DeRozan replaces Jennings in Dunk contest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Apollo wrote: View Post
    I wouldn't be shocked at all if it was DeRozan Vs. McGee in the finals. We've had this debate on the NBA board but Griffin is a great game dunker but that in no way means he'll be a great competition dunker. There are guys in high school, college and playing street ball who could give anybody in the world a run for their money in a dunk off. It's all about creativity, difficulty and execution in the dunk competition... Unless you're short.
    We've all seen Griffin and his dunks this year. Most have been alleyoops but then again, we saw him almost dunk over a 7 footer in Mozgov and then take the ball half the court, twisting Gallinari all over the place before dunking on him. I haven't checked out youtube in quite some time, but I have yet to have seen a creative dunk from McGee or Ibaka. I see a lot of putback jams and alleyoops from those guys. It would take a real special putback jam or creative alleyoop for those guys to come close. Then again, that's just my opinion.

Comment

I think Blake already has it won. I know it's not "rigged", but Blake has all the pop, plus it is being held at his home court. Once the judges hear the crowd, they throw up the 10's. Mind you, DD is from LA,but BG is a hometown team player.

Look at D Howard. His dunks are mainly power dunks, like BG, but he was the darling of the NBA at the time and all the judges thought we was da man.

I hope DD wins. His last dunk last year sucked. Like Kenny the Jet said, it was his to lose, and he did. His dunk with Weems was awesome. DD's gotta go all out each and every dunk.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        The league would be pushing for a "bigger" name to win the competition. Maybe a bigger name guy makes some of the league stand up and take notice. Then perhaps there becomes a renaissance of sorts with the competition and more higher profile players enter next season.
        If Dwight Howard couldn't get the established guys off their asses then no one can. Not to mention the dunk competition has typically been a showcase for young talent not yet established as superstars. How do you know the league wants the big names in it to begin with? And by Blake Griffin winning it on boring game dunks that suddenly makes LeBron want to enter the contest? Why? If the league hoses a guy like DeRozan or McGee to give Blake Griffin extra pub that he doesn't even need it's going to make the whole think look like a joke. I'm not feeling this dunk off conspiracy theory.

MangoKid wrote: View Post
        We've all seen Griffin and his dunks this year. Most have been alleyoops but then again, we saw him almost dunk over a 7 footer in Mozgov and then take the ball half the court, twisting Gallinari all over the place before dunking on him. I haven't checked out youtube in quite some time, but I have yet to have seen a creative dunk from McGee or Ibaka. I see a lot of putback jams and alleyoops from those guys. It would take a real special putback jam or creative alleyoop for those guys to come close. Then again, that's just my opinion.
        Have Mozgov and Gallinari signed up to be Griffin props? Those are all examples of exciting game dunks but there will be only him, a ball and 30,000 people on Skills night. It's an entirely different thing. We've seen both Shannon Brown and Gerald Wallace absolutely stink at dunk competitions past and both those guys are just as good as Blake Griffin at dunking the ball. Why did they stink? No creativity in pulling off show dunks.

FYI:

Show dunk. Never seen Blake pull this on a couple NY pylons.
        Last edited by Apollo; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 05:41 PM.

Comment

Comment

ohhhh yeah. hes gunna pull out some dutty tings this time. griffin v derozan finals is almost a lock. i think if demar blows them away the nba will have no choice but to make him the winner.

hes just gotta bring his top shit, and then he cant loose. no more of this weak windmill shit, and through the legs, its BEEN done. we gotta see some new shit.
            http://www.twitter.com/YateeshKevin23

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
              WOOOOOOOOOOO! He got robbed last year, so glad he gets another chance.
              He didn't get robbed, his last dunk which he needed to seal the deal wasn't very good.

Anyway's just give the trophy to Griffin, this should be exciting.

Comment

Demar is still getting robbed, i wonder who his dunk coach is, i doubt they gave him one ,it better not be julian wright
                NBADoppelgangers.tumblr.com

Comment

Hotshot wrote: View Post
                  He didn't get robbed, his last dunk which he needed to seal the deal wasn't very good.

Anyway's just give the trophy to Griffin, this should be exciting.
                  If his second round dunk was his finals dunk he would have won the thing. He needs to save his best for last this time. I'm hoping he goes last in round 2 which, I think, means he needs to win the opening round.

Comment

RaptorsFan4Life wrote: View Post
                    Damn nice vid. That last dunk against the Bobcats (I think)... wow! Now that's what I'm talkin' bout Willis!!!!
                    #Raptor4Life, #Prepping4thePlayoffs

Comment

Working...
                    X