Darko Taking His Tonka Truck & Heading Back to Europe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darko Taking His Tonka Truck & Heading Back to Europe

Hmmm .... someone sounds like they're whining a little bit.

Darko Milicic insists that the Pistons lied to him after taking him with the second pick in the 2003 NBA Draft.

"Yes, they did," Milicic said. "They lie to everybody. It's the NBA. The NBA, all around the league, same (garbage). 'Your chance is going to come.' All that kind of (garbage). (Forget) that.

"I've got enough of that kind of stuff, so I decided I'm going to Europe."

Milicic announced earlier this season that he plans to return to Europe next summer.

He has appeared in just eight games for the Knicks this season.

"I've got to be real," he said. "There is no team in the league that is going to give me the chance that I'm looking for. My only chance is back in Europe. I'm going to do that. I want to be happy. I want to play."
    Source - Click here

Sounds like he wants to play a major role on a ball club. He's had far too much pressure because he was selected before Melo, Bosh and Wade. I also think his growth was stunted a little in his Detroit days. I think going to Europe is a good choice for his particular scenario. He no doubt will be more comfortable there, he will get a bigger role and he could make more money. Win, win, win for Darko.

Comment

Just think

Just think, if Dumars decided to draft Melo/Bosh/Wade and us Euro loving Raps were keen on Milcic (well we hadn't gone really European yet, but still would have strongly considered him) and that we picked him, where the heck would this franchise be? We obviously wouldn't have drafted Wade when we still had Carter and assume either Melo/Bosh or 1 of the 2 would have been off the board or picked by the Pistons in this alternate reality, we would have been stuck with Milcic or 1 of Melo/Bosh at the 4th' pick... shudder*, the Raps IMO may have picked Milcic really, considering how the scouts were raving about him...

Comment

Grunwald wasn't "Euro loving". My hope is that if they could not have gone with Bosh then they would have selected Wade. Welcome to the site too by the way.

Comment

Darko is whining? I always pegged him to be a real classy player

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
            Sounds like he wants to play a major role on a ball club. He's had far too much pressure because he was selected before Melo, Bosh and Wade. I also think his growth was stunted a little in his Detroit days. I think going to Europe is a good choice for his particular scenario. He no doubt will be more comfortable there, he will get a bigger role and he could make more money. Win, win, win for Darko.
            After that Baby-raping and other-raping tirade about the refs at the European championships, karma was going to screw with this ass-head.

Comment

IMO Larry Brown killed this kid's potential by never playing him for the entire time he was there. Playing time early for a rook it vital to provide confidence and so he can grow even more. Imagine if the Pistons would have drafted Melo, would he put in Larry Browns doghouse because of his initial poor defence? Plus Melo had a attitude problem early in his career so he and Larry Brown probably would have feuded at some point

Comment

Working...
              X