Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Triano Finally calls out Demar and Barg's Effort

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

I love the argument that Bargs should not play injured. The same people will argue that good players will play through their injuries if they can to help the team. Timmy D, Kobe, D Rose, KG, etc. Bargs had a bad 2 games, he is injured, he is trying to help his team win. Cut the guy some slack. EVERYONE played bad last night. Accept it.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Yeah, he made a bad play. So...

You start benching guys for making mental error all the time and suddenly they're looking over their shoulder all the time and making more and more mistakes.
    like when Smitch was here.

Raptors Republic Superstar TheGloveinRapsUniform's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    If Bargnani was really hurting enough that he felt he was in danger of further injury, he should have insisted on sitting. For the good of him AND the team. It's not as if the guy has a history of begging out of games. You either play hard or you don't play. Good players don't play hurt just to be on the floor, even if they are hurting their team. Calderon, Johnson, Bayless and other Raptors have all played injured this year, but all of them found a way to be effective. As I said, that's what good players do.

Besides, this is not just on Bargnani, but Triano, who should have subbed him out early and kept him on the bench. The problem with Bargnani, as I've stated, is he is a one dimensional player. If he's not scoring, he isn't effective. If he could find a way to be effective without scoring, he'd be a far, far better player.
    Agree on blaming Triano, but not all the blame goes to him. he really cant tell if the guy is injured or not, unless a bone is sticking out our he is clearly limping. he should have subbed him out because he was playing badly, injury or not.

Not sure about the 1st one tho. Players who are good, are good, whether they play through injury or not. they have heart, yes. but playing through injury does not make you good. its a moral victory.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    like when Smitch was here.
    Yeah, as much as I like Sam Mitchell, he had the kids looking over their shoulder at all times. No trouble to tell his mentor was Larry Brown. I think Smitch had a positive impact on expanding Bargnani's game but a negative impact on his confidence.

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote tbihis wrote: View Post
    Agree on blaming Triano, but not all the blame goes to him. he really cant tell if the guy is injured or not, unless a bone is sticking out our he is clearly limping. he should have subbed him out because he was playing badly, injury or not.

Not sure about the 1st one tho. Players who are good, are good, whether they play through injury or not. they have heart, yes. but playing through injury does not make you good. its a moral victory.
    Yes, Triano should have subbed Bargnani out whether he was injured or not.

I never said playing through injury made a player good. In fact, I don't blame any player for sitting due to injury. I think more players should learn the lesson Grant Hill unfortunately did. If you ARE going to play, though, be effective or don't play. And Bargnani can't be effective if he's not scoring. And the last two games he couldn't hit a shot. I blame Bargnani for being too one dimensional to not be effective when not scoring, and I blame Triano for letting him play when he clearly was not being effective in any way, shape or form.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic All-Star grindhouse's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I agree with jeff we are not winning a championship this year, so there is no point playing players extreme amount of mins when alabi can get on the court. its a marathon not a sprint 5 - 10 mins a game to give relief to these banged up players will not make a hugh difference in the outcome of the game.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote grindhouse wrote: View Post
    I agree with jeff we are not winning a championship this year, so there is no point playing players extreme amount of mins when alabi can get on the court. its a marathon not a sprint 5 - 10 mins a game to give relief to these banged up players will not make a hugh difference in the outcome of the game.
    5-10 minutes can make the world of difference in a game...if you are trying to win. if we are trying to tank and pickup a high draft, then i agree

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think the Raptors should start benching players when they aren't playing hard enough on defense. If thibedeau can bench Boozer in two fourth quarters (in games they end up losing), to send a message. Then the Raptors can bench Derozan and Bargnani for the same reasons. I mean Chicago is the number defensive team right now, so it can work.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

A trip to the bench via substitution is a great way to get a point across. Not sure if Bargnani's 4th quarter performance against DET had anything to do with the 10min pine time in the 3rd/4th quarter after Wilcox abused him on the glass - but it couldn't have hurt.

Maybe Ajinca gives Triano a substitution to give Bargnani a message from time to time.

Don't get me wrong, I like Bargs. He has a great contract for a 2nd or 3rd guy - which is what he is. Unfortunatley right now he is the #1 guy on a team with holes and it is putting more expectations on him from fans that is justified given his game.

That is my opinion and please note I don't think Bargnani is useless or should be traded.

Raptors Republic Starter Raptorsss's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think its time that the coaching staff focuses more on player development, even at the cost of winning.
    -"You canít run from me. I mean, my heart donít bleed Kool-Aid."
    -"ďI ainít no diva! I donít have no blond hair, red hair. Iím Reggie Evans.Ē

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information