No announcement yet.

Screwed by refs again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The refs were bad in this game at the end but I really like the fight with the raptors that played tonight! Wright makes a difference in the way in the way this team plays, I saw 4 quarters of fight win or lose this is the type of team I want to watch. I think a lose like his can only make these guys mad and bring more fight the next game.

Comment

how wold i go about creating a trade bargnani facebook page? i love andrea but enough is enough!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

Geez... I don't think knickz like Andrea...

Comment

And apparently what he does like, is hijacking threads

Comment

This is on Triano

He needs to do a lot better job of working the officials.

Doc Rivers does it all the time and the Celtics benefit by it.

Even if it means an ejection or two Triano needs to show some cajones and stand up for his players.

Enough of being a PC Wuss
            Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
            Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Andrea Bargnani was 1 for 7 in the second half (4 for 17, 23.5% for the game) and recorded 4 rebounds.
              Opposing Center Okafor had 12 OFFENSIVE rebounds.
              Jose Calderon had 7 turnovers and was 0-5.

Referees made a few bad calls. But 1-7 in the 2nd half and 3 defensive rebounds ALL game? Really Andrea?!
              http://twitter.com/Liston

Comment

Liston wrote: View Post
                Andrea Bargnani was 1 for 7 in the second half (4 for 17, 23.5% for the game) and recorded 4 rebounds.
                Opposing Center Okafor had 12 OFFENSIVE rebounds.
                Jose Calderon had 7 turnovers and was 0-5.

Referees made a few bad calls. But 1-7 in the 2nd half and 3 defensive rebounds ALL game? Really Andrea?!
                He is not someone you want to build your team around.

As soon as the Raptors get another scorer either from the current roster or from the draft or whatever who can replace his points he will on his way out. You can bet it.
                Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
                Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

While the refs didn't do the Raptors any favors, keep in mind they DID shoot more free throws than The Hornets (20-19). If the Raptors shot a decent percentage from the line (13 for 20), it's a different game. Plus going 2-12 from 3 doesn't help.

At this point Bargnani is who he is. We're just going to have to wait until Davis gains 30 lbs for him to be a force (hopefully) on the boards and that DeRozan can at least turn into some sort of scoring force at the 2 (and hope he's not the next Jeff Malone, a guy who will give you 23 points... with 1 assist and 2 rebounds).

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    IMO bargs had an off game b ut he was forced to play much more outside in this game because of the lineups. there is no one else to space the floor but bargs and jose. Bargs usually gets going inside out to get himself going. and today he wasnt able to. just one game so i dont know why ur talking shit. even stars have baad games. remember wades 3 point game awhile back???

next game when bargs drops 25+ i bet u will cheer
                    But his defense today was inexcusably bad. I don't give a shit about his offense anymore. If the team is going to go anywhere with him playing a bigger role, he HAS to get at an respectable level of rebounding and defense to justify keeping him. He actually looked like he was well on his way to doing that last season, but now he's regressing. He's the reason why they lost the game, not the refs. His shot wasn't falling, so he was completely useless out there. This isn't something that you ignore. It's not even like he was trying to make things happen, either, he looked disturbingly indifferent out there.

His shot was off, who cares, that doesn't excuse him from playing such terrible defense...or like, allowing Okafor to get a franchise high in offensive rebounds.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
                      But his defense today was inexcusably bad. I don't give a shit about his offense anymore. If the team is going to go anywhere with him playing a bigger role, he HAS to get at an respectable level of rebounding and defense to justify keeping him. He actually looked like he was well on his way to doing that last season, but now he's regressing. He's the reason why they lost the game, not the refs. His shot wasn't falling, so he was completely useless out there. This isn't something that you ignore. It's not even like he was trying to make things happen, either, he looked disturbingly indifferent out there.

His shot was off, who cares, that doesn't excuse him from playing such terrible defense...or like, allowing Okafor to get a franchise high in offensive rebounds.
                      +1

That is why the Raptors need to continue to develop the offense of Davis and Johnson. Once the Raptors can replace Bargnani's scoring which does help sometimes a lot then my guess is that BC will put him on the trading block.

This will be especially true if DeRozan and Davis can continue to improve.

Then BC can say yes Bargnani was not a legitimate #1 pick but look at my DeRozan and Davis picks. Actually what he will say is that the team has decided to go in another direction when he trades Bargnani unless he willing to come off of the bench. Even if he is willing to come off the bench the Raptors may decide to trade him.
                      Last edited by Buddahfan; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 10:33 AM.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
                        He is not someone you want to build your team around.

As soon as the Raptors get another scorer either from the current roster or from the draft or whatever who can replace his points he will on his way out. You can bet it.
                        Bet it? I'm game. You're certainly a betting man these days Buddah. Feeling very confident in your 'predictions'... which I find only slightly curious.
                        I say there's no way we trade him this year. Or next for that matter. Its such a ridiculous thing to say. Basketball is still about out-scoring your opponent and Bargnani offers us our best opportunity to do so. To be able to score the way he does, shooting the percentage that he does, is VERY rare. For you to not recognize this just shows ignorance, more then brilliance. Get over it. He's going to have a bad game here and there. Support the home team. If you don't like it, go cheer for the Kings.

Then BC can say yes Bargnani was not a legitimate #1 pick but look at my DeRozan and Davis picks. Actually what he will say is that the team has decided to go in another direction when they trade Bargnani unless he willing to come off of the bench. Even if he is willing to come off the bench the Raptors may decide to trade him.
                        Who do you take #1 then Buddah? Rudy Gay is the ONLY one who might end up being a better pick, and honestly, I'd still rather have Bargs.
                        Last edited by Joey; Tue Jan 18, 2011, 10:35 AM.

Comment

joey_hesketh wrote: View Post
                          Bet it? I'm game. You're certainly a betting man these days Buddah. Feeling very confident in your 'predictions'... which I find only slightly curious.
                          I say there's no way we trade him this year. Or next for that matter. Its such a ridiculous thing to say. Basketball is still about out-scoring your opponent and Bargnani offers us our best opportunity to do so. To be able to score the way he does, shooting the percentage that he does, is VERY rare. For you to not recognize this just shows ignorance, more then brilliance. Get over it. He's going to have a bad game here and there. Support the home team. If you don't like it, go cheer for the Kings.
                          You are quick this morning.

If Davis and Johnson can continue to develop their respective offenses to where they both can become legit 15+ point scorers a game, say 35+ ppg between then then Bargnani will not be needed.

You add another front court scorer who can do the same and you have 45 to 50 ppg from your starting front court.

Throw in 17 - 20 a game from DeRozan and 10 + ppg from the PG then you have 75 ppg from the starters. Throw in 25 ppg from the bench and you are at 100 ppg on offense which will be fine if the Raptors can put a good defensive team on the court.

Comment

You are quick this morning.

If Davis and Johnson can continue to develop their respective offenses to where they both can become legit 15+ point scorers a game, say 35+ ppg between then then Bargnani will not be needed.

You add another front court scorer who can do the same and you have 45 to 50 ppg from your starting front court.

Throw in 17 - 20 a game from DeRozan and 10 + ppg from the PG then you have 75 ppg from the starters. Throw in 25 ppg from the bench and you are at 100 ppg on offense which will be fine if the Raptors can put a good defensive team on the court.
                            But again, its not how many points they score. It's how Bargnani is able to do it. The mismatches he creates. The space he can force the defense to cover. Taking his man off the bounce, from the 3 point line. Amir or Davis will NEVER have this is their arsenal. Bargnani is unique.

Would you trade Dirk in his prime for Elton Brand in his prime? Heck no.

Comment

Don't feed the Buddha , he will keep going and going and going...

Comment

Multipaul wrote: View Post
                                Don't feed the Buddha , he will keep going and going and going...
                                hahahaha

Comment

Working...
                                X