Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there more Solomon Alabi than we're being told?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there more Solomon Alabi than we're being told?

When the Raps drafted Alabi, Triano said that he was a great steal at the 50th pick. He is a 7ft center, which Toronto truly need another to back up AB and yet he is not getting any playing time. Triano said he was sent back to the D-League so he can get some playing time which he did but yet, with a short bench of 8 players including Alabi he still is not getting any playing time. How is he suppose to get better if you keep him on the bench Triano.

Is there something more to Alabi's health issues that was mentioned on draft night that we, the fans are not being told about? Why put him in for 1 or 2 minutes when we're in a game in which we're way behind in? Give him more minutes and see what he can do after getting his feet wet against the big boys. Look how well Davis is playing now.

Don't complain about not having a full roster to play and making your guys tired when there is a fresh pair of legs sitting on the bench. Is it part of the NBA draft to scout a player for every team that will not play no matter what, aka Patrick O'B!

Let the man get a chance and see where he goes from there. After all, it is a rebuilding season right?

What do you guys think? Should Alabi get a chance to play too?

Maybe he's not practicing well? Maybe the staff feel he's not ready for PT and it could wreck his confidence? There could be many reasons which could explain it that don't involve him having health concerns or the coaching staff not neglecting him. All speculation.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
      Maybe he's not practicing well? Maybe the staff feel he's not ready for PT and it could wreck his confidence? There could be many reasons which could explain it that don't involve him having health concerns or the coaching staff not neglecting him. All speculation.
      He hasn't look very good in his very limited time.
      Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
      Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Regardless, I think it's high time Alabi got some burn. I would like to see him out there for one good stretch, maybe 7-8 minutes, straight through. Then perhaps a few 5 minute stretches over the ensuing one or two games. It's a pittance considering the length of the season, but we would be able to get a nice look at him for more than a play or two. If he's not ready, it didn't cost you much. But it would be good to see.

Comment

jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
          Regardless, I think it's high time Alabi got some burn. I would like to see him out there for one good stretch, maybe 7-8 minutes, straight through. Then perhaps a few 5 minute stretches over the ensuing one or two games. It's a pittance considering the length of the season, but we would be able to get a nice look at him for more than a play or two. If he's not ready, it didn't cost you much. But it would be good to see.
          The Raptors can't seem to win lately.

However, each of their last four losses have been by less than five points so maybe Triano doesn't yet trust him in close games.

He could get some garbage time burn tonight.
          Avatar: Riverboat Coffee House 134 Yorkville Ave. billboard of upcoming entertainers - Circa 1960s

Memories some so sweet, indeed

Larger Photo of the avatar

“As a captain, I played furiously. I drew a lot of fouls, but I brought everything I had to every practice and to every game. I left everything on the court because I simply wanted the team to win”
          Quote from well known personality who led their high school team to a state championship.

Comment

Buddahfan wrote: View Post
            The Raptors can't seem to win lately.

However, each of their last four losses have been by less than five points so maybe Triano doesn't yet trust him in close games.

He could get some garbage time burn tonight.
            +1

Comment

Absolutely agree. But with Triano who knows what is going on. Triano sure doesn't seem to know anything. Especially with substitutions. Maybe Bargnani will aggravate his injuries, and Amir's back will need a break, and then we will have a 5 or 6 man rotation...

Comment

See, thank you Jeff, that's what I'm talking about. At least we will know. I mean he put up a double double in his last game in the D League, and yes I know it's not the same but means he can play some minutes at least. Give him a chance to show us what he can and cannot do. Not like DD didn't get that chance to show his stuff and Barg.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                  Absolutely agree. But with Triano who knows what is going on. Triano sure doesn't seem to know anything. Especially with substitutions. Maybe Bargnani will aggravate his injuries, and Amir's back will need a break, and then we will have a 5 or 6 man rotation...
                  Let us hope not the case but then again you never know right? Like Buddah said though, tonight might be a good time to see but I am callling it here right now at 3:14pm my time where I'm living in the Maritimes, Toronto will give the Spurs a fight tonight like they did with Dallas. Call me crazy but just a feeling and I hope it's not gas I'm feeling lol
                  Last edited by Stahmenah_Vybz; Wed Jan 19, 2011, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X