talented and have the best player in the league. My money is on them again this year.

Comment

They've only had 5 games against playoff teams so far this season!?!?!?

really!?!?!

Comment

Looking at their schedule I count 12 games against teams in the Playoffs... and they are 6-6.

Nice fact checking though, Buddah.

And a few of those came when they were without their should-be All-Star Center, Andrew Bynum.
              Lakeshow are fiiiine.
              Last edited by Joey; Mon Jan 17, 2011, 07:52 PM.

Comment

actually, it could just mean it's finally time for them to go the way of the spurs.

give your starters lots of rest early in the season let your bench guys prove themselves and get reserves more time.
                If Your Uncle Jack Helped You Off An Elephant, Would You Help Your Uncle Jack Off An Elephant?

Sometimes, I like to buy a book on CD and listen to it, while reading music.

Comment

LBF wrote: View Post
                  actually, it could just mean it's finally time for them to go the way of the spurs.

give your starters lots of rest early in the season let your bench guys prove themselves and get reserves more time.
                  Kobe's minutes are down, and that could be adding to it. At 33mpg, he hasn't been that low since his second season in the League.
                  All the other starters are pretty much on par with the rest of their careers I'd imagine.
                  Shannon Brown has proven to be an effective 6th man, which may also be why Kobe's minutes are down a bit.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    They're not finished anything. They go through this sort of thing every year. Come playoff time they'll be ready. They're far too talented and have the best player in the league. My money is on them again this year.
                    You wouldn't want to wager would you?

Are you game?

How about this

If the Lakers don't make the WC Finals you relinquish your Moderator title until 2012 and don't post all summer.

If the Lakers make it the the NBA Finals I won't post from Oct - Dec 2011.

If the Lakers make the WC Finals it is a draw and we stay status quo.

I am game are you?

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                      Kobe's minutes are down, and that could be adding to it. At 33mpg, he hasn't been that low since his second season in the League.
                      All the other starters are pretty much on par with the rest of their careers I'd imagine.
                      Shannon Brown has proven to be an effective 6th man, which may also be why Kobe's minutes are down a bit.
                      Watch them play they are getting old and slow.

I expect that the Thunder will beat them tonight making them 1 - 5 against playoff teams.

Blake is now king at Staples and Kobe's days as the Los Angeles #1 hoops star are finished.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post

I expect that the Thunder will beat them tonight making them 1 - 5 against playoff teams.

Blake is now king at Staples and Kobe's days as the Los Angeles #1 hoops star are finished.
                        Dude... read all of my posts...

They're 6-6 against Playoff Teams. I checked myself. I don't know where you're getting this stat.

Comment

You wouldn't want to wager would you?

Are you game?

How about this

If the Lakers don't make the WC Finals you relinquish your Moderator title until 2012 and don't post all summer.

If the Lakers make it the the NBA Finals I won't post from Oct - Dec 2011.

If the Lakers make the WC Finals it is a draw and we stay status quo.

I am game are you?
                          Why would I do that? I recall saying money. If you're so confident why don't you take your stipulations and run with it? As in, if the Lakers DO make the WC Finals you don't make another Amir Johnson thread for the rest of time? Or maybe you have to wear a Bargnani avatar, of the board's choosing, for two years?
                          Last edited by Apollo; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Huh... look at that. So what, are they now "2-4"? Any other enlightening predictions?

They're now 7-6 against Playoff teams and finding their stride. I'm with Apollo if we're making that bet.

Comment

Lakers certainly didn't look finished last night.

Comment

Working...
                              X