Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

Post Thanks / Like

Default Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

From what I've heard, the teams searching to make a big trade that yields a star are the Houston Rockets, Cleveland Cavaliers, Toronto Raptors, and New Jersey Nets. Obviously teams like the New York Knicks and Chicago Bulls would love to land Carmelo Anthony, but as far as teams consistently working the phones and monitoring everything around the league, I'd say those are the four to keep an eye on.
    Source: HoopsHype.com

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

star ? or overpaid player that another team wants to get rid of ?

its not like teams just trade away their stars for no reason.

and if the raps think they can get a star, they would usually have to give back some young talent which we have very few of anyway.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

no bonafide star would want to come to toronto...we need to grow one....like always

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

what does this "report" even mean? Every team in the league wants to add a star. what are the raptors expected to do-add a high salaried player just because some other team wants to give them away for the tpe? Houston, I could understand; but I think that Tor, NJ, and Cle should all just do things the patient way; let your young guys develop, scout the NCAA's like crazy to make sure that your draft picks are impact picks, and develop your own star.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote duncan wrote: View Post
    what does this "report" even mean? Every team in the league wants to add a star.
    Not every team is actively hitting the market looking for one.

Raptors Republic Rookie Dancing_Hedo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andre Iguodala to the Raptors....*cough *cough
    "BALL" I have nothing else to say

Post Thanks / Like

thread said superstar

Raptors Republic Superstar
    Post Thanks / Like

Going after a star now makes no sense. The Raptors don't have the foundation yet to support one. And getting a star over the age of, say, 24 makes almost no sense. I really hope Colangelo isn't going to give into the pressure of losing and try and find a quick fix. As a fan, that would be devastating. The only thing I can see is if the Raptors put together a package to try and get a young player on the verge of being a star (Stephon Curry, for example), then I can see that. But guys who the Raptors most definitely should not go after? Guys like...

Andre Iguodala
    Danny Granger
    Devin Harris
    ANYONE on Detroit
    Jason Richardson
    Gerald Wallace or Stephen Jackson
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Martin

Any one of those guys would simply push the Raptors into the realm of mediocrity and hurt the team long term.

If the Raptors could do this deal...
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4el4nlp
    I'd be all for it.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    Going after a star now makes no sense. The Raptors don't have the foundation yet to support one. And getting a star over the age of, say, 24 makes almost no sense. I really hope Colangelo isn't going to give into the pressure of losing and try and find a quick fix. As a fan, that would be devastating. The only thing I can see is if the Raptors put together a package to try and get a young player on the verge of being a star (Stephon Curry, for example), then I can see that. But guys who the Raptors most definitely should not go after? Guys like...

Andre Iguodala
    Danny Granger
    Devin Harris
    ANYONE on Detroit
    Jason Richardson
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Martin

Any one of those guys would simply push the Raptors into the realm of mediocrity and hurt the team long term.
    Fully Agree with you on this. Great Post.

I'd be all for it.
    I hope you are joking with this one. Green is a big that is super soft ( worst than AB), has no post game ( worst than AB) and is a not a great rebounder.

Hate the trade ...

Post Thanks / Like

Andre Iguodala
    Danny Granger
    Devin Harris
    ANYONE on Detroit
    Jason Richardson
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Martin

I'd be all for it.
    I agree with your list of players, as guys who won't really fit in long term. Though Danny Granger could be a solid pair beside Demar. 27 isn't completely out of the question I'd say. But I think we need Demar to just continue to develop his game and step up big time and show that he CAN be something special. I think he's got it.
    Jeff Green would ALSO be a nice pair. Perhaps better. But I can't see OKC giving him up.
    Now, if we could get Thaddeus Young, I think that would be a SOLID get for BC.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22nd, 2011 at 05:10 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post
    I hope you are joking with this one. Green is a big that is super soft ( worst than AB), has no post game ( worst than AB) and is a not a great rebounder.

Hate the trade ...
    Move Jeff Green to Small Forward and he is ELITE. OKC has been playing him out of position in favour of Durant at SF. I think it's hurting his game.
    Krstic is a very solid Starting C. Might give Amir and Ed more touches down low. Jeff Green becomes our co-#1 option with Demar. Not a completely horrible trade. I don't condone trading Bargnani, but this wouldn't be bad. Maybe if we could get a pick out of it, then even better.
    Last edited by Joey; Sat Jan 22nd, 2011 at 05:12 PM.

Raptors Republic Starter
    Post Thanks / Like

Decent trade idea but I don't think OKC would go for it. They have a pretty good thing going chemistry-wise and that trade would only make them worse. Bargs doesn't help that team at all, although they could use a consistent scoring threat down-low. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bynum on that team.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Raptor4Ever wrote: View Post

Hate the trade ...
    Green isn't a big. He's a SF who's been forced to play out of position because of the presence of Kevin Durant. On the Raptors, he'd play his natural position, where he's actually a good defensive player and a half decent rebounder.

I'm not a huge fan of Krstic, but he's a better rebounder and defender than Bargnani, and he'd be fine until something better comes along, then he'd be a good backup.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

Post Thanks / Like

And here are a couple of deals for Stephon Curry, since we're on the subject of trade proposals....
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4m2znfs
    http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4h6ouo7
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Starter WhatWhat's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

/pray

But seriously, I'd try Green for Bargnani. (Keyword: try)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote nubreed000 wrote: View Post
    Decent trade idea but I don't think OKC would go for it. They have a pretty good thing going chemistry-wise and that trade would only make them worse. Bargs doesn't help that team at all, although they could use a consistent scoring threat down-low. I actually wouldn't mind seeing Bynum on that team.
    Well, if I'm Oklahoma, I obviously wouldn't go for it, but you never know how much they would value Bargnani. I know they would definitely be open to moving Green because he's a free agent this summer and they don't see him as the answer to their starting PF position and he obviously can't play much at SF. And if Cole Aldrich ever becomes an actual NBA player, Oklahoma might consider a big man trio of Bargnani, Aldrich and Ibaka a good one.
    Follow me on Twitter.

Raptors Republic Hall of Famer mcHAPPY's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Andre Iguodala
    Danny Granger
    Devin Harris
    ANYONE on Detroit
    Jason Richardson
    Carmelo Anthony
    Kevin Martin

I'd be all for it.
    I saw the GSW piece on HoopsWorld.com. The only way Curry moves is if a star comes back. The Raps are s.o.l. there.

I wouldn't trade for those guys now but depending on who the Raps draft, I would be more than open to Gerald Wallace, AI (play SF) or Danny Granger on draft day. I"d prefer Wallace. His contract only has one year and a player option remaining and would be the easier player to trade again next year towards trade deadline. Obviously the only guy I would consider making this type of move for would be if Irving was drafted. A man can dream, a man can dream...

Read down a little further and saw the Green commentary. Actually, that would be even better. DRaft Irving and sign Green - badda boom, badda bing.

Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

If the first of those two proposed trades for Steph Curry were possible, then the Raps could make a serious play for Jeff Green in FA. Consider the following lineup.

Curry/Bayless
    DeRozan/Barbosa
    Green/Wright
    Davis/Johnson
    Biedrins/?

That my friends, is a rebuild completed. Calderon is basically your perfect PG to pair with someone like Ellis. Not so sure how a lineup with Calderon, Ellis, Lee and Bargnani would ever get a stop, but I also don't see how anyone would be able to stop them in turn. Interesting at the very least.

Raptors Republic Rookie
    Post Thanks / Like

I am not okay with the raptors trading their first round pick.
    I would rather bomb the season for a guy like Terrence Jones then trade for AI or Granger.
    If we could swing in a draft day trade of Davis & Barbosa for a guy like Enes Kanter that would be nice.

Calderon/Bayless
    Derozan/Weems
    Jones/Kleiza
    Kanter/Johnson
    Bargnani/Alabi

Raptors Republic All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    If the first of those two proposed trades for Steph Curry were possible, then the Raps could make a serious play for Jeff Green in FA. Consider the following lineup.

Curry/Bayless
    DeRozan/Barbosa
    Green/Wright
    Davis/Johnson
    Biedrins/?

That my friends, is a rebuild completed. Calderon is basically your perfect PG to pair with someone like Ellis. Not so sure how a lineup with Calderon, Ellis, Lee and Bargnani would ever get a stop, but I also don't see how anyone would be able to stop them in turn. Interesting at the very least.
    I like that lineup too. I would go for that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information