Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mavs?

I don't even know about trading away Calderon at this point. I'd honestly prefer to get rid of Bargnani, despite his increased offensive averages.

Shit, if this happened: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4d6o4p4 I would die! That would have to involve picks, but maybe not the high draft pick. To "sweeten" the deal for Indiana, you could add Linas Kleiza without changing anything else.
    It's about money

Comment

i really don't think that trade is goof for us. Who scores if Bargnani goes? I'd prefer this trade. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4a3ywwu

I could I would switch ed davis for a draft pick

Hibbert
      Davis
      Granger
      DeMar
      Curry

Barbosa
      Calderon
      Kleiza
      Weems
      Amir

That's a good team

Comment

Why would golden state or Indiaina do that trade?
        Davis and bayless for curry? no way
        Bargnani and evans for gfranger and hibbert? no way

Comment

This certainly does not fall into the category of "star player" and in fact, I've read where he has regressed, but I'd still love to see Rubio on this team. Also, and I hate saying this because I've been a Bargnani supporter, but perhaps it is time to consider trading him (assuming a good return). I still like Bargs but I'm tired of the defensive issues of not just him, but the team in general. Since I don't see him ever becoming a reasonably rebounding centre, nor an adequate defender, it is time to turn the page. He's an excellent piece for someone else but not a piece that is deserving to be built around.

Comment

I will be sick if we trade our pick, DeRozan or Davis to trade for a high salary "star" player. I have been loving this year because it seems like the Raptors have finally become patient as a franchise. No more going out and signing the Turks, or O'Neals, or trading for the Marions...we are finally taking our time and searching for a team identity which is a slow process.

I could care less about bringing in a star-player through a trade. There are only a few players in the league who can change the path of a franchise by themselves and none of them are available.
            http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

deafheaven wrote: View Post
              This certainly does not fall into the category of "star player" and in fact, I've read where he has regressed, but I'd still love to see Rubio on this team. Also, and I hate saying this because I've been a Bargnani supporter, but perhaps it is time to consider trading him (assuming a good return). I still like Bargs but I'm tired of the defensive issues of not just him, but the team in general. Since I don't see him ever becoming a reasonably rebounding centre, nor an adequate defender, it is time to turn the page. He's an excellent piece for someone else but not a piece that is deserving to be built around.
              I've been talking about trading Bargnani for Rubio since Rubio was drafted. And I think Rubio definitely has the makings of a star. He's just got that winning quality that you can't teach.
              Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
              Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

saints91 wrote: View Post
                i really don't think that trade is goof for us. Who scores if Bargnani goes?
                People get way too concerned about who's going to replace Bargnani's scoring if he is traded for a non-scorer. First of all, if the defense improves, you don't need to score as much. More importantly, this is a bottom 5 team with an average age about the same as a keg party. The last thing this team needs to worry about is who is going to give them 20 ppg this season. Worse comes to worse, they don't score as much. Really, in the long run, does it matter? They desperately need more talent and they're going to find it in the draft and other places. Some of that talent is going to be able to score. It's not like Bargnani's scoring has helped the Raptors win much. Not having it isn't going to hurt much.
                Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
                Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                  I will be sick if we trade our pick, DeRozan or Davis to trade for a high salary "star" player. I have been loving this year because it seems like the Raptors have finally become patient as a franchise. No more going out and signing the Turks, or O'Neals, or trading for the Marions...we are finally taking our time and searching for a team identity which is a slow process.

I could care less about bringing in a star-player through a trade. There are only a few players in the league who can change the path of a franchise by themselves and none of them are available.
                  Shantz, I doubt they're going to do that. The Raptors still have something that teams struggling financially want, money off their books. Between Reggie Evans' expiring contract and the TPE the Raptors can offer a team a "free pass" on somebody.

Comment

Apollo wrote: View Post
                    Shantz, I doubt they're going to do that. The Raptors still have something that teams struggling financially want, money off their books. Between Reggie Evans' expiring contract and the TPE the Raptors can offer a team a "free pass" on somebody.
                    That still does not sit very well with me Apollo. By taking on a quasi-star player we are not actually building a team that is designed for a championship, we are building a team that is designed for competing.

Check out this article from The Picket Fence: http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...pped-worrying/

The author discusses the difference between building a team for a championship, and building a team to be competitive to make your team (mainly your GM) look good. I do not want to extend to another team a "free pass". There is no point in suddenly adding a vet to make a push for 9th or 8th place...what good does that do that Raptors in the long run. If we make timely trades to change the culture of the team, and also draft smartly, then we will be on to something!

I am so tired of BC trying a quick fix. He is talking about rebuilding/retooling and he needs to stick with that plan!
                    http://twitter.com/m_shantz

Comment

Tim W. wrote: View Post
                      I've been talking about trading Bargnani for Rubio since Rubio was drafted. And I think Rubio definitely has the makings of a star. He's just got that winning quality that you can't teach.
                      Usually agree with you Tim but I am not sold on Rubio becoming a star in this league, in fact I think he might become a so-so player who gets an attitude. Kick me if you want, but it's a feeling I got watching him at FIBA. As little of a supporter of Bargnani as I have become, I wouldn't make this trade.

Comment

Maleko wrote: View Post
                        Usually agree with you Tim but I am not sold on Rubio becoming a star in this league, in fact I think he might become a so-so player who gets an attitude. Kick me if you want, but it's a feeling I got watching him at FIBA. As little of a supporter of Bargnani as I have become, I wouldn't make this trade.
                        You might be right. I'm always a little concerned about a player who says he doesn't want to play someplace, no matter where that may be. It would certainly be a very risky trade.
                        Follow me on Twitter.

Comment

Shantz wrote: View Post
                          That still does not sit very well with me Apollo.
                          I'm not endorsing the idea. I'm just explaining a real possibility. I want to see them build internally like Oklahoma City. Key to that would be landing a future all-star in the draft with the high pick and an impact player with the second first round pick.

I think Rubio would love to play in Toronto. Calderon, one of his international mentors, loves it here. So too did Jorge before the falling out due to his stubbornness.
                          Last edited by Apollo; Mon Jan 24, 2011, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X