Screwed by refs again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screwed by refs again

Seriously this is just getting out of hand. How was that last play not a foul? Also why wasn't the play where the Ball clearly went off of okafor's hand reviewed?

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
    Seriously this is just getting out of hand. How was that last play not a foul? Also why wasn't the play where the Ball clearly went off of okafor's hand reviewed?
    It was New Orleans on MLK day.

Think that is crazy.

Fair enough but I wouldn't discount it.

Remember the NBA owns the Hornets
    Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
    Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

I'd say that Tanknani channelling his 2nd year was a bigger deal than the refs.

Comment

weems wrote:
        Wow!!!!!!!! They really cheating us right now.
        http://twitter.com/Sonny13/status/27128172784910336

Comment

The refs certainly didn't help but the Raps lost this game on their own. They were up 10 or 12 in the last few minutes of the 3rd quarter.

Bargnani stunk - that is a fact, lol. His worst game of the year since early in the season when he had a few stinkers. Settling for jumpers - straight legged jumpers and 3's at that. I am surprised no coach has pulled him aside and said, "Catch the ball ready to shoot with knees bent. Don't catch, bend your knees, then shoot." That is elementary sh!t there.

Calderon had a horrible game. Yes 13 assists but he didn't score a point and he had 7, yes 7 TO's.

Johnson played well as did Davis. With Bargnani unable to score and the injuries the Raps currently have, no one else was there to score.

It will be interesting to see how they respond on WED vs. the Spurs.

*EDIT* I forgot about DD. He played very well. The Raps would have been lucky to make 70 without him today. He definitely showed his handle is a work in progress. He had a number of drives knocked away or bobbled dribbles that didn't result in turnovers but prevented him from getting his shot or create for others. But overall he continues to show improvement. If he can make a similar jump from year 2 to year 3 as he did 1 to 2, he might be a very special player - that is a big if, of course.

Also too bad Monty Williams took Bellinelli out of the game for Jack. Damn you, Jack.
          Last edited by mcHAPPY; Mon Jan 17, 2011, 08:55 PM.

Comment

WhatWhat wrote: View Post
            I'd say that Tanknani channelling his 2nd year was a bigger deal than the refs.
            IMO bargs had an off game b ut he was forced to play much more outside in this game because of the lineups. there is no one else to space the floor but bargs and jose. Bargs usually gets going inside out to get himself going. and today he wasnt able to. just one game so i dont know why ur talking shit. even stars have baad games. remember wades 3 point game awhile back???

next game when bargs drops 25+ i bet u will cheer
            Last edited by pesterm1; Mon Jan 17, 2011, 09:43 PM.

Comment

B.S.

Sure, you can look at Bargnani and Calderon not being able to score and count that as a reason for a loss, but look at the other side of the ball and the Hornets had a bunch more reasons to lose, one being that they were generally outplayed most of the game (other than on the rebounding in the second half.

The NBA tailors its games to have some excitement. A few referee blown calls are always crucial as they are turning points at important moments in games. The Raps get screwed most times and it is a pisser to the players. In a league full of players full of themselves and calling it all 'respect", the Raps get little. Amir gets fouls by reputation - all the time. He got heaved from behind, back turned to Okafor, and got called, negating a beautiful block by DeRozen. Major turning points and momentum turners all going one way. Anyone not seeing it isn't looking.

In a way, I do not mind, though. At least not for this year. Let the Raps outplay other teams and lose. they need to get lower for a better choice anyway. Wins are wasted, in a sense, that way. you just do not want it to be the culture, the expectation of losing, though. We will see next game if they have that Chris Bosh helplessness glaze in their eyes.

Oh, and as for the draft, we only got the first pick that year as part of the package the NBA threw together for Colangelo to come here. the Raps were supposed to be part of the International marketing strategy. Check out the winners of the lottery. the Clips when in need of a rebuild. the Wizards looking to turn the corner, ... Like the Knicks getting Ewing and the Bulls getting Rose. the result, the Raps will get their ranked pick at best this year.

Comment

Matt52 wrote: View Post
                Damn you, Jack.
                Damn you, Jack !

Comment

sooo maybe the draft is rigged too ???

honestly i wouldnt passed the nba, sports r currupt like alot of other things.

Comment

pesterm1 wrote: View Post
                    sooo maybe the draft is rigged too ???

honestly i wouldnt passed the nba, sports r currupt like alot of other things.

where have you been? obviouly the nba draft is rigged
                    "the raptors were my fav team growing up"-kevin durant

Comment

i know i always say we lose as a team but....andrea has to traded very soon...i know my boy jose didnt score today atleast he gave an effort...when will this management realize andrea isn't going to cut it?

Comment

his work ethic is like that of a 5 year old girl...i hate dirk but atleast he get's on the glass and hustles...ed davis and kleiza has more double doubles that andrea for crying out load

Comment

I don't usually like to blame the refs for any part of a loss. I think it is usually blown out of proportion. I was caught off guard in the Atlanta game with many of the calls down the stretch, but today took it to another level.

The refs weren't the sole reason the raptors lost this game, but they definitely had an impact on the result with the way the calls were going down the stretch:

- Willie Green takes a charge in mid-air (his feet weren't even on the ground)
                          - Bargnani called for an incredibly suspect offensive foul on a post-up against Okafor
                          - O/B play off Okafor's hands
                          - Ridiculous situation on Amir's And-1 where it could have cost the Raps a bucket (once the ball is in the foul shooter's hand it is game-on)
                          - Amir gets called for bogus foul only when ref realized he couldn't call it on DeRozan's clean block
                          - Ball called O/B off DeRozan's knee (thanks only to video for setting that one straight)
                          - Then the whistles' are conveniently pocketed on Amir's last shot (lot of contact to ignore)

The game would have been a different story if only 1 of the above calls had gone for the Raps
                          Last edited by TheR3dMenace; Mon Jan 17, 2011, 10:31 PM.

Comment

i said many times you cannot have Andrea's work ethic rubbing off other guys when you are trying to rebuild a young team... kinda curious why bc didn't mention that andrea needs to rebound more when talking to rod black...he had good things to say about his offense... this management needs to stop acting like andrea is a little 5 year old princess and start ripping into him...maybe we need christian bale to deliver the message to andrea

Comment

the nba owns the hornets so the league is in favour of them

Comment

Working...
                              X