Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Raps buying out Peja today

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Lets Look at it differently:

Bc signs Jack to a contract that is more than his real market value. Just after 2 season, he sees that it is not working. To off load Jack, he has to pick up Peja's contract ( pay 10 million) and also take back Bayless, unproven, injury prone , shoot first, no vision PG.

I am just wondering who contract we should get next summer when BC tried to trade away Kleiza
    If you see Bayless as someone who a team HAS to take (like Marcus Banks), then obviously you're going to feel that way. Watching him so far, I certainly don't feel that way. In essence, you could look at EVERY trade two ways. You could say Miami had to take an overpaid, injury prone, mediocre defending big man in order to get rid of two draft picks, which they didn't want. It all depends on if you like the player or not.

As I've said, I don't see him as a starter, but I think he's certainly shown he's got talent while in Toronto, which is apparently why the Raptors traded for him.

And I don't think signing Jack was a mistake, either. It's hard to say you overpaid when you paid less than the MLE for a guy who ends up starting much of the time and putting up the numbers Jack did.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    Lets Look at it differently:

Bc signs Jack to a contract that is more than his real market value. Just after 2 season, he sees that it is not working. To off load Jack, he has to pick up Peja's contract ( pay 10 million) and also take back Bayless, unproven, injury prone , shoot first, no vision PG.

I am just wondering who contract we should get next summer when BC tried to trade away Kleiza
    Whats with blurting out "10 million" over and over? The trade with NO increased our salary by a whopping 3 million - and we only had him for 2 months (nov 20-Jan 20) so we increased our salary cap hit by under $700,000.

And BTW both Jack and Kleiza were applauded moves at the time (and largely remained that way) and I haven't heard anyone in the media or NBA circle call either of those contracts bloated. Time to sit down now...
    When Tom Chambers dunks an NBA player gets their hops...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Edgar wrote: View Post
    Whats with blurting out "10 million" over and over? The trade with NO increased our salary by a whopping 3 million - and we only had him for 2 months (nov 20-Jan 20) so we increased our salary cap hit by under $700,000.

And BTW both Jack and Kleiza were applauded moves at the time (and largely remained that way) and I haven't heard anyone in the media or NBA circle call either of those contracts bloated. Time to sit down now...
    Win.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

"Raptors Buyout Stojakovic"

COME ON NOW PEOPLE buyout is a noun.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information