Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 42

Thread: Raptors Searching For Big Trade That Yields Star

  1. #21
    Raptors Republic Rookie YKR23's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rep TDOT till' the bury me
    Posts
    70
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    realistically it would probably be likely that we see granger or iggy in a raptor uniform. but at what cost? of course both teams will want young talent. the only player i can see us utilizing in any sort of trade is Ed Davis, cuz quite frankly i think derozan is untouchable at this point. ]

    i could also see monta ellis as a possibility, simply because i dont think GSW likes him with steph curry. but then again at what cost. maybe some deal with calderon, reggie evans and some picks could land us ellis.

    bayless
    ellis
    derozan
    davis
    bargnani

    that dont sound too bad to me.

  2. #22
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote YKR23 wrote: View Post
    bayless
    ellis
    derozan
    davis
    bargnani

    that dont sound too bad to me.
    It don't sound too good, either.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  3. #23
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    If the first of those two proposed trades for Steph Curry were possible, then the Raps could make a serious play for Jeff Green in FA. Consider the following lineup.

    Curry/Bayless
    DeRozan/Barbosa
    Green/Wright
    Davis/Johnson
    Biedrins/?

    That my friends, is a rebuild completed. Calderon is basically your perfect PG to pair with someone like Ellis. Not so sure how a lineup with Calderon, Ellis, Lee and Bargnani would ever get a stop, but I also don't see how anyone would be able to stop them in turn. Interesting at the very least.
    And you're forgetting the pick. Add in whoever the Raptors draft and that could be a very good, young roster.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  4. #24
    Raptors Republic Starter jeff_hostetler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    659
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Haven't forgotten the pick. Just didn't put it in cause I have no idea who it would be. Though of course I have my opinions on who it should be.

    How good a defender is/could be Jeff Green at the 3 spot? It's where the Raps need their lockdown defender the most.

    How much is Curry necessary, given the Raps could grab a point in the draft? Green could still be taken in FA...a decent center though is still a requirement. It just seems like Curry is likely never gonna happen.

    Alternatively, what teams would possibly be legitimately interested in a player like Bargs?

  5. #25
    Raptors Republic All-Star Balls of Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Richmond Hill, ON
    Posts
    1,977
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    G State would prefer to get rid of Ellis than Curry. Ellis is a major hog. Perhaps he could develop into something else with Calderon beside him. G State trading away Curry is like Denver giving up Carmelo (which it looks like at the moment when he walks away for nothing).

    There are a number of teams that would be interested in Bargs. I think both Denver and G State would love his services. Both are very offensive-minded teams and with Denver (not because of Ujiri), they're going to be very eager in replacing Carmelo very soon. Houston I think may also be a good fit, not just because as Yao's replacement, but historically, they've always had a good center as a franchise.
    “The saving of our world from pending doom will come, not through the complacent adjustment of the conforming majority, but through the creative maladjustment of a nonconforming minority.” - Martin Luther King

  6. #26
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I would love to see curry on this team. It's hard to draft good point guards. I would propose:

    Ed Davis
    Bayless

    for:

    Curry
    Admundson


    PF's are plentiful in drafts. Trade Calderon or Barbosa and some other pieces for a decent SF.

    DeMar and Curry would be a great young back court.

  7. #27
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote jeff_hostetler wrote: View Post
    Haven't forgotten the pick. Just didn't put it in cause I have no idea who it would be. Though of course I have my opinions on who it should be.

    How good a defender is/could be Jeff Green at the 3 spot? It's where the Raps need their lockdown defender the most.

    How much is Curry necessary, given the Raps could grab a point in the draft? Green could still be taken in FA...a decent center though is still a requirement. It just seems like Curry is likely never gonna happen.

    Alternatively, what teams would possibly be legitimately interested in a player like Bargs?
    Green is a very good defender at the 3. Not so good at the 4.

    There are a few PGs available in the draft, but the only one I'm really high on is Irving.

    I'd stay far away from Kemba Walker because I see far too much combo guard in him than PG. I think he'll have a very tough transition.

    Brandon Knight is probably more PG, but I don't think he'll ever be a great PG in the NBA.

    I think Curry will be better than all but Irving, and Irving will most likely go #1.

    One guy I'd like to keep an eye on is Enes Kanter. Obviously he's going to have to be checked out medically (possible knee problems), but if he's clean, he could become a beast, and would be a great compliment to both Amir and Davis.

    I don't know who might really want Bargnani. I don't see many contenders wanting him due to his defensive issues, but lesser teams are usually willing to gamble on a guy like Bargnani.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  8. #28
    Super Moderator Joey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    8,626
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I don't know who might really want Bargnani. I don't see many contenders wanting him due to his defensive issues, but lesser teams are usually willing to gamble on a guy like Bargnani.
    You put Bargnani with Garnett and guarentee you he plays better defense. Some people just need to be pushed. Bargs isn't really being pushed. He's being spoiled.

  9. #29
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    I would love to see curry on this team. It's hard to draft good point guards. I would propose:

    Ed Davis
    Bayless

    for:

    Curry
    Admundson


    PF's are plentiful in drafts. Trade Calderon or Barbosa and some other pieces for a decent SF.

    DeMar and Curry would be a great young back court.
    No way I trade Davis. Right now, he's probably got more potential than anyone on the team. If the Raptors are going to make a big trade, they really need to trade Bargnani and change the defensive atmosphere of the team.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  10. #30
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I agree. What Davis brings can be found on championship teams. I can't think of any team who has won with a guy like Bargnani. Not saying it's impossible to win with Bargnani... Just saying absolutely no one in the history of the NBA has...

  11. #31
    Raptors Republic Rookie philwill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    163
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Mavs?

    I don't even know about trading away Calderon at this point. I'd honestly prefer to get rid of Bargnani, despite his increased offensive averages.

    Shit, if this happened: http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4d6o4p4 I would die! That would have to involve picks, but maybe not the high draft pick. To "sweeten" the deal for Indiana, you could add Linas Kleiza without changing anything else.
    It's about money

  12. #32
    Raptors Republic All-Star saints91's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    London,ON
    Posts
    1,026
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    i really don't think that trade is goof for us. Who scores if Bargnani goes? I'd prefer this trade. http://games.espn.go.com/nba/tradeMa...radeId=4a3ywwu

    I could I would switch ed davis for a draft pick

    Hibbert
    Davis
    Granger
    DeMar
    Curry

    Barbosa
    Calderon
    Kleiza
    Weems
    Amir

    That's a good team

  13. #33
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    138
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Why would golden state or Indiaina do that trade?
    Davis and bayless for curry? no way
    Bargnani and evans for gfranger and hibbert? no way

  14. #34
    Raptors Republic Rookie
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    11
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    This certainly does not fall into the category of "star player" and in fact, I've read where he has regressed, but I'd still love to see Rubio on this team. Also, and I hate saying this because I've been a Bargnani supporter, but perhaps it is time to consider trading him (assuming a good return). I still like Bargs but I'm tired of the defensive issues of not just him, but the team in general. Since I don't see him ever becoming a reasonably rebounding centre, nor an adequate defender, it is time to turn the page. He's an excellent piece for someone else but not a piece that is deserving to be built around.

  15. #35
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    I will be sick if we trade our pick, DeRozan or Davis to trade for a high salary "star" player. I have been loving this year because it seems like the Raptors have finally become patient as a franchise. No more going out and signing the Turks, or O'Neals, or trading for the Marions...we are finally taking our time and searching for a team identity which is a slow process.

    I could care less about bringing in a star-player through a trade. There are only a few players in the league who can change the path of a franchise by themselves and none of them are available.

  16. #36
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote deafheaven wrote: View Post
    This certainly does not fall into the category of "star player" and in fact, I've read where he has regressed, but I'd still love to see Rubio on this team. Also, and I hate saying this because I've been a Bargnani supporter, but perhaps it is time to consider trading him (assuming a good return). I still like Bargs but I'm tired of the defensive issues of not just him, but the team in general. Since I don't see him ever becoming a reasonably rebounding centre, nor an adequate defender, it is time to turn the page. He's an excellent piece for someone else but not a piece that is deserving to be built around.
    I've been talking about trading Bargnani for Rubio since Rubio was drafted. And I think Rubio definitely has the makings of a star. He's just got that winning quality that you can't teach.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  17. #37
    Raptors Republic Superstar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    4,942
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote saints91 wrote: View Post
    i really don't think that trade is goof for us. Who scores if Bargnani goes?
    People get way too concerned about who's going to replace Bargnani's scoring if he is traded for a non-scorer. First of all, if the defense improves, you don't need to score as much. More importantly, this is a bottom 5 team with an average age about the same as a keg party. The last thing this team needs to worry about is who is going to give them 20 ppg this season. Worse comes to worse, they don't score as much. Really, in the long run, does it matter? They desperately need more talent and they're going to find it in the draft and other places. Some of that talent is going to be able to score. It's not like Bargnani's scoring has helped the Raptors win much. Not having it isn't going to hurt much.
    Read my blog, The Picket Fence. Guaranteed to make you think or your money back!
    Follow me on Twitter.

  18. #38
    Administrator Apollo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Posts
    12,388
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Shantz wrote: View Post
    I will be sick if we trade our pick, DeRozan or Davis to trade for a high salary "star" player. I have been loving this year because it seems like the Raptors have finally become patient as a franchise. No more going out and signing the Turks, or O'Neals, or trading for the Marions...we are finally taking our time and searching for a team identity which is a slow process.

    I could care less about bringing in a star-player through a trade. There are only a few players in the league who can change the path of a franchise by themselves and none of them are available.
    Shantz, I doubt they're going to do that. The Raptors still have something that teams struggling financially want, money off their books. Between Reggie Evans' expiring contract and the TPE the Raptors can offer a team a "free pass" on somebody.

  19. #39
    Raptors Republic Starter
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Manitoba
    Posts
    546
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Apollo wrote: View Post
    Shantz, I doubt they're going to do that. The Raptors still have something that teams struggling financially want, money off their books. Between Reggie Evans' expiring contract and the TPE the Raptors can offer a team a "free pass" on somebody.
    That still does not sit very well with me Apollo. By taking on a quasi-star player we are not actually building a team that is designed for a championship, we are building a team that is designed for competing.

    Check out this article from The Picket Fence: http://www.wearingfilm.com/picketfen...pped-worrying/

    The author discusses the difference between building a team for a championship, and building a team to be competitive to make your team (mainly your GM) look good. I do not want to extend to another team a "free pass". There is no point in suddenly adding a vet to make a push for 9th or 8th place...what good does that do that Raptors in the long run. If we make timely trades to change the culture of the team, and also draft smartly, then we will be on to something!

    I am so tired of BC trying a quick fix. He is talking about rebuilding/retooling and he needs to stick with that plan!

  20. #40
    Raptors Republic All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Mississauga
    Posts
    1,570
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default

    Quote Tim W. wrote: View Post
    I've been talking about trading Bargnani for Rubio since Rubio was drafted. And I think Rubio definitely has the makings of a star. He's just got that winning quality that you can't teach.
    Usually agree with you Tim but I am not sold on Rubio becoming a star in this league, in fact I think he might become a so-so player who gets an attitude. Kick me if you want, but it's a feeling I got watching him at FIBA. As little of a supporter of Bargnani as I have become, I wouldn't make this trade.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •