Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Bargs and Davis- Best 4-5 Combo in the East

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Bargs and Davis- Best 4-5 Combo in the East

Look at these 2 guys. You got offense inside and out, rebounding, blocked shots, dunks, you name it.

This time next year, Bargs and Davis will be the best starting 4-5 in the East. Forget the C's, forget ATL, forget da Bulls.

Bargs-Davis FTW, watch out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Multipaul wrote: View Post
    Look at these 2 guys. You got offense inside and out, rebounding, blocked shots, dunks, you name it.

This time next year, Bargs and Davis will be the best starting 4-5 in the East. Forget the C's, forget ATL, forget da Bulls.

This time next year? Maybe in like 3-4 years, but definitely not next season.

Post Thanks / Like

Hard to imagine them being more effective than Noah & Boozer by next year.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    This time next year? Maybe in like 3-4 years, but definitely not next season.
    I agree that is a bit unrealistic.

I see Davis on an Al Horford path. If you look at his numbers from year one they are very similar to what Ed has done recently - in less time and better percentages. Horford also stayed 3 years in school and did not start his rookie season off with a knee injury.

I might be optimistic but if he turns in to an Al Horford type player, I will be extremely happy.

Hit the weight room!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Matt52 wrote: View Post
    I agree that is a bit unrealistic.

I see Davis on an Al Horford path. If you look at his numbers from year one they are very similar to what Ed has done recently - in less time and better percentages. Horford also stayed 3 years in school and did not start his rookie season off with a knee injury.

I might be optimistic but if he turns in to an Al Horford type player, I will be extremely happy.

Hit the weight room!
    But are they gonna be better than Boozer-Noah by this time this year?

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

yes sir they will, here is why, boozer will be injured for sure, noah will be traded.

Bargs is pretty much better than either of those guys one on one anyways, davis is just an added perk

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote MangoKid wrote: View Post
    But are they gonna be better than Boozer-Noah by this time this year?
    Hellllllllllllllllllllllll no!

That is a very good front court who compliments each other very well when healthy. The only way the Raps are better than them anytime soon is if Boozer's skills drop off dramatically when hits the 3-0.

*EDIT* Anytime soon means the next 2 seasons, btw.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

better yet - lets combine Bargs offence and Davis's defence into one player... then get two of them

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote black angus wrote: View Post
    better yet - lets combine Bargs offence and Davis's defence into one player... then get two of them
    We could call him Edrea Dagnani

Raptors Republic Starter albertan_10's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote heinz57 wrote: View Post
    We could call him Edrea Dagnani

you sure you don't drink acid before you go to bed?

Raptors Republic Superstar heinz57's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote albertan_10 wrote: View Post
    you sure you don't drink acid before you go to bed?
    YOU CAN GET ACID IN BEVERAGE FORM!?!!?!?!?

uh, i mean..... i would never do drugs. drugs are bad.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Bargs can outscore booze or noah anyday. and big ed can shut them down defensively. 1>2 PUNCH

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

A front court including Bargnani will never be better than a front court where both players can defend and rebound, as well as score. Al Horford and Josh Smith both score, rebound and defend. And while Boozer isn't a good defender, he at least rebounds.

I really don't understand why some people seem to completely disregard the importance of defense, especially for front court players. You can't simply put a good defender next to a bad one and his inability to defend magically disappears. You can hide it for periods, but it always rears it's ugly head, and at the most inopportune times (ask Phoenix). Tom Thibodeau understands this, which is why he benches Boozer when he doesn't focus on defense.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

That is not why Thibs benched Boozer..

Post Thanks / Like

Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson would be better, let alone Dwight and Brandon Bass.

I am a Raptor's fan, but come on....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote WJF wrote: View Post
    Dwight Howard and Ryan Anderson would be better, let alone Dwight and Brandon Bass.

I am a Raptor's fan, but come on....
    Have you heard Dwights nickname for Bass?
    Charles Darkley.
    Love it.
    Dude is SOLID.

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

I think Dwight Howard by himself is a better 4-5 punch than bargs and davis!

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote JalenRose5 wrote: View Post
    I think Dwight Howard by himself is a better 4-5 punch than bargs and davis!
    eh, paesan, you come on here with the name "Jalen Rose" and start bigging up the Magic, what gives?

Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Ummm, Gasol and Bynum, Millsap and Jefferson, Chandler and Nowitzki, Gasol and Randolph (if both re-signed). Bargs - I should just shut up when it comes to this guy.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

Raptors Republic Rookie JalenRose5's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

eh, paesan, you come on here with the name "Jalen Rose" and start bigging up the Magic, what gives?
    Eh, Paesan, I know you have some sort of man crush on Andrea bargnani, and yes I agree he is a good offensive player, but that's all he is! and the sooner the organization realizes that we can't win with him, the sooner we can somewhat have hope again. I think in the last 4 games, he's gone 5 for 200. After Watching the orlando game, i think i was 100% accurate in saying Dwight Howard by himself is better than a 4-5 punch of Bargnani and Davis.

Dwight Howard 31pts, 19 Rebounds

Bargnani 11pts, 4rbds
    Davis 2pts, 7rbds
    Johnson 11pts, 5 rbds

I don't know if you are good in math, but let's just say Dwight Howard wins.

I am a die hard Raptors fan. As in the "team". I've been with them since the beginning when they selected BJ armstrong in the expansion draft! there is no individual glory, I could care less about stats of individuals, all I care about is winning and not feeling depressed everytime they lose! And it's because of Bargnani and his inconsistent play that makes me want to jump kick the t.v.! How many more years can we give him, and how many more excuses can we make for him..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information