• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Triano Finally calls out Demar and Barg's Effort

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archiv...red_of_losing/

Way to grow some nuts Jay!
    Eh follow my TWITTER!

Finally? He's a professional coach, i'll guarantee you he's been saying it behind closed doors for a while, this is just the first the media has gotten a quote from him about it

Comment

albertan_10 wrote: View Post
      Finally? He's a professional coach, i'll guarantee you he's been saying it behind closed doors for a while, this is just the first the media has gotten a quote from him about it
      I agree with you 100%. But using the media def has its advantages. Ask Phil Jackson.
      Eh follow my TWITTER!

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
        I agree with you 100%. But using the media def has its advantages. Ask Phil Jackson.
        Using the media also has it's disadvantages. Phil Jackson can get away with it because his 67 Championships garner respect. Loads of coaches have alienated their players by calling them out in the media. I'd say most of the times it ends up backfiring.
        Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
          Using the media also has it's disadvantages. Phil Jackson can get away with it because his 67 Championships garner respect. Loads of coaches have alienated their players by calling them out in the media. I'd say most of the times it ends up backfiring.
          Totally agree. Look how good it's worked for Ron Wilson..

Comment

its about time JT voiced his opinion openly... these guys feel there only job on this team is to score...these guys need to man up & realize that games can be changed & won on the defencive end just as much as on offence..im not sure benching after a miss cue is the best option with a short bench but.... maybe a three strikes your out rule would be OK... theres got to be accountability even on a lottery bound team..

Comment

Call out is an overused bit of hyperbole these days. Jay simply indicated what he said to his players and acknowledged that with the injuries he doesn't have the depth to bench guys for ineptitude, indifference or a cold patch. If Jay spoke to the media before he did to the players and did so in harsh terms, that would be bona fide "calling out." I found what he said particularly respectful rather than harsh or embarrassing. If a player is too sensitive to handle that, there will are worse things that are said.

Ron Wilson probably has issues coaching through the media because he's got a hair trigger on rant mode.

Comment

To be fair to Bargnani, his knees are not good right now and the last couple of games have fully shown it. Demar did bring it last night, so I don't know what the purpose of calling him out was - maybe to become more consistent, who knows?. The whole team fell asleep in the 2nd half last night. You could feel that there was no way we were gonna pull out that game. You knew at some point the Spurs would wake up.

Comment

MangoKid wrote: View Post
                  To be fair to Bargnani, his knees are not good right now and the last couple of games have fully shown it. Demar did bring it last night, so I don't know what the purpose of calling him out was - maybe to become more consistent, who knows?. The whole team fell asleep in the 2nd half last night. You could feel that there was no way we were gonna pull out that game. You knew at some point the Spurs would wake up.
                  If his knees are bothering him that much, why did he play 42 and 37 minutes in the last two games? And if they're really bothering him that much, then he should REQUEST to sit because he's hurting the team. Amir Johnson's back has been bothering him for 2-3 weeks, but he still gives as much effort as he can. I think there was only one game when he didn't make a positive impact and he ended up leaving at halftime.

EVERYONE on the Raptors is hurting right now, but it's not an excuse. Being hurt is not an excuse not to try.
                  Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                  Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Great points Tim W. As for Triano forget professional. If you want to
                    Make a point as a coach bench your players when they play without a heartbeat. Short bench? Put in Alabi for bargnani anyway since it shows you are actually the boss. If Triano has been talking to the players behind closed doors they obviously carry no respect for him since it is not translating on the floor.

Comment

I should point out I started the season supporting the idea of Triano as coach as I felt he would be a good fit to coach mentor and develop the younger players. I was wrong. His substitutions, play calling and lineups are ridiculous and more likely hindering the development of the players than helping.

Comment

If his knees are bothering him that much, why did he play 42 and 37 minutes in the last two games? And if they're really bothering him that much, then he should REQUEST to sit because he's hurting the team. Amir Johnson's back has been bothering him for 2-3 weeks, but he still gives as much effort as he can. I think there was only one game when he didn't make a positive impact and he ended up leaving at halftime.

EVERYONE on the Raptors is hurting right now, but it's not an excuse. Being hurt is not an excuse not to try.
                        Who else is gonna play? Johnson's hurting too. Davis is playing big minutes, Kleiza's out. They're relying on Bargnani to score and do everything on offense. Try playing when your knees are messed up. I can guarantee that your game goes out the window.
                        Last edited by MangoKid; Thu Jan 20, 2011, 02:32 PM.

Comment

Employee wrote: View Post
                          Ok Triano, you said that those two are not alone? Well I will put you in that lineup with the others that are not putting the effort in. You as a coach have to stop talking about taking people out for not giving it their all and start putting subs in that will give it their all. At least, if nothing else, will put a fire under their butts and keep the legs fresh for when you do put them back in.

Use what you have wisely and stop pussyfooting around with your power. ARG that is so frustrating to me.

Go Raps Go

Comment

Different players need to be handled different ways. Phil Jackson doesn't manage everybody the same because he understands psychology. Jay knows the players far better than anyone observing from a far. He should know what will get a positive response out of his players by now and as such I have to take his side for this. I don't care if he doesn't have hardware on his fingers, the guy knows his players. He's been a Raptors fixture for what feels like eons now.

When Sam Mitchell took over coaching the Raptors he handled everyone the same, which was in your face yelling. I can understand why he was like it, the team was soft and had some certain bad veteran influences who thought they had the right to dog it *cough* Vince Carter *cough*. He was giving them a wake up call. Tough love. As he matured he learned that he couldn't do this all the time and that it doesn't work on everybody anyway. Everybody is different. Everybody needs different forms of encouragement and different levels of pressure. I think he said as much in an interview after he was gone.

Comment

Jay should have been calling out Demar's passing - after the Spurs game the book on Demar will be to double him in the half court and he will turn the ball over. There were three possessions within about 3 minutes in the second half and his passes were absolutely brutal. However, my favorite was the Raptor's first possession - Demar had the ball on the wing, Bargs was on the weakside post, Amir or Julian set a screen for Bargs who game across the key to the ball. If Demar had passed the ball when he should of Bargs would have had a dunk or layup - instead he held if for 2 seconds too long and made a horrible pass for a turnover. You don't even see that stuff in senior high school ball - classic.

Comment

Working...
                              X